Ivan Perišić

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some great goals in here.

It will be amazing to actually have a goal threat from LWB now. Sess never really gets himself in goalscoring positions but Reg did and you always knew he was hitting it straight at the keeper or over the bar.

It will really give teams something to think about as now when Kane drops deep we'll have Perisic, Son, Kulusevski and Doherty all running in behind who can all score/assist.

He will also give us a much needed aerial threat which this team sorely lacks.

Transfer Done.png

I like this signing because he is a player we absolutely needed.
It's not an opportunistic signing of a player who we don't need but grabbed. We needed major upgrades in the wing back positions and we've got one already. One who is ready to step straight into the first team and contribute serious numbers from the off.

This is very un-spurs-like.

You can't really credit Paratici with that as he didn't exactly sign the players we needed last summer. The change in philosophy screams Conte to me. If we sel Reggy we can use Perisic to train Sessegnon to be more productive and more confident to ultimately succeed him in that position.

Right side now please. I genuinely think those dull games where we struggled against the likes of Burnley away, Brentford away and Brighton at home would be different with positive attacking wing backs.

Cant think of any off the top of my head that "set it on fire" as such at 33 but from a Spurs POV Davids coming here at a similar age at the time was a massive boost for the club, winners mentality.

I dont expect him to set anything on fire to be honest given i think he will be in LWB role, but I do expect 100% commitment and professionalism - which some of our younger lads may see and emulate and that is priceless
Klinsmann was in his thirties too IIRC

And #44 will most likely go to Kulusevski next season (he couldn't get it this year because of Scarlett). But Perisic will most likely be #14, Rodon is as good as gone, hopefully on a loan.
....if he turns out to be as good as our last Croatian #14, then we'd have done some great business!!
article-2194190-14B564B5000005DC-945_468x359.jpg

(or has someone already mentioned that?)

Back
Top Bottom