Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This. Also if Harry or Son get injured, we get a ready made premier league quality attacker in Richarlison ready to take their spot. He scored 11 goals in a dog shit relegation battling Everton last season. He single handily kept them up.

I used to have him in my fantasy team the couple of years before last season as he was cheap, so in the past I’ve kept a close eye on him. The thing I noticed with him is that he can we wildly inconsistent. He’ll go on a run of a few games scoring but then tail off and do absolutely nothing for months. This might change with age of course but it’s a lot of money to be spending on him. He might improve of course. I could see him being at a bigger club as something that would motivate him. It would have to for him to be worth signing.

Oh.

fexNApk.jpg

I'll buzz Conte and let him know he can't, tho, ay, because TFC's tOp TaLeNt SpOtTeRs said no.

Oh.

fexNApk.jpg

I'll buzz Conte and let him know he can't, tho, ay, because TFC's tOp TaLeNt SpOtTeRs said no.

Not a single fucking poster has said he isn't a talented player, just that the pricetag is prohibitive and a big risk for someone his age.

We've made enquiries, that doesn't mean we're willing to pay the 80 million pounds, does it?

I used to have him in my fantasy team the couple of years before last season as he was cheap, so in the past I’ve kept a close eye on him. The thing I noticed with him is that he can we wildly inconsistent. He’ll go on a run of a few games scoring but then tail off and do absolutely nothing for months. This might change with age of course but it’s a lot of money to be spending on him. He might improve of course. I could see him being at a bigger club as something that would motivate him. It would have to for him to be worth signing.
I had him in my fpl team when he was at Watford, his ability and dribbling was fantastic but he'd miss chances.
His goalscoring record has been decent overall with Everton (although you'd have hoped for more than 10 goals last season given he played CF...).

One stat that could be quite useful- what is his goals vs xG conversion ratio? I saw a stat that in recent PL seasons, Kane & Son are by far the top with Jesus one of the worst. Wonder where Richarlison lies there.

If Conte wants him then we should put our money on the table. I don't care about what it costs anymore. It will cost the club and fans a shit load more if Conte walks because we baulked at a large fee.

We are either a big club or we aren't.

I love Conte and want him backed, but if he walks because the club won't pay 80 million for a 20 year old centre back, then him being here was never going to last long. There's lots of bigger clubs than us, many of them seem to rate Gvardiol, and none are paying that.

I imagine Conte likes him a lot, along with Torres, Bastoni etc.

Yeah signing a certified world class player who will more or less take you to trophies means you're going to change your recruitment strategy and waste it on a load of average players then eventually fighting relegation...

I mean what...o_O
I think it is more about the fact that in this scenrario we would put all emphasis on today, and would not have resources to prepare for tomorrow. While for example current club of Salah is just doing that...

But if you pay >1m EUR salary for trio that might still have contacts left when they are past their prime will tie your hands.

Not a single fucking poster has said he isn't a talented player, just that the pricetag is prohibitive and a big risk for someone his age.

We've made enquiries, that doesn't mean we're willing to pay the 80 million pounds, does it?

Fab: "Oi, RB... How much is Guardiola Jnr bloke?"

RB: "£80m...."

Fab: "Cheers"

#Enquiries.

We don't know, yet, tonto.

And if it was, wouldn't all be up front.

But, I doubt "Top of the list" is insignificant; and would suggest we aim to seriously pursue the guy, in the ball-park of the valuation.

If Conte wants him then we should put our money on the table. I don't care about what it costs anymore. It will cost the club and fans a shit load more if Conte walks because we baulked at a large fee.

We are either a big club or we aren't.

You wouldn’t care how much it costs would you? I don’t either, you can guess why can’t you?
BECAUSE ITS NOT OUR MONEY

IMO...

1st XICOMMENT2nd XICOMMENT
1LLORISGREATFORSTEROK
2ROMEROGREATSANCHEZUpgrade
3DIERGREATTANGANGAOK
4DAVIESGREATRODONUpgrade
5DOHERTYGREATROYALUpgrade
6SESSEGNONOKREGUILONUpgrade
7BENTANCURGREATWINKSUpgrade
8HOJBJERGGREATSKIPPGREAT
9KULUSEVSKIGREATLUCASUpgrade
10SONGREATBERGWIJNUpgrade
11KANEGREATScarlettGood
You haven’t updated for Bissouma and Peresic?
Pray tell what IS my opinion here?

I've asked you a question to back-up you own comments...... You dodged and dodged and eventually churned out a load of twaddle about Salah & Maupay.

.......And now you're sulking at me for being a bully even though your comments garnered ridicule from a large number of posters.

Cry more.
I am going to be the better person here and simply ignore you. But man there are some self righteous pricks on this forum

I had him in my fpl team when he was at Watford, his ability and dribbling was fantastic but he'd miss chances.
His goalscoring record has been decent overall with Everton (although you'd have hoped for more than 10 goals last season given he played CF...).

One stat that could be quite useful- what is his goals vs xG conversion ratio? I saw a stat that in recent PL seasons, Kane & Son are by far the top with Jesus one of the worst. Wonder where Richarlison lies there.
Son is -24.14
Kane is -21.15
Lacazette is -5.24
PEA is -2.76
Richarlison is -0.95 at Everton but +4.52 inc Watford
Nketian is +0.84
Werner is +9.60
Benteke is +10.49
Gabriel Jesus is +18.05

Edit: added Lacazette, PEA and Nketiah for shits and gigs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom