Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that is small club mentality, a good first 11 and that is it. We need good players to rotate, this guy can play all roles in the attack, we can’t risk burning out the whole front 3 particularly Kane.
We don't need to spend 50-60 million for a 4th choice attacker though.
Why not look for an experienced albeit older alternative (like a Perisic) that we could get on a free or cheap transfer? There are plenty of older attackers that still have got quality.

Why not look for an experienced albeit older alternative (like a Perisic) that we could get on a free or cheap transfer? There are plenty of older attackers that still have got quality.

Again who? Liverpool have Jota and still use him all the time, it’s about competition and cover, we cannot have a good first 11 and then an emergency back up squad that is not how you become a top team.

Richarlison can play as a striker and on either wing and has still 7/8 years left in him, £50m isn't that expensive if you look at it that way. You could sell Bergwijn and Lucas if you sign Richarlison and make the squad stronger.

Richarlison - Kane- Kulusevski

Son - Richarlison - Kulusevski

Son - Kane - Richarlison

Still a very good front 3 if one of Son, Kane or Kulusevski isn't available.

Last edited:
Name them then. If we want to win the title we should have several 50m options in every position. Our bench should be full of 50m options.

Again who? Liverpool have Jota and still use him all the time, it’s about competition and cover, we cannot have a good first 11 and then an emergency back up squad that is not how you become a top team.
Here are strikers with expiring contracts in 2022 and 2023 - I'm not pulling for us to sign any particular one but here's the list:

2022 - forwards with expiring contract

2023 - forwards with expiring contract

Richarlison can play as a striker and on either wing and has still 7/8 years left in him, £50m isn't that expensive if you look at it that way. You could sell Bergwijn and Lucas if you sign Richarlison and make the squad stronger.

Richarlison - Kane- Kulusevski

Son - Richarlison - Kulusevski

Son - Kane - Richarlison

Still a very good front 3 if one of Son, Kane or Kulusevski isn't available.
It's too much to spend for another Lucas Moura type of player. He's too much of a wildcard and other than being slightly more versatile, I don't see him being much of an upgrade to Lucas.

I think you are talking bollocks he is not good enough and doesn’t score enough goals £51m wasted on on shit .

He scored 13 for relegation fodder. That was two less goals than Jota, De Bryune, Sterling and more than Bowen, Maddison, Mount, Mahrez and Toney.

In fact take Kane's penalties away and he would have scored as many.

But he doesn't score enough?

Do go on...

It's too much to spend for another Lucas Moura type of player. He's too much of a wildcard and other than being slightly more versatile, I don't see him being much of an upgrade to Lucas.

He's a much, much better footballer than Lucas and that's why he starts for Brazil and Lucas can't even get even remotely close to the squad.

He's a much, much better footballer than Lucas and that's why he starts for Brazil and Lucas can't even get even remotely close to the squad.
Here's Richarlison's non penalty output over the last 2 seasons in the Premier League

7 goals, 5 assists
6 goals, 3 assists

I get that he's playing for a shit Everton team but he's still the main man/target there. I would bet that Lucas gets close to that kind of output if he were the main man for Everton.

This is not the kind of output you'd expect for a 50-60 million player. No where near.

Someone like say, say...

Soldado?

Levy has done the rounds on "cheap" honest.

Conte wants cover and also to fight in four competitions t a time when five substitutions will be allowed.

If you look at the benches of the top three, ours is quite honestly piss poor. This is why we need to look towards a proven, young player who should be set for the next half decade not the next two seasons.

Here's Richarlison's non penalty output over the last 2 seasons in the Premier League

7 goals, 5 assists
6 goals, 3 assists

I get that he's playing for a shit Everton team but he's still the main man/target there. I would bet that Lucas gets close to that kind of output if he were the main man for Everton.

This is not the kind of output you'd expect for a 50-60 million player. No where near.

Really? I'd bet the opposite. Zero service and shit side where he'd see none of the ball.

And those are some productive seasons for a crap Everton team. But whilst goals & assists are important it's not entirely how a player should be judged. Richarlison is an elite presser (which we lack) and very good in possession. He's not just g/a.

He offers much better depth across all front 3 positions than Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom