Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well you normally punish people when they've done something wrong, so nothing?

Use him in a squad role this season, then give him our best wishes when he leaves.
So just let him off with it scot-free?

I'd make him run around on the pitch like a headless chicken.

Now we know why Bergwijn didn't get much match time, Lucas was being punished.

Last edited:
I thought we were just fucking with Inter (and we might well be) but Bremer actually makes sense. So obv we need a left-sided center back but the attrional way Romero plays and more game time means Bremer will get mins. Then we could do something radical like get a much younger cheaper LCB with Davis in the driver seat for another year. My bet is and has been for a while David Carmo , With a better LWB (Persic) it's much less important. Bremer will cost 20 million less than Bastoni so we have considerably more cash for the forward Conte wants. Here my left fie
ld bets that I think might happen.

Singo RWB
Carmo/ Torres (Either or)
Bremer
Bissouma
Eriksen
Spencer
FORWARD (Anyone of...Richarlison(😔) Martinez, David,
So instead of buying in a position to improve us, we should buy 2 back ups? I am not sure on the logical in this one. I get there is a need for subs, but I feel like Torres should be the priority over Bremer.

He's better than Sanchez, which is the point.
You said he was a good passer from the back, he isn’t. I know we have a campaign for him to get back for England. He is probably good enough for that but by no stretch of the imagination is Eric a top centre back. That’s our problem for England.....we just haven’t got any.
Romero would just walk straight into the England team. The only way Argentina get away with Otamendi at centre back is that Romero is next to him.

The only melting I've seen on here is people like you melting over some imaginary meltdown that hasn't even happened.

Jesus. Some of you need to give your heads a wobble

:contefacepalm:
This is what happens when a plastic surgeon stands too near the fireplace....

Last edited:
You said he was a good passer from the back, he isn’t. I know we have a campaign for him to get back for England. He is probably good enough for that but by no stretch of the imagination is Eric a top centre back. That’s our problem for England.....we just haven’t got any.
Romero would just walk straight into the England team. The only way Argentina get away with Otamendi at centre back is that Romero is next to him.

Now if you use the context it was meant to be used in, the comparison was with Sanchez, you took it upon yourself to compare him to Romero but that wasn't the debate.

We've been through this already, please read post 11,470

Behind a paywall, here it is:

Tottenham will appoint Rangers chief scout Andy Scoulding to a role at the club ahead of their return to the Champions League next season.
Scoulding is set to join later in the summer, having been with Rangers since 2017 and was part of the team behind the scenes, led by Ross Wilson, that helped Steven Gerrard end the club’s decade-long wait to reclaim the Scottish Premiership title.
From the Rangers team that reached the final of the Europa League last month, notable signings included Joe Aribo from Charlton, Calvin Bassey from Leicester City’s academy and Ryan Kent after a loan from Liverpool. All have seen their market values increase during their time in Glasgow.
Fabio Paratici, Spurs’ managing director of football, has been looking to add to his team for his second season in the Premier League, although Scoulding will not be part of the recruitment team.
Scoulding started at Fulham where he was an analyst before being part of the scouting team under Roy Hodgson, then had spell at Liverpool, the Football Assocation and Valencia.
On his job at Rangers, Scoulding said in an interview: “One of the key things for us is to make sure we don’t just have a European footprint, we have a global footprint and we are able to identify the best talent and then attract them to the football club.”
Spurs have seen changes to their staff since the era of Mauricio Pochettino, with John McDermott moving to the FA as technical director and Steve Hitchen leaving last season as the club’s director of technical performance.

Paratici is expected to have a busy summer recruiting players for Antonio Conte to have a satisfactory squad for next season as Spurs rejoin Europe’s elite. Fraser Forster and Ivan Perisic have arrived as free agents, which was Paratici’s hallmark during his time at Juventus. They remain in the market in several positions including centre-back.

One can get these by cutting and copying into "archive.ph"

Almost all the time it works

(Blatant - I don't subscribe)

So instead of buying in a position to improve us, we should buy 2 back ups? I am not sure on the logical in this one. I get there is a need for subs, but I feel like Torres should be the priority over Bremer.
Two back ups how?Did I not write either or? The assumption is we sell Sanchez. Have more games due to serious Europen football Sell Royale and or Doherty and Reguilon, and we don't currently have any Davis understudy of note. Here's the thing Spurs fans need to get past we are not buying bench warmers we are buying competition. Liverpool have this down let the best man win.

Grab the direct link to the gif.

Click on the image button up in the taskbar. Paste the link into the url slot. Presto donso.

DampImpoliteBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

That goal is the equivalent of throwing a slice of bread over your shoulder, and it landing in the toaster.

So Lucas is planning to run down his contract and then fuck off.

Not particularly bothered about this tbh. I doubt that means he wouldn't consider leaving sooner for a fee and I couldn't see us asking for a large amount.
It's not like he'd go to Chelsea and haunt us.

Back
Top Bottom