England v Hungary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of us have been saying this wet blanket of a man is a fraud since Russia. It was obvious we lucked out on the fixtures and it was obvious we'd never beat anyone good and/or we'll coached.
There was and never is a plan. England have been boring as fuck for years. And it's actually been infuriating listening to what I can only describe as "basic football fans" singing his name and claiming he's bringing football home.

Firstly- it's coming home as a reference to a tournament being played in the country that claims to have invented it. Winning a world cup in Russia or The Desert doesn't constitute "football coming home"
Secondly, watch more football if you think this England side has played any decent football for 4 years.

This is some killjoy shit. You can think Southgate's crap all you like, but fans of the NT getting behind the side during tournaments and singing songs shouldn't be infuriating to you. People were just enjoying the moment of England reaching semi's/finals of major tournaments, many fans won't have experienced that in their lifetimes.

He's a limited, conservative manager but a decent bloke who has given England fans some good memories and changed the atmosphere around the team.

and now it's been revised to an even lower score!!

FVPZjK5WYAIICaE
How shit must Leno be?

Based on what? Supporting his footballers taking the knee as an anti racist gesture?

Load of shit. Being a normal human being is 'woke' now apparently.

For me he has every right to support taking the knee but he is going to a country with stadiums built by slaves and we hear nothing. Easy to virtue when there is no consequences, Southgate the FA and everyone around it are gutless if they continue to say fuck all while taking the knee.

^^^^This

So much glossing over terrible performances for a good while because we were gifted 2 wonderful routes in the last 2 tournaments.

But when you watched the games, they weren't world class performances in the slightest.

Since the Euros:

Apart from battering farmers; 7 / 7 crap performances.

1 win (saved by late pen)
4 draws
2 losses

5 scored
2 pens
3 open play
2 x Kane
1 x Stones.
0 x other attackers
0 x MFers

1 point out of 9 vs Hungary.

Fuck the "only 10 days" narrative.... It's been September > June.

It’s simple guys. You play shit negative football you HAVE TO WIN. It’s like Mourinho long as you win it’s ok, the second you don’t it’s fucked.

Southgate and England can always get around this by playing decent football, you lose and play nice fans will accept but they won’t accept playing shit and losing.

Still can't work out how Southgate got us so far in recent competitions.
Well...... We got to the semi final of the World Cup by beating Costa Rica, Panama (losing to Belgium in the group), Colombia and finally Sweden.

Losing the semi final to Croatia before being beaten by Belgium yet again in the 3rd place lay off.

So won 4 lost 3.

Sounds a lot better to just say "Southgate got us to the World Cup Semi Final!"

Euros was slightly better - beating Germany, Ukraine and Denmark in the knockout stages to reach the final......

Home advantage helped and the fact that Germany were in dissaray the whole tournament and just scraped out of their group.

For me he has every right to support taking the knee but he is going to a country with stadiums built by slaves and we hear nothing. Easy to virtue when there is no consequences, Southgate the FA and everyone around it are gutless if they continue to say fuck all while taking the knee.

Oh there's bucket loads of hypocrisy there for sure. If the FA was genuinely extremely principled they'd have boycotted two world cups by now.

But calling Southgate 'woke' is an insult is just dumb. All he did was support his team taking a knee, which is a gesture every team in England is taking part in. From what I can tell everything else he's said boils down to 'prejudice is bad' which unless you're a total twat, everyone agrees with.

Part of me feels that at least some of the problem is a ridiculous season on the back of the Euros. Our footballers play far too many high intensity games and are legitimately exhausted. Hungary’s players had way more energy and motivation.

Can you explain the shit performances in Sep/Oct for me then pls?

Oh there's bucket loads of hypocrisy there for sure. If the FA was genuinely extremely principled they'd have boycotted two world cups by now.

But calling Southgate 'woke' is an insult is just dumb. All he did was support his team taking a knee, which is a gesture every team in England is taking part in. From what I can tell everything else he's said boils down to 'prejudice is bad' which unless you're a total twat, everyone agrees with.

The issue is clear though, Southgate and England have made a clear point politics and morals are part of football and I am fine with that but soon as they get a real true test they bottle it. Imagine playing a World Cup in America in the 19th century with white slave owners and black people forced to work the cotton fields. That is what we are doing now just it’s the Middle East.

I won’t be watching the World Cup and have made that clear, we shouldn’t be going and we have no right to make gestures if we have nothing to back it up.

Sorry I don’t like the football and I don’t like the cowardice.

They're mostly young, so no I'd say it's not 'the end' for the likes of Rice, Saka, Foden, James, Trent, Bellingham etc.
Yeah, but that's a new generation. The current mainstays are full of disappointment and these new ones are full of overrated 'potential' like that last ones were which will inevitably lead to disappointment...rinse and repeat.
I assume it's the end of a French golden generation too though? What with them being bottom of their group and all.
Whataboutery from you Deuterz? Whodathunkit? That French generation has a big medal if you don't remember.

Yeah, but that's a new generation. The current mainstays are full of disappointment and these new ones are full of overrated 'potential' like that last ones were which will inevitably lead to disappointment...rinse and repeat.

Whataboutery from you Deuterz? Whodathunkit? That French generation has a big medal if you don't remember.

No they aren't. They got to a semi final and a final whilst many players weren't in their prime. That's not a disappointment. Unless you're basing them being a disappointment on some nations league games, in which case, how's the bottom of that barrel you're scraping?

And yeah we get it, you don't like English fans, or players, or English anything I'd assume. Apart from this English football club.

Ultimately, the job fell into his lap because the gravy-drinker-in-chief Allerdyce couldn't keep his nose clean.

After that, I'll give him credit for making the general England squad a more positive environment than it had appeared to be in recent years (helped in no small part by bringing in the youth players he knew/coached), but tactically he's every inch the bloke that got relegated with Middlesborough.

Listening to this beige fucker on TS just now.........

Clueless.

"I made attacking changes in order to come back from behind"?????

......Just lies really. Again.

3 like for like changes....

Saka <> Sterling
Mount <> Gallagher
Foden <> Bowen

"Players are tired...... I'm trying to balance this"

No diff. to any other country.

Back
Top Bottom