Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andre Marriner is the ref
Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

Spoke with my Southampton friend.

He thinks they're on for a relegation battle and I quote ''Can't see where the goals are coming from''.

They've had a pretty shitty pre-season so we should be able to handle them irrespective of injuries.

Let's get the show on the road.

He thinks they're on for a relegation battle and I quote ''Can't see where the goals are coming from''.

They've had a pretty shitty pre-season so we should be able to handle them irrespective of injuries.

They'll be fired up at the very least....... Ralf will squeeze that much out of them.

PEH and Bentancur are more than good enough to beat Southampton, even if Bissouma and Skipp are injured for this one. Hopefully we're safe at the 70th minute, so Sarr can come in for some minutes too.

PEH and Bentancur are more than good enough to beat Southampton, even if Bissouma and Skipp are injured for this one. Hopefully we're safe at the 70th minute, so Sarr can come in for some minutes too.

He's likely going nowhere whilst those 2 are still out.... Could be a silver lining. Some good cameos with us and a decent world cup and he would likely get a much better loan in Jan.

Conte would have almost certainly started with PEH and Bentancur anyway - shame Bissouma is out as the more minutes he gets the better, hes the box to box player weve needed for ages

I had a feeling he might be, he looked in a bit of discomfort going off at half time on Saturday.

Not the end of the world though, we’ll carry on with Bentancur and Hojbjerg
In our last game Southampton absolutely battered us, and in large part due to a mdifield incapable of holding onto the ball.

We're now about to start the season with that same midfield. Then soon after face Chelsea... and even if Bissouma returns he won't be in top condition.

Going into the first two games of the season with Perisic as the only meaningful addition to the startng 11. Unless Spece gets off to a flying start.

Despite all the optimism that's not very exiting tbh.

In our last game Southampton absolutely battered us, and in large part due to a mdifield incapable of holding onto the ball.

We're now about to start the season with that same midfield. Then soon after face Chelsea... and even if Bissouma returns he won't be in top condition.

Going into the first two games of the season with Perisic as the only meaningful addition to the startng 11. Unless Spece gets off to a flying start.

Despite all the optimism that's not very exiting tbh.
TBF Conte had only been in the job for just over three months, they were all still getting to grips with things under a new manager too. PEH and Bent worked very well for the majority of the time they were paired together

0-1, 89 mins

Back
Top Bottom