Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst he's a thick gobby prick, he at least supports Spurs...

Talksport this morning, Jamie O'Hara says we have the best front 3 in the league. Until Haaland proves himself, Kane is better. Son is better than Grealish and, here's the one, he says you could argue Deki is better than Foden.
They all laughed at him and gave him abuse but this one bugs me. Why is Foden SO highly rated? I just don't get it?
Last season he played 28 PL games, scored 9, assisted 5. Goal involvement average of a goal every other game.
Deki played 18 games. 5 goals, 8 assists. Goal involvement average of a goal every 1.3 games.

Round 1 - Deki.

Big chances created - Deki 6, Foden 11. Average over games played - 2.5 Foden, 3 Deki

Round 2 - Deki

Number of through balls played - 7 each. Based on games played...

Round 3 - Deki

Cross accuracy - Deki 28% - Foden - 27%

Round 4 - Deki

Let's take a look at defence

Tackles Deki 19 v Foden 16

Round 5 Deki

Tackle succes - Deki 68% Foden 50%

Round 6 Deki

To save time - if you gross up games to match, in every single defensive metric, Deki wins.

So tell me what I'm missing? Why was Gobby O'Hara laughed down at the mention of this when there's actual tangible evidence to prove he could be right.

The Foden thing drives me crazy. People talk about him like he's prime fucking Messi.
Completely agree.

I would imagine a real simplistic view is because Foden is English, plays for Man City and anyone who plays for Man City the media can't say a bad word about.

The mad thing is Kulu is the same age as Foden, but his career at the highest level started a lot sooner. The impact and experience he seems to have is incredible especially since he joined us.

I don't particularly understand the fuss around Jack Grealish either. At Villa he was very good but since he's been at Man City he's been very average if even that.

Sweden don’t normally produce this sort of player,
3103.jpg

You've been exposed to it?

I'm afraid the prognosis is not looking good... You've got 3 years at most before you have regressed to the state of involuntary "Jalla, bror" and "Fattaru, mannen".

My condolences, godspeed.
I live two and a half hours north of Stockholm so we get a lot of Stockholmers that move or commute up here for university. I have indeed been exposed.

I counter it by being from the middle of nowhere in Norrland and going home to visit every now and again. gotta get the smell of snöskoter you know?

If he carries on the season the way he’s started it he’ll post some Red Ginger Hot figures.
Now here's an interesting question. What would be a realistic improvement on his figures from last season?

Last season he got 5 goals and 8 assists in half a season. Those are perfectly decent numbers when considering that he is our third attacking option. What should the expectations be now for a full season? Like, are we expecting Kane and Son like numbers? Do we want more goals or assists out of him and so on.

Now here's an interesting question. What would be a realistic improvement on his figures from last season?

Last season he got 5 goals and 8 assists in half a season. Those are perfectly decent numbers when considering that he is our third attacking option. What should the expectations be now for a full season? Like, are we expecting Kane and Son like numbers? Do we want more goals or assists out of him and so on.
Using his right foot more. Doesn't really need to add more, just mix things up a bit.
If he could become just capable with his right foot, then he becomes an absolute weapon.

Around 25 goal contributions, don't think that's too much to ask playing in our front 3.

Whilst he's a thick gobby prick, he at least supports Spurs...

Talksport this morning, Jamie O'Hara says we have the best front 3 in the league. Until Haaland proves himself, Kane is better. Son is better than Grealish and, here's the one, he says you could argue Deki is better than Foden.
They all laughed at him and gave him abuse but this one bugs me. Why is Foden SO highly rated? I just don't get it?
Last season he played 28 PL games, scored 9, assisted 5. Goal involvement average of a goal every other game.
Deki played 18 games. 5 goals, 8 assists. Goal involvement average of a goal every 1.3 games.

Round 1 - Deki.

Big chances created - Deki 6, Foden 11. Average over games played - 2.5 Foden, 3 Deki

Round 2 - Deki

Number of through balls played - 7 each. Based on games played...

Round 3 - Deki

Cross accuracy - Deki 28% - Foden - 27%

Round 4 - Deki

Let's take a look at defence

Tackles Deki 19 v Foden 16

Round 5 Deki

Tackle succes - Deki 68% Foden 50%

Round 6 Deki

To save time - if you gross up games to match, in every single defensive metric, Deki wins.

So tell me what I'm missing? Why was Gobby O'Hara laughed down at the mention of this when there's actual tangible evidence to prove he could be right.

The Foden thing drives me crazy. People talk about him like he's prime fucking Messi.
Do like Foden but definitely needs to step up this season and no way I would swap Deki for him.
Same with Grealish

Can definitely see him getting over 10 for both G/A

Just seen the talksport clip. That Laura wood woman is proper cunt. Fucking gooner bitch. I know a person like her, pisses me the fuck off how dismissive she is while being completely fucking wrong.

Foden can't tie Kulu's laces. The skinny little chav has a great first touch and dribble but is other completely ineffective.

I don't think Juventus were dumb for selling him. They couldn't fit him in, he seemed spent and out of confidence. It was a fair price, reflected in how many thought it was too much at the time.
Instead praise should be directed at Conte, the staff and players, and obviously Kulusevski himself.

The vision and effort from all the aforementioned is what brings Kulusevski to be what he is today.

I'm sure Juve are happy too, which is good for us, the relations between clubs on a board-level is important to be able to move around players, both in and out going.
There are two aspects:
1) Juventus had to sell for the budget
2) Kulusevski was one of the salable ones (Ramsey, Arthur etc. were a problem)
3) Kulusevski arrived at Juventus in a moment of transition, the end of a cycle.

As a Juventus fan I am happy that he is doing well with you. Our regret is Romero, given with a wrong formula to Atalanta (loan right to redeem at € 26 million) who then sold it to you for double.

Juventus made the fireworks for the sale of CR7 to Man United you are now seeing what a catastrophe this player represents for the budget and for the balance. Kulusevski was crushed (not because of him) by this factor.

Using his right foot more. Doesn't really need to add more, just mix things up a bit.
If he could become just capable with his right foot, then he becomes an absolute weapon.
Does he need to though? He is well balanced and still goes both inside and outside, can shoot, create or keep….. he’s not one dimensional even if he is one footed

Just seen the talksport clip. That Laura wood woman is proper cunt. Fucking gooner bitch. I know a person like her, pisses me the fuck off how dismissive she is while being completely fucking wrong.

Foden can't tie Kulu's laces. The skinny little chav has a great first touch and dribble but is other completely ineffective.
She’s an absolute slutbus

Does he need to though? He is well balanced and still goes both inside and outside, can shoot, create or keep….. he’s not one dimensional even if he is one footed
Yes. Players who are outright 1 footed tend to get figured out and basic defending can neutralize them.
Top players have to find a way around it.
Teams used to try and show Bale onto his weaker right foot. He resorted to either murdering them for pace to get round them, used the outside of his left foot to make an almost right foot kick, or actually used his right foot.
Townsend, who fancied himself as another Bale did none of this and that's why his career nosedived.

Yes. Players who are outright 1 footed tend to get figured out and basic defending can neutralize them.
Top players have to find a way around it.
Teams used to try and show Bale onto his weaker right foot. He resorted to either murdering them for pace to get round them, used the outside of his left foot to make an almost right foot kick, or actually used his right foot.
Townsend, who fancied himself as another Bale did none of this and that's why his career nosedived.
Agree but Townsend is one dimensional - Kulu isn’t.

Sorry but Abonglahor is the one with the problem at Talksport.
Woods is a gooner and you expect a gooner to argue against Spurs. We would do the exact same in reverse.

Abonglahor though has absolutely no reason whatsoever to be such a blatant Spurs hater. He sounds like such a horrible, bitter moron. He talks with his bottom lip drooping about like he's abot to burst into tears and that fucking accent. Fuck sake. Get him off the air.

That idiot thinks Man United will finish above Spurs. As well as Woolwich AND Chelsea.

Hopefully some of you fifa/football manager/ social media nerds will learn something.

“We need pace”
“He won’t adapt to the premier league”
“What does he bring?”
“He’s not Diaz”

Posted 30th Jan

I could bet that some idiots would do straight swap with Adama Traore even today.

Just goes to prove that some are fans of direct line running not actual football.
Pace over ability. Muscles over skill.

:contefacepalm2:

Back
Top Bottom