Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Gordon to Spurs rumor to shot down fast - even before it managed to take off :D
I was hoping that Boro, after seeing that Spurs are in hot pursuit of another RWB, would panic and make a call: "Hell, dear Mr. Levy, please forgive us for being such jerks, and hard to deal with, during our negotiations. We beg you not to buy that fella, Gordon. We'll sell you Spence on your terms and conditions, right now."

Does buying them from Germany count?

I should change that to French Player lol Ndicka is defo francais
france kiss GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I think you are getting it wrong. If he is looking at LCB and has 3 options, he goes into negotiations with each club. Each player has a value that Paratici will accept. I’m sure it is a little more complicated but that’s the general idea.

It is like having an A, B and C option but discussing all 3 at once instead of waiting forever to see if option A works out like United seem to be doing with De Jong.
It's like buying a house. No estate agent has ever got the hump with punters looking at loads of properties.

What gets me is they barely recoup anything these days. Cant remember their last big sale and most of them seem to leave on frees. For all their fans whining they get serious investment. They just dont seem to prioritise at all.

Imagine if Levy lost all 3 of his biggest ever signings for nothing.
e-mail GIF by Scott Gelber

So the Gordon link was a whole load of bullshit from two SSN reporters. Wankers, surely they've got better things to do with their time than just make up nonsense.

Literally all the media do

Just imagine their fans

We take Richarlison and Gordon off them

And they have Dele and Winks from us.

They'll be riots 😂

Nah, to make it better I would throw in Moura as well....

And then it would be like +25mil max on top of those 3.

Then we just have to wait until next summer to ship Ndombele there as well 😂

So the Gordon link was a whole load of bullshit from two SSN reporters. Wankers, surely they've got better things to do with their time than just make up nonsense.

I dont think its BS per se, but I 100% think its been taken very much out of context and the Twatterati BS merchants have proliferated it to every nook and cranny of the twattersphere ....

We are in conversation with Everton discussing the obvious ' Richarlison ' during cordialities and tea break we say with a smirk

Spurs : " That Gordon fellas a bit of alreet .................(long pause) how much ? "
Toffee : " 150M upfront "
Spurs : " ........ So Richarlison , money plus winky dink? "

Probably as far as it got, cheeky 10 sec enquiry while discussing Chicken Boyo

giphy.gif

Hotspur88

Funny thing is, I work in education but don't have the time to spend 4 hours looking over every single post.

Not that I need to justify, but my posts on the whole are pretty spot on.

Anyway, to keep it on track, we do have an interest in Gordon and have explored the option of bringing him in. I know nothing more than that on the situation.

—————————————

Wow, ITKunt!!! And they are all licking his ass on there too 😂😂😂😂
Another idiot …. And this one works in education. There really is no hope

I still think it would be underwhelming. I thought we were hoping for that overdue Vertonghen replacement. Yes Lenglet may come good but that could be said of anyone. Just seems a bit of a punt but there are circumstances (big money going elsewhere, Bremer coming as well) where i could see the logic of the move.
Looking at the Lenglet rumours I'd be happy with him. Ben Davies had a superb second half of the season for us and played well for Wales too which would mean Lenglet could come in and add some competition. He's a good player that but unfortunately it's never really worked at Barca. I'd rather we go for him than like mentioned above spunk £80m approx on a 20 year old with no experience. History always tells us too that record signings never ever do well for us. Loan to buy for Lenglet seems okay to me.

One way to look at the Lenglet vs Gvardiol - yea, Lenglet has had hard time after the move to Barca.

But first time Gvardiol really rose to top level... He has had just 1 season. There has not even been time for him to have hard times. Cause he is fresh into spotlight.

Once Lenglet was also extremely highly thought of. So much that he moved for 36 mil and rose to (very wrong and competitive) French national side. Yet his performances dropped. But some here are 100% sure that 20yo players performances never change and would be happy to pay already close to WR fee for him.

I think you are getting it wrong. If he is looking at LCB and has 3 options, he goes into negotiations with each club. Each player has a value that Paratici will accept. I’m sure it is a little more complicated but that’s the general idea.

It is like having an A, B and C option but discussing all 3 at once instead of waiting forever to see if option A works out like United seem to be doing with De Jong.
its also a good way of not getting bent over for 1 player if the clubs know you have other options. it stops the ball being completely in their court.

Back
Top Bottom