Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luton is just saying there's a gap between mid and Soldado everyone knows that ls right

Luton is just being a dick about it. The only thing anyone on here agrees with him, in this issue, is that of the CAM. As Zin said, we had a record breaking transfer fee accepted to fill this vlid only a few days ago. The club clearly recognizes this issue and tried to do something about it. That deal fell apart yet hr is still banging on about how everyone else was crap because we couldn't play the ball often enough straight onto soldado.

Why don't those among us who are prone to bitching wait until the window is over to complain about who is in the squad / who has left the squad.

There is no like for like replacement for Mr. Short Shorts. Paulinho, Chadli, Holtby, Siggy, Capoue, Dembele, Vertonghen, and whoever else we bring in will have to fill a 20-goal hole. Definitely doable. Let's at least wait until we lose a game before meltdown.
But playing three defensive midfielders is just insanity..

Luton isn't wrong about us needing the right player to unlock defences but he presents that point like such a plonker that its hard to engage with him. Yes we need that player but otherwise our team looks excellent, we've had a great start to the season and there is a good chance that we'll get the kind of player that we need in the next 8 days. He acts like we've lost our last three games and aren't linked with any new players; what a tool.

giphy_zps56c94356.gif

All I can see in that Gif is Lacey Chabert's heaving bosom. Thank you.

But playing three defensive midfielders is just insanity..

I think playing Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue was purely tactical. Look at how Swansea play all of their games with an attacking possesion game. Watch the game again and you will realize that literally they got nothing going on in terms of possession in the middle. Our three midfielders played like they should defensively and completely bit up their small possession oriented midfkders.

Actually, its a good discussion. If people stop pissing their knickers every time a debate heats up, it will be alot better for everyone....this isnt a knitting club.

Oooooh swearing at football!!!

:vdvdive:
No, it could be a good discussion, but it isn't. And it's not because of swearing, as I'm sure you are aware, I enjoy the odd curse here and there myself.

What has happened is a bloke drinks too many shandies, comes on here and kicks off like he's billy big bollocks. This in turn leads to an avalanche of GiFs, bold text and fucking CAPS. all this continues until everyone gives up and it turns into a massive cunt off.

I'd be delighted for anyone to discuss the tactical deficiencies of our team. I'd be chuffed to hear how well we played. That's what the majority of us come here for, football chat and banter.

Just doesn't seem to take a few long to start acting like a complete fucking cunt though.

No, it could be a good discussion, but it isn't. And it's not because of swearing, as I'm sure you are aware, I enjoy the odd curse here and there myself.

What has happened is a bloke drinks too many shandies, comes on here and kicks off like he's billy big bollocks. This in turn leads to an avalanche of GiFs, bold text and fucking CAPS. all this continues until everyone gives up and it turns into a massive cunt off.

I'd be delighted for anyone to discuss the tactical deficiencies of our team. I'd be chuffed to hear how well we played. That's what the majority of us come here for, football chat and banter.

Just doesn't seem to take a few long to start acting like a complete fucking cunt though.

There is one person taking the thread and discussion off topic. Ironically, its you.

I think Walker plays better with Lennon. Didnt pair well with Townsend nearly as well as Naughton did on thursday. Is that a fair point or am I going to get bottled for that one too?

I agree with that. I thought walker and Townsend both had very good but often individual games. They didn't link up often enough yet both did their jobs.

I think playing Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue was purely tactical. Look at how Swansea play all of their games with an attacking possesion game. Watch the game again and you will realize that literally they got nothing going on in terms of possession in the middle. Our three midfielders played like they should defensively and completely bit up their small possession oriented midfkders.

Yep, can see Sandro, Carroll and Holtby getting their fair share of game time as well in this formation, was a bit surprised to see Siggy slot in for Dembele.

Imagine this place tonight had it finished 0-0....

I'm not saying let's all be happy clappy with 2 relatively narrow wins, but it was a SOLID, comfortable 1-0, (if there can be such a thing?) with very little of the the 'nerve-wracking inevitability of a last minute equaliser' like last season...
That in itself is progress!!!

Plus, you wait ALL season for a Penalty, then two come along at once!!!!

This is how you support your club, not rip into them at every opportunity! Thank you!

I think Holtby will have a say in the creativity department once he gets back up to speed and can get a run of games under his belt.

While I appreciate your kind words, I'll admit I haven't been the best about it lately. I'm relieved to see the club is quite clearly actively pursuing my wishes, but I haven't been patient in letting them get the ones they want. If I were in charge, I'd have had Eriksen in the squad after the Asia Cup, especially in lieu of Holtby's injury. This upcoming NLD could really set the tone for a good deal of our season, and I feel we really needed a CAM settled in by that one. At this point, it looks like we will in fact be playing three defensive/box to box midfielders as Luton has said. Three defensive midfielders with little cover behind them. We've gotten so used to having such a large stable of center mids in the squad at any given game we don't really think about it, but that stable is gone. All we have now is those top quality players, and at the moment they're all being played.

Personally, if we flew Eriksen in as late as Thursday, I'd play him next Sunday. I wish I was in charge so bad and not looking at this pile of anatomy notes.

Imagine this place tonight had it finished 0-0....

Most people are balanced, and I think they would be if we had drawn. No one is claiming that the situation is ideal. I think the fickle parties are the ones who want the perfect build up, yet admit we dont have the players for the perfect build up..

Back
Top Bottom