Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats makes me feel better .... hopefully we can add Bremer seems most gettable and probably most cost effective too from Bastoni and Gvardiol

Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

I'm not sure, but we already have Davies and Lenglet now who are left footed; and are planning on selling Rodon & ?Sanchez.
So I suspect by the end of the window we'd have bought a right footed CB. Let's see.

According to what are we selling Dav & Rodon?

Dav is a right footer btw.

Not our first choice, but I think he will be fine in a back 3 with partners like Romero and Dier.

Clever signing. No reason Conte can't get him going after a tough spell, as he did with the Juve boys. Gives us much needed cover for Dier and Davies, experience at the top level. Better to spend on other areas if we can't get our top targets in that position.

According to what are we selling Dav & Rodon?

Dav is a right footer btw.
Rodon is definitely one that we will either sell or loan according to multiple reliable reports. Sanchez is more uncertain, we'll sell him if a good offer comes in.

I know Dav is a right footer.
I just suspect that we will make one more CB purchase who will cost £30m+. Let's wait and see if I'm proven right, I just really doubt Conte who wanted additions to our defence is going to be pacified because of a loan deal with Barca bench player.

During Pochettino's time, I remember Spurs also had problems breaking through defensive teams even with Eriksen on the team. Even Barca and Man City at their best have problems breaking through tight defenses, so there are no guarantees.
I am not against having a quality creative CM but that player should be as good or almost as good as Spurs' front 3 (front 4 if Richarlison joins) to be worth "sacrificing" 1 of them for that creative CM. And such a midfielder is costly, and won't be happy sitting on Spurs' bench as an "emergency option".
Agreed. Personally I'd prefer having three attackers and a CAM.

luc1986

Well-Known Member​

Aug 1, 20082,09535,496
MOVEMENT!!!! 🤣

He will come in as competition for Dier etc.

We will be signing another CB. Who that will be I don't yet know, but Bremer was looking good although I've heard nothing since my last update.

Spence to arrive shortly and will be three more through the door for the start of pre season.

So refreshing to get so much business done early.

People still doubting what we all said in Jan?! 👀🤣😗

what a twat

Fairly obvious. Rodon out for X million. Langlet in to sit on Rodons spot on the bench.
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if we buy either Guehi/ Bremer who both have better chance of challenging for first XI.
But it is annoying that we have an error prone CB as a back up. We already had that with Sanchez who is now slightly improved. It's better for a back up to be someone you can rely on rather than someone known for great passing from the back.

Yep, it's a loan so only upside IMO. We had a very thin squad last season so Conte obviously wants to beef up the depth.

The other plus point is Conte made Davies and Dier better which is deserves the highest accolades in itself, you could call it ' witchcraft' !!!! .... bare in mind Lenglet was scouted by Monchi from te second tier of french football bringing him to La Liga and his constant top performances for 2 seasons earnt him a move to Brassicalona ....

Conte must believe he can use the same witchcraft he used on the Doubles D's

Btw we are way over the HG limit now for CL, and probably close to the edge in PL too.

Unless we can start sending players out we may be left in a position where we're paying wages for players ineligible for PL and CL due to squad requirements.
That's what annoys me about this Lenglet deal, in itself it seems no risk, but we now have even less margin.

Yes because none of that will have been taken into account by the professionals…

🙄

Back
Top Bottom