Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing that may fuck United is their players are on huge wages, hard to shift deadwood that is getting paid a lot, just think about Ndombele X11.

They have signed crap for huge money, unless all those players are happy to leave and take a giant paycut they are stuck with them.

One thing that may fuck United is their players are on huge wages, hard to shift deadwood that is getting paid a lot, just think about Ndombele X11.

They have signed crap for huge money, unless all those players are happy to leave and take a giant paycut they are stuck with them.

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

And yet, despite all of this humiliation, we all know that there will be a middle aged man strolling proudly around his local supermarket today, wearing his replica United top.

Every week Sky build United up pre game, without any evidence that they will be good

Even after today they kept on inferring that United could win the league

Complete joke
His post-match rant is all about deflection, and heap the pressure on the owners (he knows 90% of the fanbase will follow suit), this removes the focus on the manager and players. Perhaps it also takes the heat off of him following his pre-match waffle where he was praising ETH approach to the game expecting "total football"!!!!

He's one of the most powerful voices in football today, I actually like his commentary on most things, however what I can't stand is him using his voice to the advancement of his team. I will never let him off the constant public tapping up of Poch whilst he was our manager. The effect is to destabilize us and it happens unchallenged, no one called him out on it, he did literally what he wants.

Not laughing too hard though, that was our lot at some stage during all of Nuno, Mourinho, the end of Poch, most of Sherwood and the end of AVB.

We had our fair share of periods of millionaire footballers just not giving a shit.

Levy a billion times better than the Glazers. He’s actually invested in the infrastructure of the club and trophy’s or not ( which are a bit of a toss up ) we’ve come a long way in 20 years.

In contrast, Man Utd by all accounts have a rotting stadium, dilapidated training facilities and a terrible sports science and scouting department. All of which, underpins the value of the club and the performance of their players.

They spend money on players to try and appease the fans - but unlike levy they don’t invest in the fundamentals that support their likelihood to succeed.

We’ve made some big mistakes, but we’ve gone about it the right way at least.

Someone should tell Ten Haag that this isn’t the Dutch league.

Blame their owners all you want but signing a 5’8 centre back to play in a back four in the premier league is madness.

Someone should tell Ten Haag that this isn’t the Dutch league.

Blame their owners all you want but signing a 5’8 centre back to play in a back four in the premier league is madness.

But this shows how fucked United are. If they have a decent DoF (Rangnick, Campos etc) and a scouting network they would be able to identify players who can fit Ten Hag’s system but also be suitable for the Prem. It shouldn’t really be the job of the manager to buy and sell players.

I mean even Klopp wanted a player from the German league for his scouts to tell him to get Salah instead. Until United have a DoF, scouts and a manager all in sync with a clear vision they will amble from one fuck up to the next.

Modern football requires not just elite managers but elite DoF’s, scouts, medical teams etc and United just look like they are stuck in the 90’s. United got so accustomed to Fergie being good at everything than when he left rather than accept a new modern set-up they seem to want to find a new Fergie which ain’t gonna happen.

I am torn on this. I like to think that he is smart enough to not take it after his PSG stint.

But he is also enough of a mentalist to think that he could fix it.

United would be a disaster. He would say I want XYZ gone and ABC to come in and United would do something completely different. Their lack of a good DoF and scouts would also leave him bare and hung out to dry.

PSG is a joke club but at least you get a title and a few cups on your CV. United is much worse, even someone as good as Klopp would be on the end of a hiding.

Levy a billion times better than the Glazers. He’s actually invested in the infrastructure of the club and trophy’s or not ( which are a bit of a toss up ) we’ve come a long way in 20 years.

In contrast, Man Utd by all accounts have a rotting stadium, dilapidated training facilities and a terrible sports science and scouting department. All of which, underpins the value of the club and the performance of their players.

They spend money on players to try and appease the fans - but unlike levy they don’t invest in the fundamentals that support their likelihood to succeed.

We’ve made some big mistakes, but we’ve gone about it the right way at least.
Alex Ferguson is the main problem with United they’re fucked with out him.

Back
Top Bottom