Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its a calculated bet to improve their squad and either stat in PL this season (might be unlikely) or more likely get relegated but with good squad get back again.

Similar bet to Villa not selling Grealish to us for £25m/30m as new owners 'bet' that with Grealish in side they could get out of Championship into PL (worth say £150m versus selling Greaish for 25m). They got that bet right, got back into PL giving Grealish PL pedigree and persuaded ManCity to vastly over pay for Grealish.

Will Notts Forest also luck it out and win their bet ? No idea but odds don't look too bad ?
They can take that chance too as clubs like Southampton, Leicester and Wolves (jinx?) look fairly rubbish so far and have just as much chance as Fulham and Bournemouth of staying up IMO.

Obviously I would. Hojberg will rotate this season. He is not unsaleable by any means, however I don’t see Madrid offering what we want for him. Bissouma, bentancur and skipp are also very good
That’s why I think if they offer £40m we will accept. As we have 3 more base players, swapping Hojbjerg for a 6-8 type (8 who can drop into 6 when chasing or when injuries require).

No diss to Emile, he‘s been best of rest (bar Son n Kane) past 2seasons, but feels it would be savvy if it allows a Top Target player to come in who scores and assists or is a good dribbler and press resistant etc.

I really don't like Casemiro going to Utd. He's quality. But if it IS a 4-year deal, then I look forward to him playing well until he gives up like Ronnie and then milks them for the next 3 years, during his retirement.
He’s good for sure, but let’s be honest, his level was raised immeasurably by the inexplicable continuous brilliance of Modric and Kroos.
I’m not sure he’s going to improve United to the level that you would expect a 60 million midfield signing to.
Casemiro is an old fashioned clogger. Excellent at breaking up the play, winning the ball and passing it off to the more gifted midfielders. But he’s not going to run games or dominate the midfield in the way de Jong would have for them.

Jimmy Fallon Eating GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
feasting tonight in his honor

They basically are trying the most reputable players that could be interested in joining them. No project or nothing. Just big names. Just like varane
He’s good for sure, but let’s be honest, his level was raised immeasurably by the inexplicable continuous brilliance of Modric and Kroos.
I’m not sure he’s going to improve United to the level that you would expect a 60 million midfield signing to.
Casemiro is an old fashioned clogger. Excellent at breaking up the play, winning the ball and passing it off to the more gifted midfielders. But he’s not going to run games or dominate the midfield in the way de Jong would have for them.
Thanks. That makes me feel better. I look forward to more of the slow car crash viewing!

Go On Popcorn GIF

Back
Top Bottom