Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks

I'd suggest the attraction of Lenglet is that if we cannot get one of our top candidates we take Lenglet on loan with option to buy and see how he does, if one of our top candidates is available next window we go for top candidate. Meanwhile if Lenglet gets back to form that made Barcelona buy him from Seville ..... we win !
I still think it would be underwhelming. I thought we were hoping for that overdue Vertonghen replacement. Yes Lenglet may come good but that could be said of anyone. Just seems a bit of a punt but there are circumstances (big money going elsewhere, Bremer coming as well) where i could see the logic of the move.

Can you explain why profit is important for FFP?

Isn’t this just about cumulative profit over the course of a season to include the total value of deals agreed this season?

The only thing that matters is how much a player is sold for because the entirety of that value is what counts for FFP. Staggered payments have no bearing.

This is my understanding but happy to be corrected.

FFP has a number of strands but one of them is cumulative losses.

So if a profit (sale proceeds less book value) on sale of a player can be made that can offset part of losses made by club, and that might take the club into the 'allowable losses' category (which I think is 30m) where they face no consequences.

That's normal isn't it? There will have to at least be a significant downpayment, first installment or whatever you want to call it, on whoever we sign so that 100 mill won't go far on 3 or 4 signings.

It's normal to be paying up up front fee and the rest over the term of the contract.
Some people are suggesting it could be for Richarlison, Spence and one other.
I'd be surprised if the up front fee for Richarlison is even 50% of the overall fee, if not much less. Spence is gonna be next to nothing comparatively.

I'd be totally un-shocked if the £100m was to build a hotel tbh.
Imagine the meltdown.

Lenglet is left-footed, yes, so he naturally plays (which isn't very often lately) on the left side of Barca's back-4 but that does not necessarily make him into a left-sided CB in a back-3. He can also play as a CCB.
If Conte is happy to go from Gvardiol - Bastoni - Pau Torres - Ndicka and end up with Lenglet, then fine with me...

That’s the shittest clause. It can’t be that.
Must be 10%of the total fee

The report states: "The Hornets would be entitled to 10 per cent of anything above the £40m they received from the Toffees in July 2018."

I think the 40m comes in as the purchase rice of the player was around 36m, so adding on 10% gets to 40m .

Rewording that clause in to English ''if the player is sold for more than the purchase price plus 10% then the seller will be due 10% of the entire sales price at which that player is sold on for''

I still think it would be underwhelming. I thought we were hoping for that overdue Vertonghen replacement. Yes Lenglet may come good but that could be said of anyone. Just seems a bit of a punt but there are circumstances (big money going elsewhere, Bremer coming as well) where i could see the logic of the move.

Would have been Bastoni but I guess he wants to stay with Inter.

I won't be unhappy with Lenglet by the way or any other player we are linked with, we're not always gonna sign the finished article so you'll just have to trust that Conte will find a way to make them improve which is why I wasn't so keen on the Gvardiol deal at 80m, seems a bit ridiculous with so little experience when there's other players on the market which we can bring in and Conte could work on.

sounds like he doesnt want to go there to me

really hoping barca nab him quick
christoph waltz television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Looking at the Lenglet rumours I'd be happy with him. Ben Davies had a superb second half of the season for us and played well for Wales too which would mean Lenglet could come in and add some competition. He's a good player that but unfortunately it's never really worked at Barca. I'd rather we go for him than like mentioned above spunk £80m approx on a 20 year old with no experience. History always tells us too that record signings never ever do well for us. Loan to buy for Lenglet seems okay to me.

I wouldn't mind Gordon tbh. If the huge warchest for Gvardiol etc. isn't gonna find any use, might as well get him.

He could play the Moura role of bringing energy and pressing late in the game. He's not too bad on the ball either.

I wouldn't mind Gordon tbh. If the huge warchest for Gvardiol etc. isn't gonna find any use, might as well get him.

He could play the Moura role of bringing energy and pressing late in the game. He's not too bad on the ball either.
He’s always been a standout player in our games with Everton

I’m not so sure. A clause that was a 10% of the total fee but only activated at 40m would have some obvious flaws.

Everton could sell at 39m and pocket 39m.
Everton could sell at 41m and pocket 37m.

That’s just silly and I have a hard time believing educated people would write up a clause like that.

Back
Top Bottom