Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is innocent until proven guilty, sure. But when people are accused of something, there still has to be an investigation. I would have liked that investigation to be concluded before we bought him.

And as has been explained. You cannot, and should not put a persons life or career on hold over little more than an accusation. That would almost certainly lead to more false accusations as people can be absolutely spiteful.
I could take a disliking to you and have some one accuse you of something. At which point, based on your own logic, would mean you can't get a new job or payrise and theoretically could be sacked for misconduct pending an investigation.
An investigation that could easily take years, not days or weeks.

Not a fan of PEH.

However, He does deserve to show us what he can do with more quality around him.

I do understand some of the past criticism of him, but I think he was pretty great last year. That was especially so in the second half of the season, and I think that he was just overplayed in the one previous to that and he was a little underwhelming.

Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp

I trust all 4 of them. The first time in a long long time I trust every single one of our CM options.
Yup, if nothing else every single one will run their socks off and give us a solid defensive foundation. Not a single PL team outside top 4 where all 4 wouldn't start a lot of games.

Add in Eriksen and we get very very close to City in terms of depth and quality.

Bissouma, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp

I trust all 4 of them. The first time in a long long time I trust every single one of our CM options.
Who will be first choice under Conte? Lots of good combos but I reckon Bissouma + Bentancur. Harsh on Hojbjerg but I think ideally Conte wants a tall player in centre mid. Biss plays the Kante role, Benta the Matic role from his old Chelsea side.

Yup, if nothing else every single one will run their socks off and give us a solid defensive foundation. Not a single PL team outside top 4 where all 4 wouldn't start a lot of games.

Add in Eriksen and we get very very close to City in terms of depth and quality.

You sure about that? Gundogan, De Bruyne, B. Silva, Gundogan & Rodri would still be a very good distance ahead tbh, but that's expected .. midfield is their biggest strength, they're miles ahead of Liverpool there as well.

You sure about that? Gundogan, De Bruyne, B. Silva, Gundogan & Rodri would still be a very good distance ahead tbh, but that's expected .. midfield is their biggest strength, they're miles ahead of Liverpool there as well.
IMO Eriksen is very close to De Bruyne. Statisticall they're not far off even accounting for Eriksen's poor seasons at the end of his time at Spurs. KDB a bit more productive in attack and Eriksen put in a lot more defensive work. E.g. Eriksen has won more aerial duels in the PL than KDB despite the size difference.

Bissouma also the next best in the PL after Rodri IMO. Again Rodri stronger in attack but Bissouma better in defence.

With Gudogan and Silva it's a bit different cos both are more attacking, and technical, so hard to compare to PEH, Skipp and Bentancur. Attacking wise the City pair are far superior, but defensively I'd take our three.

Back
Top Bottom