Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Charities all across the UK will be waiting with baited breath for this outcome...

:kaneear:
Feel free to chip in a tenner.

I know you're kidding, but in all seriousness, it all adds up. I use smile.amazon.com when i shop at Amazon now because they round up the change and donate it to the charity of your choosing. I lost my father to cancer so I selected the American Cancer Society as my charity of choice.

I get an email from them quarterly... Thanks to those who use smile.amazon.com, the American Cancer Society has received over $97k in the first quarter of this year alone. We're literally talking pennies at a time. But it all adds up.

In total, Amazon has donated nearly $2M to ACS and over $700 million worldwide just from smile.Amazon. No amount is too small when donating.

Cheers!

Again, where are you getting 5-6 games from? He declared himself fit, or at least available, to play this weekend. Conte has decided to leave him out as a precaution.

Are you trying to create a narrative here?
3 - 4 weeks is the time out Conte said yesterday.
That covers potentially right up to the Leicester game.

Yeah OTOH whatever Marseille are offering we could match and then some, so if we really want him this doesn’t mean much. I believe shifting players is a necessity for us though before any incomings.
Can't offer him life in Marseille to be fair.
Then again, I think some parts of there are horrific as well.

He's not missing 5-6 games due to this knock. Maybe you missed what Conte said today?

"Cristian had a little problem during the game against Chelsea in the final part of the game. But it’s a little problem. After the game he started to feel a bit of pain in his adductor," said the 53-year-old. "We checked him, and honestly the player wanted to give his availability but in this type of situation especially as we have a lot of games to play, it would be stupid to take a risk. For this reason for the age against Wolverhampton he’s not available."

Tell you what, if the club terminates the loan and Cuti isn't Spurs after this window, I'll donate $20 to the charity of your choice.

If he is still Spurs, you donate $20 to the charity of my choice.

Deal?

And if you'd like to up the ante, i'm all for it. Make it $100 if you want. Or more.

The club isn't letting him leave over another minor injury.
I'm not saying they won't sign him.
I'm saying they need to be sure we're not signing someone who's unavailable as often as available.

I'm not saying they won't sign him.
I'm saying they need to be sure we're not signing someone who's unavailable as often as available.

All they can do is make the best decision with the information they have, there are no certainties.

We can't be sure of the future. But we're going to sign him.

We have to hope for the best. But fear not, you're on record in case he is often hurt. You can come back and quote your "I told you so".

Antonio Conte is continuing to insist to Fabio Paratici that he wants Nicolo Zaniolo, but Calciomercato reports that the attacking midfielder signing a new contract with Roma is more likely than a move to Tottenham.

The links with Zaniolo refuse to go away. Of course, reports have previously claimed that Conte views Zaniolo as a dream signing.

And it seemed that the 23-year-old was ready to make the move. Reports suggested that he had his bags packed before Jose Mourinho insisted that he needs to stay.

And with that, talks between Tottenham and Roma reportedly came to an end in recent days. However, it seems Conte is not ready to throw in the towel.

According to Calciomercato, he is continuing to really insist to Paratici that he wants Zaniolo signed. The club are apparently yet to bid.

Unfortunately for Tottenham, Calciomercato claims that Zaniolo is closer to signing a new deal with the Giallorossi than he is to making the move to Spurs in the final days of the window.

Conte continuing to insist that he wants Zaniolo signed
It would now be a surprise if Tottenham signed Zaniolo. They have done so much business in this window. And Paratici appears to have done a good job of providing the additions Conte wants.

So the fact that Zaniolo remains at Roma surely hints that it is going to be incredibly difficult to get him brought in.

Reports have suggested that the Serie A side want £42 million for the ‘incredible‘ Italy international. And he is seemingly open to signing a new deal with his current club.

A move may be out of the question this summer. But with Conte such a fan, it would be no surprise if Tottenham’s pursuit of Zaniolo started up again in the coming windows.

Casemiro is a great signing for United.

The greatest CDM in the history of club football.
Not a bad shout.. who would rival him? Did Busquets do enough out of possession to match him? Probably didn't get the same help that Casemiro was afforded by those around him as the years went on.

Souness to be fair to him always looks class when there's an old Liverpool game on the telly. Never saw enough of Makelele.

Back
Top Bottom