Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a 0% chance we don't buy Romero, why are we even discussing this?

What am I missing?

He's our best defender, and it's not close. With him, we arguably need ANOTHER CB, now isn't the time to get rid of our best one and try to bring in 1-2 replacements.
You're missing that he's about to miss another 5-6 games and the season has barely started.
given he missed over 20 in all comps last season I'm not sure why its such a "no brainer"

You're missing that he's about to miss another 5-6 games and the season has barely started.
given he missed over 20 in all comps last season I'm not sure why its such a "no brainer"
Again, where are you getting 5-6 games from? He declared himself fit, or at least available, to play this weekend. Conte has decided to leave him out as a precaution.

Are you trying to create a narrative here?

You might not be reading a good source. Romero’s Argentine source said it’s 10 days. Conte called it a small injury today. Seems likely he’ll only miss 1 game or 2 at most.

Or...... a bunch of Internet fans convinced themselves a player they've never heard of was the key to winning everything. And they've convinced themselves a tenuous foreign report was as good as deal done.
Yeah OTOH whatever Marseille are offering we could match and then some, so if we really want him this doesn’t mean much. I believe shifting players is a necessity for us though before any incomings.

He's not missing 5-6 games due to this knock. Maybe you missed what Conte said today?

"Cristian had a little problem during the game against Chelsea in the final part of the game. But it’s a little problem. After the game he started to feel a bit of pain in his adductor," said the 53-year-old. "We checked him, and honestly the player wanted to give his availability but in this type of situation especially as we have a lot of games to play, it would be stupid to take a risk. For this reason for the age against Wolverhampton he’s not available."

Tell you what, if the club terminates the loan and Cuti isn't Spurs after this window, I'll donate $20 to the charity of your choice.

If he is still Spurs, you donate $20 to the charity of my choice.

Deal?

And if you'd like to up the ante, i'm all for it. Make it $100 if you want. Or more.

The club isn't letting him leave over another minor injury.

Can’t believe they’ve shelled out so much cash and had zero interest in any of our for-sale players.
Maybe they think that they suck?

Awkward Season 2 GIF by The Office

He's not missing 5-6 games due to this knock. Maybe you missed what Conte said today?

"Cristian had a little problem during the game against Chelsea in the final part of the game. But it’s a little problem. After the game he started to feel a bit of pain in his adductor," said the 53-year-old. "We checked him, and honestly the player wanted to give his availability but in this type of situation especially as we have a lot of games to play, it would be stupid to take a risk. For this reason for the age against Wolverhampton he’s not available."

Tell you what, if the club terminates the loan and Cuti isn't Spurs after this window, I'll donate $20 to the charity of your choice.

If he is still Spurs, you donate $20 to the charity of my choice.

Deal?

And if you'd like to up the ante, i'm all for it. Make it $100 if you want. Or more.

The club isn't letting him leave over another minor injury.

Charities all across the UK will be waiting with baited breath for this outcome...

:kaneear:

Back
Top Bottom