Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand but it could end up being 65m vs 100m to properly cover attack. So it may be needed for budget reasons. A multi-role prem proven attacker is hard to come by.
or maybe para wants a tricky fast winger and potentially another target man to cover kane like that austrian lad

no idea

they are both quality players i like raphinha a little more as he can operate as a wide playmaker too

Tottenham have been urged to forget signing Richarlison because he would not be a "statement signing". Former Spurs striker Teddy Sheringham believes his old team should instead focus on alternative big-name targets.

Everton star Richarlison has been linked with a move to north London after helping the Toffees stay in the Premier League. Antonio Conte has already made two signings in Ivan Perisic and Fraser Forster, and is closing in on Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma.

But Sheringham does not think Richarlison would be a wise signing, claiming there are already enough players of his ilk at the club. He told Lord Ping: "I don't think he's what is needed now.

"Tottenham have got good attacking players; [Harry] Kane, [Heung-min] Son, [Dejan] Kulusevski, [Steven] Bergwijn is still there, [Lucas] Moura is still there. We’ve got players in the Richarlison mold and I don’t think he would be a statement signing that would get teams worried.

"If they were to sign him, what would the result be? In my day, when we signed [Jurgen] Klinsmann, a proper World Class player, everyone in the dressing room was buzzing.

"We knew what we were going to get from him. You need players that are going to take you to the next level and I don’t think Richarlison is one of them."

Tottenham are back in the Champions League after finishing fourth in the Premier League last term. And Sheringham would like to see a couple of major incomings give what he feels is a much-needed boost to the squad.

He added: "I'd like to see at least two more players go in there. Statement signings that show the world Tottenham are changing the stature of the club.
Noticed he never named any of these statement players

I want my picture of Bissouma in/holding/near a Spurs 22/23 shirt.

Temper Tantrum GIF

Noticed he never named any of these statement players
I just found this.
You're having a laugh Teddy!
“If you're going to make a statement, and West Ham fans won't like me for this, then go and get Declan Rice. He is an unbelievable player. And he's good for the next eight years. He's the man to take us to the next level.

“These big players don't come around very often, but signing him would make a statement because he is immense every time he plays. He would make a statement to say we're going places, and that's what you want.”

I just found this.
“If you're going to make a statement, and West Ham fans won't like me for this, then go and get Declan Rice. He is an unbelievable player. And he's good for the next eight years. He's the man to take us to the next level.

“These big players don't come around very often, but signing him would make a statement because he is immense every time he plays. He would make a statement to say we're going places, and that's what you want.”

"Us"

Happy Champions League GIF by Manchester United

Bremer is a CB so if we get him you assume we would need to still get a LCB in replacement for Bastoni.

Also Eriksen for free is still doing the rounds.
Bremer is whatever Conte wants him to be. No-one thought Davies could be a lcb in a back 3, Moses a rwb, Azpuicaleta a rcb, I think Cahill played lcb for Conte too. The man knows what he is doing

I just found this.

Rice would be amazing .. also about 130 million minimum, so not even worth considering. Some of these ex professionals don't half come out with some pointless shit. You may as well tell us to go and sign bloody Neymar.

Kane will NOT have another injury-free season if we don't get another forward. And besides, Richarlison and Raphinha look like very ambitious lads. What's the problem if they come here and try to take Son or Kane out of the Starting 11?
I am fine with Richarlison joining ( but not for a ransom) but Raphinha is much more effective (until he proves otherwise) wide on the right, so he would be in direct competition to Kulusevski.
Thus I rather go for, say, Brereton and wait for a season to see how Scarlett and Parrott develop before spending huge on a CF to eventually replace Kane. And if Kane extends his contract with Spurs he may play to he's 35+.

Back
Top Bottom