Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry to hear that mate.
I'm still talking to my mum and she's been gone 20 years, especially when I fuck up.
Thanks mate. And thanks to everyone for the kind words or 'likes'.
We may all of us disagree about lots of different subjects, but one thing we all agree about is our love for this frustrating club!! Getting into the champions league cheered me up no end last month. Let's look forward to next season.
COYS!

Funny GIF

We're still bigger than the cunts from across our river, for one.

I watched a 9:32 video of Richarlison. A highlight of his club and country moments in 2022. Not fussed at all to be honest. Just as many misses as goals, most of his goals for Brazil are far post tap ins and being fouled or drawing fouls just as frequent as assists and goals. Certainly not a £50M player. Add in the petulance and for me he is a hard no…..his work rate I cannot question but that’s really the only pro. Nowhere near our current front 3 and I would even question selling Berg and/or Lucas for what I saw . I switched it off at 7mins out of disappointment FFS. Hate to see his lowlights video. Worse than I thought to be honest
An unimpressive highlight vid?

Richarlison

Here's Richarlison's non penalty output over the last 2 seasons in the Premier League

7 goals, 5 assists
6 goals, 3 assists

I get that he's playing for a shit Everton team but he's still the main man/target there. I would bet that Lucas gets close to that kind of output if he were the main man for Everton.

This is not the kind of output you'd expect for a 50-60 million player. No where near.
Hmmm maybe Saint Maximin is a better option

I watched a 9:32 video of Richarlison. A highlight of his club and country moments in 2022. Not fussed at all to be honest. Just as many misses as goals, most of his goals for Brazil are far post tap ins and being fouled or drawing fouls just as frequent as assists and goals. Certainly not a £50M player. Add in the petulance and for me he is a hard no…..his work rate I cannot question but that’s really the only pro. Nowhere near our current front 3 and I would even question selling Berg and/or Lucas for what I saw . I switched it off at 7mins out of disappointment FFS. Hate to see his lowlights video. Worse than I thought to be honest

Fuck me, I have to call the Samaritans after reading that.

Not sure what the highlighted bit means. Even Harry Kane misses target as often as hit hits target and only about 1/3 of his on target shots are goals. And he's one of the most prolific goalscorers of his generation.

Quick check on homegrown rules.

Premier League

Rules

You can only have 17 non HG in squad, excluding U21 players. This means you need 8 HG if you’re going to register a full squad of 25.

Situation

We should be fine even if we sell Rodon, Tanganga and Winks.

PL HG: Brandon Austin, Forster, Davies, Doherty, SPENCE IF, Skipp, Sess, Kane

Champions League

Rules

You need to register 8, 4 of which came through your academy (club trained)

Doherty, Rodon and Davies do not count as HG.

Situation

Homegrown club trained: Brandon Austin, Skipp, Kane…. Yikes… Harvey white? Dane Scarlett? Otherwise we need to keep either winks or tanganga about ..

Non club trained: Forster, Sess, …

What does this mean for transfer business?

This means we really do need to sign Spence for both PL and CL … and
1) we keep Tanganga OR
2) we include both white and Scarlett in the 25 man CL squad OR
3) we sign another homegrown player as well as Spence

Not ideal situation. We need AT LEAST Spence to come in for the CL squad.

Good news is we probably don’t need to leave anyone out of the 17 non homegrown CL spots at the moment but if we bring in 3 more non HG players (easily done) then we will be leaving someone out to satisfy HG rules unless we move someone on…

Back
Top Bottom