Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is, Ten Hag is not even the issue there. We can make fun of him all we want, but their squad is just utter shit. Their best player is Bruno Fernandes, and he's just a shit Giovanni Lo Celso.

As I said in the matchday thread, their biggest mistake was getting rid of Ragnick. He might've been a shit manager (with every passing day his stock gets better), but at least he was brutally honest with United. So what do they do? They sack him, and hire an apparently yes-man. They should just stick with Ten Hag, and if he wants to get rid of 25 players, they should oblige to him.
I was talking to United fans about this today. The “brutally honest” comments need to stop. Anyone with a brain knew the United issues, Jose said them when he was there. Remember his comment “my greatest achievement is getting second with this club and everything behind the scenes.”

Ralf had 31 games to improve the team. He made them worse then made excuses about how difficult the club is and how it’s not the managers fault. He was an awful manager and a horrible attitude around the club, that’s why ETH wanted him gone.

ETH might be a yes man, he might not be. The issue is he’s a stubborn manager. In two games he has played Eriksen as a false nine and then a deep lying midfielder. Has has played a midget at CB. He has tried playing out of the back with players who can’t pass. He has put in a new method of the CB taking a GK and passing it back to the keeper to instantly put them under pressure.

He’s not a good manager. He was saved by the Ajax system of recruitment and always having the best players in his league.

They've still won more than us over recent years. We need to win something before laughing at United.
That trophy 4 years ago ain’t doing shit for them now. I hate this attitude of “they won 5 years ago so they are better off than us.” We are in the CL, have a legit chance at a trophy and are fun to watch. They are embarrassing themselves weekly.

But that's what Ajax do. Ajax have an amazing youth setup, coaching, scouting, they have been among the best in the world at producing talent for decades. But the league is poor (probably in part because Ajax swallow most of the talent) and I think that makes it much harder for a coach to come from Ajax and try and do the same thing in the Premier League, which is the toughest league.

You saw the same thing with De Boer at Palace.
That I agree with you about. There are no easy games in the EPL, even for the top clubs.

Neville just flip flops from one narrative to another, depending on results and performances. I honestly think he should not be involved with UTD games, he is too emotionally wrapped up in it all. HE sucks up to the fan base, overhypes the situation before a game and then looks like a complete plum when it all goes down the toilet.

Won't even comment on Redknapp, I should think he cant believe his luck that he has the job.

Many of these "pundits" have agendas and loyalties that they can't put to one side for the sake of an unbiased view. Yesterday was a classic, where they are tearing into each other. Levy is mentioned completely randomly, from a positive view point, then slapped right down with the "what have they won" agenda. It is deflection, it s a message to other fans, yeh we may be shite, but don't talk about Spurs being better, as they must be crap as they haven't won anything..

This pre-match waffle is fantastic!!!

"from an attacking point of view I've no concerns today, Utd will be good on the ball, there's no excuse in this heat not to keep a lot of possession. I admire what ETH has done here today, he's come here today and said we are going to play total football"

Every week Sky build United up pre game, without any evidence that they will be good

Even after today they kept on inferring that United could win the league

Complete joke

f5a6b55ed2c86d7a3710eca6bf792588.jpg

I think they should fire him now. He's Ramos 2.0 and the longer this goes on the more adrift from the other teams they're going to become. Teams that perform this badly aren't turned around by the incumbent manager; they never have been and they never will be.

They've got Liverpool a week on Monday and they should have someone else in the job by then. If they persist with ten Hag, they're leaving Flipper in charge of the Titanic.
Not sure what you’re getting at , Flipper could not have done any worse than the actual Captain

The thing is, Ten Hag is not even the issue there. We can make fun of him all we want, but their squad is just utter shit. Their best player is Bruno Fernandes, and he's just a shit Giovanni Lo Celso.

As I said in the matchday thread, their biggest mistake was getting rid of Ragnick. He might've been a shit manager (with every passing day his stock gets better), but at least he was brutally honest with United. So what do they do? They sack him, and hire an apparently yes-man. They should just stick with Ten Hag, and if he wants to get rid of 25 players, they should oblige to him.

Correct, you can't blame Ten Hag but who would recommend a 5ft 9 inch centre back in the PL?

Conte? Yes a bettee option for sure, but it's his way or the highway and I think his character is not for United, same in many respects as Moaninho.

United are in trouble. No doubt at all and nobody can guess which way it's going to go but ant player worth their salt at the moment won't go to them first or without a huge premium.

saw their game last week and my impression was the players don’t like their manager, want him swapped for someone they believe in. He’ll be gone in quick time and i expect they’ll get poch in.

Would Poch take on such a challenge though?

Back
Top Bottom