Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neville and Tyler discussed Conte’s situation.

“What’s happening with Conte at the end of the season?” Neville asked.

“I think he’s liking it a bit more, my intel is that he’s a bit happier than he was, he looks happier doesn’t he?” Tyler said.

“There aren’t going to be many clubs Conte is going to be able to go to. This is a great league at the moment with great managers, this is where you want to showcase yourself as a manager, and what he’s seen tonight was very special, I’ve not seen an atmosphere like that in a stadium this season. For Conte that was big tonight, Champions League, he stays, the only danger is that they don’t get into the Champions League, but tonight, irrespective of the Champions League or not, must have an impact on Conte,” Neville concluded.

Amazing manager but I thought he should of kept the pedal to the metal and tried to get a couple more. We sort of gave them 20-30 minutes off. We really needed to do everything we could to demoralize them for their next 2 matches.
After scoring the 3rd goal Conte started his focus on the Burnely game on Sunday, so for him and the team so it was in fact good for them to get some "rest" before that game.
By the 3rd goal, Spurs already had a 12 goals better goal-difference, so it was more important to have the players ready for the Burnley game.
Besides, a 3 goals win and totally dominating Woolwich was demoralizing enough.

After scoring the 3rd goal Conte started his focus on the Burnely game on Sunday, so for him and the team so it was in fact good for them to get some "rest" before that game.
By the 3rd goal, Spurs already had a 12 goals better goal-difference, so it was more important to have the players ready for the Burnley game.

More goals would have been nice, but it's a quick turnaround for Sunday lunchtime... Especially from an emotional perspective (not forgetting the Dippers game also still relatively fresh).

Last edited:
People can’t really think GD was ever in doubt going into this game?

We came into this game at +6 and 4 points back. To draw even on points we needed to,
1) beat Woolwich. Which at a minimum would put us at +8.
2) Gain 1 more point in the last 2 games. The most likely way being Woolwich lose a game and we draw one. That puts it at +9 GD minimum with 1 game unaccounted for.
3) Wed both have to win the other game and since we would gain 1GD minimum with a win, Woolwich would need to win by 10 minimum.

Spurs are a billion dollar organization using advanced statistics and people way smarter than me (a middle of the road IT worker). There is no way management is not getting this information.

Great to hear. I feel like Spurs fans have played their part in this. The fans at the stadium always responded well to his calls for support. He's clearly been given a great deal of respect and trust from the fanbase and players.

Only a question whether Levy would back him in the transfer market. I guess he's got some reassurances.

Love the man, he is the one to take us to glory, I can sense it, I think we all can. The atmosphere last night was electric, an example of how great the stadium can be if our supporters show their voice.

We need to show that voice even in the tough times and not just in the NLD, we need to make Tottenham a hostile horrible place to come and play football and we need to truly trust this man to take us to the very top, that includes our chairman and owners who need to now give him whatever he requires to make us the best team in the league.

This is the goal, we shouldn't shy away from it, if we back this man he WILL deliver, he has shown how great he is at this point.

It's been said a million times but if he is backed, then even I will believe that he can lead us to a trophy.
Love his passion and his honesty, not many people get the better of him!

Anyone else loving how the “best” managers have all taken a pop at Conte?

Peppa and Kplop, and even the overrated legohead is at it.

Says a lot really about how elite Conte is.
He’s at Tottenham now. He better get used to the hate.
but he seems the type of bloke to love the hate and then go do some schooling.

I truly believe that he gets backed this summer. He has levy by the bollocks but I think Levy trusts him. Levy must know he won the fucking jackpoT with this fella.

with just 2 signings (and not his beloved wing backs) he has transformed us. 2-3 good signings and we are on the chavs coat tails. He’s done this on a squad of 15-16 in reality.

conte also seems in tune with the fans. He can feel the love and that can affect everything.

I am so optimistic, it fucking hurts. He has me as emotional involved as Poch, but with a higher bar. 4th or not, I think we march onto great things Together.

I know Im an eternal optimist, but law of fucking averages say I get it right once.

He knows what he is doing.
I hope and expect we get a whole season out of him and IMO the sky is the limit because I think Levy will back him in the summer transfer market.
The fecking thing that drove me mad over the last few seasons is us holding onto players that should not be at the club. Aurier being the classic example.
Conte getting people out of THFC has IMO been more important than getting people in.

Love the man, he is the one to take us to glory, I can sense it, I think we all can. The atmosphere last night was electric, an example of how great the stadium can be if our supporters show their voice.

We need to show that voice even in the tough times and not just in the NLD, we need to make Tottenham a hostile horrible place to come and play football and we need to truly trust this man to take us to the very top, that includes our chairman and owners who need to now give him whatever he requires to make us the best team in the league.

This is the goal, we shouldn't shy away from it, if we back this man he WILL deliver, he has shown how great he is at this point.
Given the amount of times Conte's name was chanted with fierce passion last night, until finally he responded, he can be in no doubt that he is our man. Nor can Levy be in any doubt, so he'd better open up the wallet when asked, or there will be some explaining to do, when next we meet.

Conte wants to challenge for the title but we are a long way off the top two. The types of players we need and Conte would want are way out of Levy's comfort zone.

So we have a £60m trf record.....

Using Conte's last club/signings as a measuring stick; which one's are beyond what DL is prepared to spend?

Year 1: £112m net spend
Year 2: £38m net spend

Open question:

How much constitutes sufficient #backing this summer?

Big couple of weeks ahead, we will find out soon where both Conte and Spurs are heading.

Those whom are entrenched in the Conte 'will he/won't he'-isms won't find the paranoia soothing rest-bite they require even once the window closes.... Even if we blow 200m in the summer.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for Conte Cam ..... one of the best bits when we win!!
angry chelsea GIF

Back
Top Bottom