Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid are known to squeeze "everything" out of their players and when Real M. sense that it is about to happen to a player ....they are quick to sell the concerning player.
It happened to players like Casillas, Marcelo, and CR...

Not really. Marcelo has been useless for a few years now and he left on a free transfer. CR did quite well at Juventus.

Hoijberg to Madrid ?

Nah
thomas-gravesen-former-dutch-footballer.png

Kane is severely undervalued for really stupid reasons, including the fact that he isn’t very athletic and doesn’t do fancy shit with the ball (except create space with simple moves and score and assist a lot of goals!). He is one of only a few English played that are severely undervalued.

Look at Jack Grealish fee. Take a look at Maddison’s. Both of them are severely overvalued. Tons of other example.

If Grealish is with 100 million, Kane should be worth 200 million. His lack of athleticism makes him more valuable in my mind.

Really, I can’t think of any other English player that is undervalued aside from Kane.

There's loads. Couple like Barnes or Sterling jump out as me. If Barnes was Brazilian he'd be going for Raphinha money somewhere. In less minutes he was putting up better numbers last season. Sterling has been a double figures for goals wide attacker in the league for years and people talk about him like he's Walcott.

Walker, Stones & Henderson a few more examples. Oh, and how is Maddison overvalued at 60-70m? Scored 12 assisted 8 last season, look at what Roma want for Zaniolo, a player who has NEVER got even close to that kind of return.

Hitchen looks worse and worse over time sure, but I'm not sure he shares any of the blame for the mismanagement of our academy.
This returns us to the gaping hole I mention. If it’s not Hitchens job as I believe he was titled chief scout, if we assume the manager prioritises the first team, then who was keeping a hand on the tiller regarding those coming through, negotiating suitable loans and contracts to keep them tied to the club?

Without being in the know, some reasonable conclusions can be drawn on Hitchen that amount to he was way out of his depth. If he had more about him he could have identified the areas that paratici has and got the right people in.

We now have 3 new staff including paratici, that are deemed necessary.

He oversaw some of our worst years on the academy front and transfer wise.

I mean people thought the same of Varane going there and he has played like complete shit. I’m not to worried about Casemiro. That team is below average with an even worse mentality and an overrated coach.

I rated varane as one the best cb out there …. They’ve really done some to ruin him and his reputation and in such short space

Don’t see the point of selling PEH for 50m to be replaced by a 60m Neves (or someone like Marcos Llorente ) if we could even get them so late in the window. Would only make any kind of sense if Conté sees Sarr as an immediate stand-in on the same level which I highly doubt. Besides which, Madrid spent big on the position in the last couple of windows and don’t need him.

Of course, we do have a ‘special relationship’ with that cunty team.
Seriously?

There's loads. Couple like Barnes or Sterling jump out as me. If Barnes was Brazilian he'd be going for Raphinha money somewhere. In less minutes he was putting up better numbers last season. Sterling has been a double figures for goals wide attacker in the league for years and people talk about him like he's Walcott.

Walker, Stones & Henderson a few more examples. Oh, and how is Maddison overvalued at 60-70m? Scored 12 assisted 8 last season, look at what Roma want for Zaniolo, a player who has NEVER got even close to that kind of return.
Burnley's Barnes ?

Back
Top Bottom