Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Height, speed and power are almost useless at City. If your first touch isn’t impeccable, you will look a mess

He looks devastating but City don’t play counter attacking football. I’m sure he will do well and get 20 PL goals but there’s a chance it might not work out. You have to play the patterns and retain the ball or your exposed and out the door. under Baldie. He can look a bit rigid and the ball bounces around in close spaces
the way his body is built and the way he looks, his first touch shouldn't be that good. i have seen some nice poacher moments from him though when the box is flooded and he's anticipating and ruthless, thats the main concern because city have the ability to flood the box and with a deadly poacher in there it could be a huge concern, but in terms of him adding to dominating possession etc i cant see that happening.

they should definitely lose some possession by having him though, be interesting to see at the end of the year the average possession stats from the year just gone to the year coming with him in the team.

I think Haaland will ultimately be a success because he is supremely talented, a hard worker, and Pep wanted him for a reason. That said, players first seasons under Pep are often underwhelming and I wouldn’t be surprised if Haaland takes some time to settle especially if he picks up an injury or two. This is our chance with some turnover in their squad.

the way his body is built and the way he looks, his first touch shouldn't be that good. i have seen some nice poacher moments from him though when the box is flooded and he's anticipating and ruthless, thats the main concern because city have the ability to flood the box and with a deadly poacher in there it could be a huge concern, but in terms of him adding to dominating possession etc i cant see that happening.

they should definitely lose some possession by having him though, be interesting to see at the end of the year the average possession stats from the year just gone to the year coming with him in the team.
He’s such a powerhouse they can mix it up and hang balls at the back post

This seems like an odd story. He travelled with the squad while others clearly out of favor were left behind, don’t appear to be close to signing a replacement, but we are going to tell him that he is basically unwanted?

He was an important player right before he was injured and Conte was favoring him over Royal. I don’t think we’d be overly bothered if a nice offer came in, but not sure about us actively wanting to move him on.

This seems like an odd story. He travelled with the squad while others clearly out of favor were left behind, don’t appear to be close to signing a replacement, but we are going to tell him that he is basically unwanted?

He was an important player right before he was injured and Conte was favoring him over Royal. I don’t think we’d be overly bothered if a nice offer came in, but not sure about us actively wanting to move him on.
Perhaps it because he’s a focused, positive player with good energy vs the other unprofessional wastrels

we would be mad to let him go and keep emerson this year. would contradict the signing of perisic

Maybe a nice offer is what we did get? So up to him? Happy to keep but wont reject a club overpaying? I can’t remember what we paid for him ourselves?

He's a living legend. We are so lucky to have him.

The way he has adapted to the Premier League, country and culture has truly been amazing. It will be seven years come next month.

I can't think of a single player that we have signed from Europe or any other Continent (or even from these shores) that has done so well for us, and has remained loyal, not looked to make a money move, or been critical of the club. Possibly Lloris?

It says a lot for his humble upbringing, character and devotion to the club. If ever we could bottle his dedication and enthusiasm we'd have won a title or two by now.

Should eventually follow King into the club in some capacity.

Sancho might have looked decent for BVB in the Bundesliga, but he looked worse than average in every single England game. Often against way more inferior teams.
I personally don't watch the Bundesliga at all so couldn't say he ever looked good.
Haaland on the other hand has rarely ever had a bad game for club or country. He's steppe up and broken records at every level he's played at.
He has all the physical attributes a footballer could want, height, power, speed. On top of that every bone in his body is screaming that he's determined to be the best.
People say the likes of Kane and Beckham were first in and last out at training and totally single minded in improving themselves.
They and the likes of Ronaldo and Messi etc live clean lives, avoiding bad habits. Haaland, right now at least, is in that bracket of elite athlete with an elite attitude.
On top of all that, he seems to have his head screwed on. He got buy out clauses in his contracts so he can decide when and where he goes, and for fees that let him earn as much from his success as his ex club.

He's a special talent and he will succeed as long as he doesn't get broken.
You kind of missed the point which was simply there are NO guarantees. He's already had ankle issues. We can not say he will achieve any of the predictions which was the point. I have zero reason to believe he will not do well but I'd be stupid to say it's nailed on.

The way he has adapted to the Premier League, country and culture has truly been amazing. It will be seven years come next month.

I can't think of a single player that we have signed from Europe or any other Continent (or even from these shores) that has done so well for us, and has remained loyal, not looked to make a money move, or been critical of the club. Possibly Lloris?

It says a lot for his humble upbringing, character and devotion to the club. If ever we could bottle his dedication and enthusiasm we'd have won a title or two by now.

Should eventually follow King into the club in some capacity.

Def. Lloris
Def. Vert

Damn shame we didn't get Dembele direct from AZ as I wouldn't hesitate to put him on that list too.

Last edited:
Height, speed and power are almost useless at City. If your first touch isn’t impeccable, you will look a mess

He looks devastating but City don’t play counter attacking football. I’m sure he will do well and get 20 PL goals but there’s a chance it might not work out. You have to play the patterns and retain the ball or your exposed and out the door. under Baldie. He can look a bit rigid and the ball bounces around in close spaces
Zomb..its not like we haven't seen a player with all the attributes matt mentions and BETTER technique not work for Pep. I give you ZLATAN.

Another positive new member that supports our players.

:contefacepalm2:

Listen boyo, Emerson is a model professional. He trains hard, plays hard, and does everything to improve himself technically, physically, and mentally. And he never complains. Slag him off, if you want, but be prepared for a shitload of abuse when you do.

Claro?
Love this .

Back
Top Bottom