Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youtube Meme GIF

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Arteta you cunt.

Brutal.

This is genius from Conte, a master at his work.

Right now we are enjoying these comments in an afterglow of spanking the scum. If you can remove yourselves from that state for 5mins......

There are only two games left to play, and we are now 1 point behind them, 4th is still very much in their hands. What Conte has done here is to dump a huge amount for pressure onto Arteta, who he absolutely schooled last night, a master vs an apprentice.

In the build-up to the game against Newcastle, he will be asked about his and Conte's comments, some will question the flakiness and ill-discipline of their team (tons of red cards this season, this isn't a fluke or a bias, it's a trend, it's a young team being told to be aggressive without understanding what that is until they find out when they receive a red), for all the fake narratives spun in the media about them being "savy" and have now "mastered the dark arts" they honestly haven't. Arteta has them wound up to tight, it's on him and his preparation.

Arteta's response has been to be more shouty, more confrontational, and more of a cunt but his team respond in the same way, poor discipline, playing over the edge and this is only amplified when the pressure becomes greater.

What Conte is doing is to unsettle him, to make Woolwich be even more self-defeatingly frantic in their next match. He's likely to wind up his players even more because he's the one that's not able to handle the pressure, he's the shouty one, the one that's always complaining and basically not in control of his emotions.

EDIT: (I've just read a piece from Delany who also thinks that Conte is piling pressure on Arta with his comments. In his piece, he wrote this (cut and pasted below) which I thought was interesting......

"From Woolwich’s 11 league defeats this season before this, a massive eight have come in clusters or doubles. That is something that used to happen to Arsene Wenger teams, too. They often lost matches in pairs, and it was pointed at as something psychological. That is a worry for Arteta. If it happens this week, it will surely be goodbye to the Champions League. This may be what Conte is further leaning on".

It was clear that the instructions were given to Holding to ruff up Son, (Arteta's plan, despite all the protests from gooners about biased refs, everyone knows that Holding should have got booked for about 3 challenges that he wasn't, the kick in Son's back was a straight red as was the elbow in the face that he got his 2nd yellow).

Conte has just served up more pressure.

The pressure is well and truly on them, something they failed to deal with last night and now they play away to Newcastle which has become a very tough fixture, since Howe was appointed in Nov they've lost just 2 home games (vs City & Liverpool the only two teams to beat them on their turf).

They go there with no Holding, possibly no Gabriel (who looked to have done a hammy last night, that or he faked the injury to get him off the pitch whilst we humiliated him) a half fit White. Probably means Xhaka drops into CB!!!

As it's so close a draw is enough for us to leapfrog them should we win against Burnley (it's a major challenge for us against Burnley who I think are better since they sacked Dyche + they've had all week to prep for this vs us with only 2 days turnaround. BUT despite these concerns, you'd have to back Conte's Spurs to have the quality to beat them but I think it will be a close game as they will sit deep and we will struggle to break them down). But I digress, should confident and determined Tottenham beat Burnley it will create huge pressure on Woolwich who will play on Monday, they simply have to win this game.

Last edited:
This is genius from Conte, a master at his work.

Right now we are enjoying these comments in an afterglow of spanking the scum. If you can remove yourselves from that state for 5mins......

There are only two games left to play, and we are now 1 point behind them, 4th is still very much in their hands. What Conte has done here is to dump a huge amount for pressure onto Arteta, who he absolutely schooled last night, a master vs an apprentice.

In the build-up to the game against Newcastle, he will be asked about his and Conte's comments, some will question the flakiness and ill-discipline of their team (tons of red cards this season, this isn't a fluke or a bias, it's a trend, it's a young team being told to be aggressive without understanding what that is until they find out when they receive a red), for all the fake narratives spun in the media about them being "savy" and have now "mastered the dark arts" they honestly haven't. Arteta has them wound up to tight, it's on him and his preparation.

Arteta's response has been to be more shouty, more confrontational, and more of a cunt but his team respond in the same way, poor discipline, playing over the edge and this is only amplified when the pressure becomes greater.

It was clear that the instructions were given to Holding to ruff up Son, (Arteta's plan, despite all the protests from gooners about biased refs, everyone knows that Holding should have got booked for about 3 challenges that he wasn't, the kick in Son's back was a straight red as was the elbow in the face that he got his 2nd yellow).

Conte has just served up more pressure.

The pressure is well and truly on them, something they failed to deal with last night and now they play away to Newcastle which has become a very tough fixture, since Howe was appointed in Nov they've lost just 2 home games (vs City & Liverpool the only two teams to beat them on their turf).

They go there with no Holding, possibly no Gabriel (who looked to have done a hammy last night, that or he faked the injury to get him off the pitch whilst we humiliated him) a half fit White. Probably means Xhaka drops into CB!!!

As it's so close a draw is enough for us to leapfrog them should we win against Burnley (it's a major challenge for us against Burnley who I think are better since they sacked Dyche + they've had all week to prep for this vs us with only 2 days turnaround. BUT despite these concerns, you'd have to back Conte's Spurs to have the quality to beat them but I think it will be a close game as they will sit deep and we will struggle to break them down). But I digress, should confident and determined Tottenham beat Burnley it will create huge pressure on Woolwich who will play on Monday, they simply have to win this game.

Funny you mention that. It is exactly what I thought he did last night during the game. He was standing still when he did it at a corner. How do you pull a hamstring like that?

Amazing manager but I thought he should of kept the pedal to the metal and tried to get a couple more. We sort of gave them 20-30 minutes off. We really needed to do everything we could to demoralize them for their next 2 matches.

Back
Top Bottom