Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I have said before it is not a business, which a football club is, to police crimes but the Police. Their job is do the best for thei business and if that means playing someone accused of a crime, then they are acting in the interests of the business.
To get them to change their approach it needs action from employees, other players objecting to play with them or supporters refusing to go to matches or affecting the match by abusing the players by chants or booing. Only this type of action will get them to change.
whilst I do not have a problem with Woolwich playing a suspected rapist, I do hope it rebounds on them, by player unrest and supporters of both theirs and the opposition affecting the result.
Safeguarding laws should state that someone under investigation for a sexual crime can’t be within 200 yards of children or vulnerable people, he shouldn’t even be allowed to train

What if it turns out he’s guilty and he’s spent 6 months in the same changing rooms as the youth team etc?

United were classy with greenwood and the scum need to do the same

Safeguarding laws should state that someone under investigation for a sexual crime can’t be within 200 yards of children or vulnerable people, he shouldn’t even be allowed to train
I don't think that's fair, but if the accusation has some level of credibility -- evidence to be verified, some leads to follow -- then yeah, go ahead.

Otherwise a lot innocent people would find themselves pariahs without the slightest bit of evidence against them. just being publically accused of sexual crimes is enough to ruin lives, EVEN IF strong evidence comes out disproving the accusation.

As I have said before it is not a business, which a football club is, to police crimes but the Police. Their job is do the best for thei business and if that means playing someone accused of a crime, then they are acting in the interests of the business.
To get them to change their approach it needs action from employees, other players objecting to play with them or supporters refusing to go to matches or affecting the match by abusing the players by chants or booing. Only this type of action will get them to change.
whilst I do not have a problem with Woolwich playing a suspected rapist, I do hope it rebounds on them, by player unrest and supporters of both theirs and the opposition affecting the result.
That is very short-sighted of you.

No shit, Sherlock.
Christian Bale Oooo GIF

I don't follow, did City continue to play him once the allegations surfaced honestly can't recall?
No, but they knew about the content of the allegations for a long time, then when that same information hit the public, they chose to suspend him.
So they pretty much knew their player was a rapist and just played him anyway.

They were condemned a little bit, but then everyone kind of forgot or didn't really care and it was business as usual.

No, but they knew about the content of the allegations for a long time, then when that same information hit the public, they chose to suspend him.
So they pretty much knew their player was a rapist and just played him anyway.

They were condemned a little bit, but then everyone kind of forgot or didn't really care and it was business as usual.
Yep... important to remember in this case that, unless those messages were faked by the victim, he is not a suspected rapist all; he's an admitted rapist.

What if it turns out he’s guilty and he’s spent 6 months in the same changing rooms as the youth team etc?

United were classy with greenwood and the scum need to do the same
While what he’s been accused of is awful, I don’t think it helps to equate it with noncing. As far as we know he hasn’t been accused of anything with children, so not sure why it’s a problem if he’s come into contact with any youth players. I also don’t imagine the first team and the kids share a changing room.

Completely agree that he should be on gardening leave until this is all cleared up though.

While what he’s been accused of is awful, I don’t think it helps to equate it with noncing. As far as we know he hasn’t been accused of anything with children, so not sure why it’s a problem if he’s come into contact with any youth players. I also don’t imagine the first team and the kids share a changing room.

Completely agree that he should be on gardening leave until this is all cleared up though.
I’m not calling him a nonce but If he’s a sexual predator he shouldn’t be around vulnerable people, children are classed as vulnerable people

And from the evidence we have we can see he has actually admitted being a rapist

This all boils down to the goons being completely and utterly classless, they should place him on leave like you say, he’ll have his day in court and if innocent then fair enough. But to just pretend nothing is happening because they ‘need him in midfield’ is something I didn’t think that club would stoop to. They’ve shocked me how they’ve handled this situation and I’ve lost the little bit of respect I did have for them

I’m not calling him a nonce but If he’s a sexual predator he shouldn’t be around vulnerable people, children are classed as vulnerable people

And from the evidence we have we can see he has actually admitted being a rapist

This all boils down to the goons being completely and utterly classless, they should place him on leave like you say, he’ll have his day in court and if innocent then fair enough. But to just pretend nothing is happening because they ‘need him in midfield’ is something I didn’t think that club would stoop to. They’ve shocked me how they’ve handled this situation and I’ve lost the little bit of respect I did have for them

nah, it’s exactly the kind of thing I expected them to do.

Fair enough mate. I do think both Woolwich and the Premier League are letting the side down here. It’s not a good look for them, especially Woolwich. City don’t get enough stick for the way they acted over Mendy either they pretty much did the same as Woolwich have, though it wasn’t public knowledge that he was under investigation, the club knew and kept playing him until he was charged.

Everton and United both suspended their players as soon as they were arrested.

Your last paragraph is the solution

He stays away from the club until his case is decided in a court of law so he doesn’t come into contact with any vulnerable people at his place of work

Back
Top Bottom