Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't really see how he's any different to Sessegnon in that regard. The fact that the only reason to stick with Sess is our dire need for homegrown players says it all about how that is a shackle on clubs.

Its a rule that all clubs know about and its part of the game - just as the offside rule stops players being 'goal hangers'

So clubs need to have a transfer policy that includes buying HG players plus managers need to be aware they need to develop youngsters through playing them at Spurs and loaning them out. Spurs have been poor at that in recent past, especially Poch only producing Winks in 6 years which is why we have a problem now

The Bremer talk is interesting. Personally think it's a smokescreen myself. I think a left footed LCB is more likey still think Torres is likely the cb that comes in.

I think Bremer wants to stay in Italy and prefers Inter to us.

I think we only get him if we think Bremer or Dier can play as a LCB, as that is where we have least cb cover with Davies our only LCB.

Just as likely the talks are to persuade Inter that if they don't sell us Bastoni we'll take Bremer who they see as cheaper but still very able to cover either Skriniar or Bastoni loss - and their goal is to bank money after selling their players and buying cheaper replacements.
Dier has to play in the middle, there is no way that he can play LCB.

In my opinion obviously.

The Bremer talk is interesting. Personally think it's a smokescreen myself. I think a left footed LCB is more likey still think Torres is likely the cb that comes in.

I think Bremer wants to stay in Italy and prefers Inter to us.

Yeah I think it's more likely to try and get Inter to tell Bastoni to fuck off...basically.

But I would absolutely not be averse to us signing Bremer.

Sessegnon has more potential and has been better when played this season

Not a huge fan of Sess but definitely worth keeping over Reguilon

Don't really agree, Too often I think Sess didn't make anything from a break chance. Either stopping or cutting inside and killing the move. There were also many, many games where people were slagging off Royal for dicking things up when Sess was simply uninvolved in the match altogether. He's getting slack because he's English IMO

Its a rule that all clubs know about and its part of the game - just as the offside rule stops players being 'goal hangers'

So clubs need to have a transfer policy that includes buying HG players plus managers need to be aware they need to develop youngsters through playing them at Spurs and loaning them out. Spurs have been poor at that in recent past, especially Poch only producing Winks in 6 years which is why we have a problem now

It's a rule that will potentially cause English clubs problems in Europe and see poor clubs perpetually struggle. The rule means Homegrown players will cost way more than their talent is worth. Look at how much better Bentancur and PEH are than Winks, yet people are, with a straight face, suggesting Winks is worth at least £25m

You have a situation where poor teams (financially poor) can't buy HG players as they simply can't afford them. The only HG players they will have will be kids who aren't good enough or maybe players who's contracts weren't renewed by their clubs.

This hurts everyone IMO. Even the big clubs who have to have X amuont for European competition (which is even more strict)

Don't really agree, Too often I think Sess didn't make anything from a break chance. Either stopping or cutting inside and killing the move. There were also many, many games where people were slagging off Royal for dicking things up when Sess was simply uninvolved in the match altogether. He's getting slack because he's English IMO

It's a rule that will potentially cause English clubs problems in Europe and see poor clubs perpetually struggle. The rule means Homegrown players will cost way more than their talent is worth. Look at how much better Bentancur and PEH are than Winks, yet people are, with a straight face, suggesting Winks is worth at least £25m

You have a situation where poor teams (financially poor) can't buy HG players as they simply can't afford them. The only HG players they will have will be kids who aren't good enough or maybe players who's contracts weren't renewed by their clubs.

This hurts everyone IMO. Even the big clubs who have to have X amuont for European competition (which is even more strict)

Whilst I think Sess is better than you're giving him credit for, I do agree with your overall point about the homegrown rule.

Can't really see how he's any different to Sessegnon in that regard. The fact that the only reason to stick with Sess is our dire need for homegrown players says it all about how that is a shackle on clubs.
Sess really stepped up the last few months of the season and was very good defensively, keeping Reggie out if the side.

Being prepared to listen to offers for Reggie tells you how he rates in Conte's eyes.

Sess really stepped up the last few months of the season and was very good defensively, keeping Reggie out if the side.

Being prepared to listen to offers for Reggie tells you how he rates in Conte's eyes.

It's as much a game of chess as it is actual talent.
Gollini and Regiillon out.
Forster in, Sess 2nd to Perisic in.
Conte knows he has to sacrifice a few foreign players and keep a few HG. I'm not saying Regiulon is great and should stay. Just that he's in no way worse than Sessegnon. If there was no HG rule it would be a coin flip as to which one would be 2nd to Perisic IMO.

I think we only get him if we think Bremer or Dier can play as a LCB, as that is where we have least cb cover with Davies our only LCB.

Just as likely the talks are to persuade Inter that if they don't sell us Bastoni we'll take Bremer who they see as cheaper but still very able to cover either Skriniar or Bastoni loss - and their goal is to bank money after selling their players and buying cheaper replacements.
I doubt we'll sign Bremer.. he's a very good defender, but his build-up is not good. I'd love to see a stat on most passes to goalkeeper, he must be up there. Conte would improve him, no doubt, but I don't think he's a great fit right now.

UEFA's rules apply to all clubs throughout europe - so every club has the same challenge on HG players.

PL clubs prefer to buy rathe than develop their own youth unlike in europe where clubs are more likely to bring through youth.

My point is simply if we have a war chest, if Conte wants a player and he costs £60m and Conte and the club are happy for that to be put down for the player to back a truly elite manager then isn’t this what we always wanted????

I mean Lewis and Levy are finally doing what fans asked which is to be celebrated and I am for one very happy. We are never going to compete with Liverpool getting 2/3 rate options, maybe Richarlison isn’t number one, at the moment it’s just media talk but if our number one striker target is £60m and we get him then finally we can start to build a deeper squad than just a good first 11. The whole Ndombele saga has clouded peoples judged about buying top draw players.

Agree, there needs to be a balance though, I like Richarlison at £50m which IMO is fair, not at £70m.

UEFA's rules apply to all clubs throughout europe - so every club has the same challenge on HG players.

PL clubs prefer to buy rathe than develop their own youth unlike in europe where clubs are more likely to bring through youth.
Technically they don't though.
Because HG applies to the country they're in. If England isn't producing enough talent then they're getting held back compared to a country that is. Furthermore, in other countries, they may not have the same philosophy of being so against selling to teams in their own league, that they price average players out of transfers.

:contelol:

Miracle On 34Th Street Lol GIF by filmeditor

Technically they don't though.
Because HG applies to the country they're in. If England isn't producing enough talent then they're getting held back compared to a country that is. Furthermore, in other countries, they may not have the same philosophy of being so against selling to teams in their own league, that they price average players out of transfers.

I think all you are saying is that its only in England where clubs don't develop enough HG players (hence we have issues with price/availability), whereas in rest of europe they develop more of their own players (as HG in their own countries) so don't run into the problems of price/availability.

Could Romero play LCB, I’m certain he could but wether he should or not is up for debate

Back
Top Bottom