Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Text it where?

How can i copy and paste a picture using = cntrl/C then cntrl/V

I meant if you want to copy and paste text.

I am not stupid but i just don't get how i am supposed to do this?

You can't copy and paste images.... They needed be hosted and linked.

Like this:

jnonvR.png

Wow. I genuinely thought you and todd1882 todd1882 would hate this signing.

He wouldn't have been at the top of my list, and if we were talking about paying silly money, I might not be sucking anyone off about it. I know he has some issues on the defensive side of his game, he's not great in the air (no worse than Romero IMO) and can get himself tied in knots sometimes, but the way we play under Conte, doesn't stretch CB's quite as much, which is why the likes of Davies and Dier have looked less exposed. Lenglet is massively superior as a footballing CB than Davies - and defensively is better everywhere but maybe in the air - but Davies isn't great there either.

I think in Conte's system he will give us another dimension - an ability to play out on the left side - that we do not have at all right now.

I think Gvardiol would have been better, and younger, but the price quoted for him is crazy. I honestly don't think Bastoni is any better as a package than Lenglet - just younger and also stupid expensive. There were better pure defenders on the LCB list, better athletes, but they weren't better footballer's, and I think that will be important in terms of the way we will play. And in Conte's more conservative 3CB system I think Lenglet won't get his pants pulled down anywhere near as often as he did in Barca's jamboree.

Last edited:
I meant if you want to copy and paste text.

You can't copy and paste images.... They needed be hosted and linked.

Like this:

jnonvR.png

Yes i fully understand that and use that often.

Wht i can't seem to do is upload a picture from my desktop or a file, or a snapshot?

Sorry to be a pain and thank you for your response, so is there no way to do this?

I'd wanna see another year out of him before spending mega.

Thought Max Kilman at Wolves looked good last year too (also HG)...... Had no idea he was 25 already tho... Not exactly a young bud.

Kilman started out playing futball (less popular in uk than some other countries) - converted to 11 a side football later in his career, hence his age

Yes i fully understand that and use that often.

Wht i can't seem to do is upload a picture from my desktop or a file, or a snapshot?

Sorry to be a pain and thank you for your response, so is there no way to do this?

This forum software stops a lot' of stuff deliberately but when you post at top it show 'Gif' and yo right another symbol which if you click on it shows you other options on posting (esp 'media' ). Best of luck, I'm also still learning !

Slightly concerned our squad will be too big.

Six CBs, three LWB, three RWB? Outrageous. And that’s assuming Tanguy and Gio and Winks leave.

This forum software stops a lot' of stuff deliberately but when you post at top it show 'Gif' and yo right another symbol which if you click on it shows you other options on posting (esp 'media' ). Best of luck, I'm also still learning !

As said above, you have to host and links any images first.....

Slightly concerned our squad will be too big.

Six CBs, three LWB, three RWB? Outrageous. And that’s assuming Tanguy and Gio and Winks leave.
We're getting rid of Reguilon and Emerson for sure. Rodon is as good as gone at CB (hopefully a loan), and Winks, Bergwijn, Lo Celso have their suitcases ready. Only issue is getting rid of Ndombele. If anything, our squad is still too small even with the additions of Spence, Lenglet and Richarlison.

We're getting rid of Reguilon and Emerson for sure. Rodon is as good as gone at CB (hopefully a loan), and Winks, Bergwijn, Lo Celso have their suitcases ready. Only issue is getting rid of Ndombele. If anything, our squad is still too small even with the additions of Spence, Lenglet and Richarlison.
I’d be shocked if we get rid of Emerson and Reggy. Emerson’s agent has been commenting how happy Conte is with him. As awful as he is I really don’t see him moving, he has a good attitude and work ethic.

Reggy might move but it’s not set in stone. We can’t force him to move, he was first choice three months ago and may wish to fight for his spot.

There is talk of Lenglet plus one more CB. That’s six even assuming Japh loan and Rodon leaves.

I’d be shocked if we get rid of Emerson and Reggy. Emerson’s agent has been commenting how happy Conte is with him. As awful as he is I really don’t see him moving, he has a good attitude and work ethic.

Reggy might move but it’s not set in stone. We can’t force him to move, he was first choice three months ago and may wish to fight for his spot.

There is talk of Lenglet plus one more CB. That’s six even assuming Japh loan and Rodon leaves.
Emerson is not awful. He's an awful RWB, but a good, if not great traditional RB. The man starts for Brazil for fucks sake. We're going to let them both go. Conte is pretty set on his squad, and we're backing him with what we can.

Emerson is not awful. He's an awful RWB, but a good, if not great traditional RB. The man starts for Brazil for fucks sake. We're going to let them both go. Conte is pretty set on his squad, and we're backing him with what we can.
I’d be happy if Emerson leaves. I really think he is poor. But I’d love to hear one example of when we’ve sold a player one year after buying him. I can’t think of even one.

Royal isn't as bad as people seem to make out. He's an excellent defender and seems to have the attitude and workrate to improve.

Sure, he's not the greatest in the final 3rd - but that's what coaches are for.

Back
Top Bottom