Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we have a £60m trf record.....

Using Conte's last club/signings as a measuring stick; who one's are beyond what DL is prepared to spend?

Year 1: £112m net spend
Year 2: £38m net spend

Open question:

How much constitutes sufficient #backing this summer?

Those whom are entrenched in the Conte 'will he/won't he'-isms won't find the paranoia soothing rest-bite they require even once the window closes.... Even if we blow 200m in the summer.

Well that's that's an interesting final observation about Conte. He is very much a will he / won't he stay kind of manager and I guess we just have to accept this about him whilst he is here.

Sufficient backing this summer? I suppose we need to bring in the signings he wants. I'm sure he is not unrealistic and stupid enough to be demanding we sign the very best players in the world, from what he has said about the squad it seems he wants more experienced players who in his eyes have a winning mentality.

I'm waiting for Conte Cam ..... one of the best bits when we win!!
angry chelsea GIF
Your wish is our command Mrs P.

Your wish is our command Mrs P.

Just watched it, love his passion, but think it's quite funny that he doesn't go loopy on the first goal :)
I also wonder if the players can actually hear him, because it feels like he kicks every ball. I was delighted to see him cuddle Sonny at the end, probably taking the time to explain he wants him to have a bit of a rest before Burnley - that's good man management.

Just watched it, love his passion, but think it's quite funny that he doesn't go loopy on the first goal :)
I also wonder if the players can actually hear him, because it feels like he kicks every ball. I was delighted to see him cuddle Sonny at the end, probably taking the time to explain he wants him to have a bit of a rest before Burnley - that's good man management.
I was watching him for a bit frantically trying to get Sonny to come over to the touchline and as soon as Sonny got there he started waving him back to where he had just come from 🤣😂

Anyone else loving how the “best” managers have all taken a pop at Conte?

Peppa and Kplop, and even the overrated legohead is at it.

Says a lot really about how elite Conte is.
If he starts finally getting over the Chelsea... hurdle, expect some choice words from nosferatu too.

Was literally about to post this. You definitely get the sense that Conte now knows this a proper club with proper fans.

Of course you want silverware, but the vibe has to be right. The buzz of 60k Yids screaming your name at the NLD as you smash woolwich is the right vibe.

You have to enjoy managing the club, and I think he is enjoying it.

Well that's that's an interesting final observation about Conte. He is very much a will he / won't he stay kind of manager and I guess we just have to accept this about him whilst he is here.

Sufficient backing this summer? I suppose we need to bring in the signings he wants. I'm sure he is not unrealistic and stupid enough to be demanding we sign the very best players in the world, from what he has said about the squad it seems he wants more experienced players who in his eyes have a winning mentality.
I think he wants wing backs that can cross a ball.

I truly believe that he gets backed this summer. He has levy by the bollocks but I think Levy trusts him. Levy must know he won the fucking jackpoT with this fella.

with just 2 signings (and not his beloved wing backs) he has transformed us. 2-3 good signings and we are on the chavs coat tails. He’s done this on a squad of 15-16 in reality.

conte also seems in tune with the fans. He can feel the love and that can affect everything.

I am so optimistic, it fucking hurts. He has me as emotional involved as Poch, but with a higher bar. 4th or not, I think we march onto great things Together.

I know Im an eternal optimist, but law of fucking averages say I get it right once.
Only two signings that at the beginning were heavily criticized because they were considered a "favor" by Paratici at Juventus. I am happy that two Juventus players (now former because they will be redeemed) have contributed to your growth.

Was literally about to post this. You definitely get the sense that Conte now knows this a proper club with proper fans.

Of course you want silverware, but the vibe has to be right. The buzz of 60k Yids screaming your name at the NLD as you smash woolwich is the right vibe.

You have to enjoy managing the club, and I think he is enjoying it.
You have wonderful fans and he who is a serious professional who also lives on sensations feels it. And he likes it

Back
Top Bottom