Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So called experts like Pep, who also regularly selects him ahead of one of the best wide players in England (Mahrez) and has been rewarded with numerous wonderful performances..
I feel like that comment from Pep is what's made everyone obsessed with him.
If Pep said Sissoko was a complete footballer and played him, you'd probably hear pundits start to repeat it.

I feel like that comment from Pep is what's made everyone obsessed with him.
If Pep said Sissoko was a complete footballer and played him, you'd probably hear pundits start to repeat it.

He's one of the best coaches ever and if he didn't think Foden was exceptional he would simply use him a squad player & replace him. Instead he starts him in most of their biggest matches (especially in Europe) and there's a reason for that.

I don't need stats to tell me how good Foden is, same with Bernardo Silva. These kind of players make the game easier for others and Pep loves them, they are technically so reliable. Kulusevski is more explosive & more productive and much more suited to a Conte team. Both players are at the correct clubs.

He's one of the best coaches ever and if he didn't think Foden was exceptional he would simply use him a squad player & replace him. Instead he starts him in most of their biggest matches (especially in Europe) and there's a reason for that.

I don't need stats to tell me how good Foden is, same with Bernardo Silva. These kind of players make the game easier for others and Pep loves them, they are technically so reliable. Kulusevski is more explosive & more productive and much more suited to a Conte team. Both players are at the correct clubs.

Pep regularly plays a lot of players. Zinchenk played 128 times for City. Is he exceptional?
Is Jesus exceptional?
These are players that got a lot of game time too.
City are made up of decent to brilliant players. Foden is probably in the upper end of decent. In terms of brilliant, I'd take KDB over him 100 times out of 100. He's nowhere near that level.

Coaches talk up players. Teams need to use homegrown players. It's not a far each to maybe say that Pep did well talking him up.

Pep regularly plays a lot of players. Zinchenk played 128 times for City. Is he exceptional?
Is Jesus exceptional?
These are players that got a lot of game time too.
City are made up of decent to brilliant players. Foden is probably in the upper end of decent. In terms of brilliant, I'd take KDB over him 100 times out of 100. He's nowhere near that level.

Coaches talk up players. Teams need to use homegrown players. It's not a far each to maybe say that Pep did well talking him up.

Zinchenko was on the bench when City didn't even have a natural LB in the team. Jesus was mostly on the bench when they didn't even have a striker. Foden gets games in a team with one of the best RW's in the league.

KDB is the best player in the league & fully developed, so yeah of course you take him over Foden. And I think there's a big difference between talking up a player & saying he's the best talent you've worked with, he's not saying similar things about other players there.

I think last season, teams just had to keep Son & Kane quiet to stop Spurs from scoring. If Kula keeps this up, they will have to think again and he will find he gets more attention but that will free up others, possibly Son & Kane. Either way it shows you need more than a couple of goal threats. Well done Kula.

Zinchenko was on the bench when City didn't even have a natural LB in the team. Jesus was mostly on the bench when they didn't even have a striker. Foden gets games in a team with one of the best RW's in the league.

KDB is the best player in the league & fully developed, so yeah of course you take him over Foden. And I think there's a big difference between talking up a player & saying he's the best talent you've worked with, he's not saying similar things about other players there.

Just to clarify, I don't think Foden is crap.
I think he's been overhyped in a way I've never seen before.
And I think equally good players are being ignored around the league/europe while everyone is collectively wanking over him.

I genuinely think Mason Mount is no worse. I think Gallagher caught my eye more often than Foden ever has and he's done that playing for worse teams.

Just to clarify, I don't think Foden is crap.
I think he's been overhyped in a way I've never seen before.
And I think equally good players are being ignored around the league/europe while everyone is collectively wanking over him.

I genuinely think Mason Mount is no worse. I think Gallagher caught my eye more often than Foden ever has and he's done that playing for worse teams.

Agree to disagree I guess. I don't think he's anywhere near the finished article/a world class player yet, but he's one of the biggest young talents in the world & no City game I've ever watched has shown me otherwise.

Kulu is up there too, in a Spurs shirt. Mount I think is a level below them in terms of talent but seems to have that Lampard work-rate & ability to be productive regardless.

Sheringham was possibly the player they dubbed the term "he doesn't need pace because he's already one step ahead of everyone" for.
He was a joy to watch and one of my favourite players. It was interesting yesterday, you watch the Halland 2nd goal Vs West Ham. He could have taken a touch before shooting but he just readjusted his body and hit it first time. That's exactly the sort of thing Sheringham did all the time. He knew what he was gonna do before anyone else. He played in Ledley Kings testimonial and he still looked useful.
I was too young to see his 1st spurs tenure, so what I meant was I wasn’t going to judge the 36 year old who played in his 2nd run.

There are two aspects:
1) Juventus had to sell for the budget
2) Kulusevski was one of the salable ones (Ramsey, Arthur etc. were a problem)
3) Kulusevski arrived at Juventus in a moment of transition, the end of a cycle.

As a Juventus fan I am happy that he is doing well with you. Our regret is Romero, given with a wrong formula to Atalanta (loan right to redeem at € 26 million) who then sold it to you for double.

Juventus made the fireworks for the sale of CR7 to Man United you are now seeing what a catastrophe this player represents for the budget and for the balance. Kulusevski was crushed (not because of him) by this factor.
fogueres fogueres - thank you for all your insightful posts.

I gather McKennie has a dislocated shoulder and is out for several weeks. I also saw rumours that Allegri & Juve are now willing to sell him.

Is this because Pogba will replace him in the starting eleven?

We know Paratici rates McKennie very highly. So now that the Zaniolo deal is allegedly at an "impasse", I wonder if we will switch back to trying to sign the American.

I'm not sure he's what we need, but Conte may have a plan.

Rooney? Fowler?

All English players with talent are hyped to the heavens . Far too much pressure for young players in England.
Not sure about Fowler, he was good. I think Owen got more hype.
Thing is, Rooney and Owen properly delivered on that hype. Their problem was the same - they burnt out early.
As it is, a young Rooney is something Foden is nowhere near.

I was sceptical when Conte said Kulu could be a wing back, but now that I think about it he'd be an excellent wingback.

He'd be like TAA but with physcality. That run Sess made for Kulu's cross, there's no reason he couldn't be on the end of a cross like that from Son or Perisic while playing as RWB. Simiarly, there's no reason he couldn't be delivering that cross as a WB either.

He works hard in defence and has the energy to go up and down the pitch, though his actual defensive quality is hard to judge unless we see him play WB.

I'd be curious to see how a front line of Son, Kane, Richarlison, with Kulu as RWB would work, as a more aggressive formation when we're chasing a result.

A lot of what Emerson does offensively is to just carry the ball up the pitch and give a short pass to Kulu, who then delivers the killer cross. Maybe he can do that job himself.

A lot of resident know alls seem to have forgotten they thought Kulu was completely shit about 100 posts ago...

He's tall but never uses his height, and he's on the slow side.

He's so fu***ng overrated, what the hell is going on here..

40M?? They just make up numbers because if we pay that somebody wants shooting.

35 mil. So pretty much what Juve paid 2 years ago. Doesn't matter he's been shit since, his value hasn't dropped for our genius chairman.

This guy is as slow as fuck. He plays the game at half pace. Wtaf are we doing here???

I just don't get it. Paratici is having a mare

I think at this point Lucas is still better player.

Lot of fucking money though for someone that looks alarmingly slow.

We are the new Everton.

The way some people are desperately trying anything to hype themselves up about this signing is really fucking funny.

:contethumb:

I gather McKennie has a dislocated shoulder and is out for several weeks. I also saw rumours that Allegri & Juve are now willing to sell him.

We know Paratici rates McKennie very highly. So now that the Zaniolo deal is allegedly at an "impasse", I wonder if we will switch back to trying to sign the American.

McKennie is a very good midfielder, great for raids.
He was on the market but now with his injury, Pogba's, Rabiot's probable departure to Manchester United, I don't know if they want to sell him.
Zaniolo after the latest As Roma signings would seem willing not to move: we will see, in these cases I believe in the domino effect.
Having left Ramsey, Juventus wants above all to lend Arthur Melo, the useless Brazilian onerous.

I too rate McKennie, but where would this put us in terms of CMs? Does Skipp become 5th choice CM? Do we sell Hojbjerg? If he were on sale for cheap and we had need it would be a no brainer, but we seem to have pretty good depth right now. Skipp is too good to be a 5th choice CM. Selling Winks and getting in a older vet would be more ideal, imo.

I was sceptical when Conte said Kulu could be a wing back, but now that I think about it he'd be an excellent wingback.

He'd be like TAA but with physcality. That run Sess made for Kulu's cross, there's no reason he couldn't be on the end of a cross like that from Son or Perisic while playing as RWB. Simiarly, there's no reason he couldn't be delivering that cross as a WB either.

He works hard in defence and has the energy to go up and down the pitch, though his actual defensive quality is hard to judge unless we see him play WB.

I'd be curious to see how a front line of Son, Kane, Richarlison, with Kulu as RWB would work, as a more aggressive formation when we're chasing a result.

A lot of what Emerson does offensively is to just carry the ball up the pitch and give a short pass to Kulu, who then delivers the killer cross. Maybe he can do that job himself.
Maybe he'd make a good wingback, but his attacking and shooting is so good, you'd have to have ludicrously talented players ahead of him to even consider playing him out of position. Who is gonna create and score more than him at RW?

Deki is insanely productive. There's absolutely no reason to consider moving him from RW.

Maybe he'd make a good wingback, but his attacking and shooting is so good, you'd have to have ludicrously talented players ahead of him to even consider playing him out of position. Who is gonna create and score more than him at RW?

Deki is insanely productive. There's absolutely no reason to consider moving him from RW.
I agree. It's working fine as it is, so no reason to change it.

I mean it more in the sense that there's such an overlap between what a Conte WB does and what Kulu is currently doing for us.

Which is why his attacking talent wouldn't necessarily be wasted, he would find himself in a lot of the same positions in the opposition half. Him and Emerson are never very far from each other when in we're attacking, except on counters. Emerson even goes farther sometimes, like the cross for the Salisu OG.

It's an intriguing possibility. Perisic wasn't a bad winger, but became a better LWB. Got 8 goals, 7 assists last season for Inter.

I too rate McKennie, but where would this put us in terms of CMs? Does Skipp become 5th choice CM? Do we sell Hojbjerg? If he were on sale for cheap and we had need it would be a no brainer, but we seem to have pretty good depth right now. Skipp is too good to be a 5th choice CM. Selling Winks and getting in a older vet would be more ideal, imo.
I agree, signing McKennie would seem to give us one CM too many. And whilst many would be happy to upgrade PEH, Conte clearly trusts him & his spirit on the pitch. PEH gets Conte's tactics, and can communicate them to teammates, so he's part of the coach's "process" as we bed in new players.

McKennie is a strong running midfielder, which given the Zaniolo & Traore rumours, appears to be a quality Conte wants more of in the squad. McKennie would also enable us to play the Inter 3-5-2.

But after yesterday's performance, Deki has to be in our starting 11, so I'm struggling to see where McKennie would fit.

Back
Top Bottom