Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we sell him, who are we left with ?

Doherty and possibly Spence ?

Not good.

That’s the whole idea ? Shift Royal who cannot play RWB and is pretty woeful on the ball.

And keep Doherty who is not really sellable and looked improved and comfortable at RWB + Spence who’s meant to be one of the most promising young players in the world in that role.

Surely Doherty and Spence is better than Emerson and Spence
I'd keep all three of them if Spence is the only wing-back we're bringing in. If we sell Emerson I'd hope we bring in another. Don't think Perisic, Sess, Doherty, Spence, Davies is quite good enough wingback cover.

Sess injury prone, Perisic 33 but obviously very good, Davies is also lcb cover, Doherty coming from fairly serious injury at 30yo, Spence unproven. World cup, congested schedule, 5 subs, definitely need one more if we sell Emerson (who played well for the run-in).

I'd keep all three of them if Spence is the only wing-back we're bringing in. If we sell Emerson I'd hope we bring in another. Don't think Perisic, Sess, Doherty, Spence, Davies is quite good enough wingback cover.

Sess injury prone, Perisic 33 but obviously very good, Davies is also lcb cover, Doherty coming from fairly serious injury at 30yo, Spence unproven. World cup, congested schedule, 5 subs, definitely need one more if we sell Emerson (who played well for the run-in).

Perisic can play RWB as well so I think that's enough.

Perisic can play RWB as well so I think that's enough.

Perisic can pretty much play RWB, LWB, RW, LW and midfield if needed, he is a world class player and incredibly versatile like a much better James Milner.

Only thing is if he is covering everyone it may leave LWB a bit exposed.

Seems like a good guy and a decent player. Just not a great fit at the moment. We could make a profit on him so absolutely no hard feelings and good luck to his career.

If we sell him, who are we left with ?

Doherty and possibly Spence ?

Not good.

Doherty proved in his time at Wolves and in his run at RWB under Conte that he can play that position extremely well. He was one of our best players during the last third of the season until that goblin fucked his ankle.

Goals, assists, generally being dangerous in a way that Emerson could never be. If Spence replaces Emerson that is enough for the RWB position, especially as Tanganga can play there too.

Anyway I hope Emerson goes back to Spain for a nice fee and wish him well, he’s a nice guy and he tries. He just doesn’t have what’s required to play RWB at this level. You have to be a danger in the last third and he never will be. Being ruthless is something we need to learn. Doesn’t matter what the player cost, if they are not good enough they need to leave. Can’t be wasting years trying to develop players who do not actually have potential to improve.

Angry Coach GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Back
Top Bottom