Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool paid £40-45m for Jota who hadn't even scored 10 goals in a season (16 goals and 6 assists in 67 games for Wolves). In a better team he scored 15 goals last season. £60m is probably too much for Richarlison but if the figure is anywhere between £45m-55m for a prem proven player who can play across the FW3 then for me it's a no brainer.

Richarlison averages 11-12 goals per season at Everton. If he shows similar improvement to Jota in a better team (50%) and adds 16-18 for us in the league, that is a massive difference to where we've been at with Bergy/Lucas. It's not about adding the best player in the world or someone who's "happy to sit on the bench", it's about adding those extra few goals that takes us to the next level.
The Office Nbc GIF

I know this is not the debate here...
But honest question - would you currently trade Salah with Kulu with all other aspects (basically salary / salary expectations) being the same as they are now?

I mean righ now Salah output and influence is bigger for sure. But at the same time, he has just few number of years to go and he will drop off at the same time as Son and Kane while Kulu could go on for us for 10 years...

If you wanna go for the league and CL yes

Sorry got to disagree. Gvardiol for me is a game changer. His signing puts us in the big league. Richarleson - not as good as Kane, Son or Kulu. Sterling behind Son. Raphinha - no better than Moura. Bastoni about as good as Davis. Hakimi the same. All good additions to rotate I'm sure. But Gvardiol really makes a statement. He is really an improvement.

Wanted to push disagree, but now I am 99% sure this is sarcasm.

20 yo rookie for world record fee to be a game changer for us.
While top 3 RWB in the world would be rotation option. Like thoroughly EPL proven attacker Sterling.

Well sarcas..ted :D

IMO...

1st XICOMMENT2nd XICOMMENT3rd XICOMMENT
1LLORISGREATFORSTEROKWHITEMAN?
2ROMEROGREATSANCHEZUpgradeLavinier?
3DIERGREATTANGANGAOKPaskotski?
4DAVIESGREATRODONUpgradeREGUILONUpgrade
5DOHERTYGREATROYALUpgradeDevine?
6PERISICGREAT?SESSEGNONOKWhite?
7BENTANCURGREATSKIPPGREATWINKSUpgrade
8BISSOUMAGREAT?HOJBJERGGREATSARR?
9KULUSEVSKIGREATLUCASUpgradeCLARKEUpgrade
10SONGREATBERGWIJNUpgradeGIL?
11KANEGREATScarlett?Parrott?
GLCSELLAUSTIN?
NDOMBELESELLEtete?

Thanks Seven Sisters Seven Sisters

Last edited:
Okay, fair.

But what will we do in 3 years time?
Berg off, Moura also close to 30.
Harry, Son and Salah as well...

Live in the moment mate, not what might happen in 3 years, Kane could retire and go and play American Football in 2 years time, who knows.

But when you have a chance to build your team like the way your scenario presented then you have to take it.

Anyway hypotheticals and all that...

Sorry got to disagree. Gvardiol for me is a game changer. His signing puts us in the big league. Richarleson - not as good as Kane, Son or Kulu. Sterling behind Son. Raphinha - no better than Moura. Bastoni about as good as Davis. Hakimi the same. All good additions to rotate I'm sure. But Gvardiol really makes a statement. He is really an improvement.

The last supposed game changer we signed who it was claimed would put us firmly in the big league and was the statement of all statement signings was a certain :tanguythumb:

Beware the hype :tanguyhuh:

Live in the moment mate, not what might happen in 3 years, Kane could retire and go and play American Football in 2 years time, who knows.

But when you have a chance to build your team like the way your scenario presented then you have to take it.

Anyway hypotheticals and all that...
We won’t get salad so it’s pointless. But you cannot go all in and not worry about the future or you will end up like Everton

But you cannot go all in and not worry about the future or you will end up like Everton

Yeah signing a certified world class player who will more or less take you to trophies means you're going to change your recruitment strategy and waste it on a load of average players then eventually fighting relegation...

I mean what...o_O

Mate, Levy has been fucking developing this club for twenty odd years!

When do we shit or get off the pot?

I fucking hate fans of this club who still see us as a club/team under development when all that was needed was a manager like Conte to come in and tell Levy to put on his big boy pants and start being a football chairman and not a chairman of a fucking bank.

Rant over....

:angryscouser:
I would argue that it was the new stadium finally in full swing and generating revenue that allowed Levy to get an elite manager that he would be happy and able to back. Knowing Conte's demands, he would have never been approached 3-4 years ago (assuming we didn't have Poch).

If you had observed your breath you would have noticed that's how the breath functions biologically in certain situations. In any "tense" situation (be it Spurs about to score or concede a goal, or a scary situation) a person will automatically hold his/her breath in....and then "breathe a sigh for relief" by breathing in....
Ummm...ur having me on now ain't ya?

You breathe in when you sigh?!

If you had observed your breath you would have noticed that's how the breath functions biologically in certain situations. In any "tense" situation (be it Spurs about to score or concede a goal, or a scary situation) a person will automatically hold his/her breath in....and then "breathe a sigh for relief" by breathing in....
So you take a deep breath and hold it and then when you breath a sigh of relief... you breath in again?
Confused Help Me GIF by StickerGiant

If people want us to pay 80m for a 20 yr old defender with 1 good season in the top flight we might as well just pay 100m for De Ligt who is only 2 years older and has multiple seasons in the top flight at a high level. I would be way more excited for that signing

I do agree that Gvardiol could be a game-changer. But he's yet to prove himself as an outstanding CB even in the Bundesliga. Yes, he had a good last season but he's not ranked as their best CB - yet. And remember, he's not that good in the air and his positional sense is lacking. For £60m+add-ons I'd be ready to sign him. Hakimi is one of - if not the - best RB/RWB around, and could certainly be a game-changer down the right flank for Spurs. Maybe even more of a game-changer than Gvardiol. And certainly a huge upgrade on Spurs' present RWB or any of the RWB Spurs have been linked with. Hakimi is time-tested - in La Liga and Seri A. But he's said he want to remain at PSG and have absolutely no need of selling him right now.

Best Bundesliga centre-backs of 2022 so far

Here are the best Bundesliga centre-backs of 2022 so far, according to Kicker.

Every six months, Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into a number of categories.
Today, the German football magazine has released the first part of their summer rankings based on the performances in the second half of the 2021/22 season. Below, you'll find the centre-back rankings.

World Class:
1. Nico Schlotterbeck, Freiburg
2. Willi Orban, RB Leipzig

International Class:
3. Josko Gvardiol, RB Leipzig
4. Jonathan Tah, Leverkusen
5. Timo Hübers, FC Köln
6. Niklas Süle, Bayern
7. Mohamed Simakan, RB Leipzig
8. Philipp Lienhart, Freiburg
9. Edmond Tapsoba, Leverkusen
10. Evan Ndicka, Frankfurt
11. Timo Baumgartl, Union Berlin
12. Lukas Klostermann, RB Leipzig
13. Tuta, Frankfurt
14. Piero Hincapie, Leverkusen
15. Martin Hinteregger, Frankfurt
Wait, 4 of the top 12 play for RB?? What formation do they play? 6-2-2?

Back
Top Bottom