Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

« Several Clubs » ?

I wonder who the other club is, surely they are offering a better deal than the one Ajax have been rumoured putting in.

« Several Clubs »?

I wonder who the other club is, surely they are offering a better deal than the one Ajax have been rumoured putting in.

Souring on the way he's handling all this..... Just keep schtum until we're no longer paying your wages.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that mate.
I'm still talking to my mum and she's been gone 20 years, especially when I fuck up.

Likewise. My old dear went 8 years ago and there’s not a day passes by when I don’t wonder what she’d be thinking of certain situations/scrapes and quite often have a little chat with her in my head.
Fuck me that’s heartbreaking.

I’m going to call my olds now. Thanks for the perspective

:dierpochhug:

I watched a 9:32 video of Richarlison. A highlight of his club and country moments in 2022. Not fussed at all to be honest. Just as many misses as goals, most of his goals for Brazil are far post tap ins and being fouled or drawing fouls just as frequent as assists and goals. Certainly not a £50M player. Add in the petulance and for me he is a hard no…..his work rate I cannot question but that’s really the only pro. Nowhere near our current front 3 and I would even question selling Berg and/or Lucas for what I saw . I switched it off at 7mins out of disappointment FFS. Hate to see his lowlights video. Worse than I thought to be honest

Funny GIF

Lukas Paqueta wearing a Spurs kit (2014-15) apparently due to Paulinho playing for Spurs...

... but so did Mats Hummels ....

Hummels stunned Tottenham fans by wearing one of their shirts while out for an off-season run

...and Ousmane Dembele...

Dembele.jpg

Dembele was spotted in a Spurs shirt on Instagram Live

So that's 3 transfers just there :D

With all the slander we get from British fans, we sometimes forget how massive we are in Europe.

Hummels likes to jog in a Dier shirt, Griezmann does a Harry Kane celebration after a goal in training, Dembele sleeps in a Spurs shirt. Apparently also made an impression on a young Tuchel.

We also hired Conte after sacking Mourinho, that's the kind of shit RM might pull.

With all the slander we get from British fans, we sometimes forget how massive we are in Europe.

Hummels likes to jog in a Dier shirt, Griezmann does a Harry Kane celebration after a goal in training, Dembele sleeps in a Spurs shirt. Apparently also made an impression on a young Tuchel.

We also hired Conte after sacking Mourinho, that's the kind of shit RM might pull.
Would Real Madrid hire Nuno?

Still probably win CL 😞

Your + and - points are literally the same thing :D
Pretty much 😂 I imagine if he signs they’ll all continue to be relevant too.
- strike rate in the league is not even 1 in 3

He wouldn't start every game, he would compliment the front three and share the workload.
Oh Harry, what nice teeth you have. And Deki I love what you’ve done with your hair.
- appears not to have settled into a position yet in his mid 20s

In his Everton career he has hit 1/3 as you say but where is Moura and Berj in this assessment?
Just worse than 1 in 3 as a starter which often plays as the number 9 v 2 players who have never been first choice and mostly players wide,
- would cost an awful lot for someone who isn’t as good as our front 3.

How many more cheap options do we need to go through? Conte has a plan and it does not include developing a second striker for next season. We desperately need the finished product now.
My point is more that if we’re spending that kind of money I’d rather go for someone who could genuinely challenge to start ahead of the others form dependent.
At the end of the day why spend a hundred million on defence and midfield and end up with an injury away from having to depend on Son for goals?

It makes no sense whatsoever to just go half measures now?
I don’t I ever suggested that. Wasn’t was my closing comment that I reckon Conte would love him so I’m leaning towards wanting him?

This is the 3rd tweet on the account, so maybe entirely made up - but its equally possibly true.

E u21's play Slovenia in England (Huddersfield I think) at 7.40 on Monday so he could in theory make that - but I suspect wouldn't play as his mind wouldn't be wholly on the E u21 game if he's in the middle of the transfer - so maybe watch the team line up and see if he's involved, if not there's a better chance this tweet might be correct

This is the 3rd tweet on the account, so maybe entirely made up - but its equally possibly true.

E u21's play Slovenia in England (Huddersfield I think) at 7.40 on Monday so he could in theory make that - but I suspect wouldn't play as his mind wouldn't be wholly on the E u21 game if he's in the middle of the transfer - so maybe watch the team line up and see if he's involved, if not there's a better chance this tweet might be correct

I'm convinced that he will join us this summer, but that Twitter account with 1 follower screams bollocks

Back
Top Bottom