Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't like Casemiro going to Utd. He's quality. But if it IS a 4-year deal, then I look forward to him playing well until he gives up like Ronnie and then milks them for the next 3 years, during his retirement.

I really don't like Casemiro going to Utd. He's quality. But if it IS a 4-year deal, then I look forward to him playing well until he gives up like Ronnie and then milks them for the next 3 years, during his retirement.
It’s a shame that they are a complete disaster, run like absolute shit, and can still sign players like this because they have bucketloads of money. Hopefully it backfires. Their fan base is an entitled bunch of front running pricks.

Yep it's not like Gio or Ndom needed replacing.

Rodon out > < Lenglet in

We already signed Winks and Reg's replacements in Biss and Perisic.

Could finish up with:
- Gil out > < Malinkovsky in
- Tanganga out > < Milenkovic in

Have I missed something on Tanganga? The rumours seemed to have died down post Milan's involvement.
No idea on Tanganga. Have to say i found those AC Milan stories a bit fanciful and likely the work of his Italian agent. I think he might go but more likely to a lower prem team. Think Milenkovic signed a new deal at Fiorentina and you also have the home grown issue. I think if Reggie, Gil and Sarr go we can register 1 more foreign trained player for Europe. Doesnt stop us buying 2 i suppose but someone will miss out on CL, probably Doc or Emerson.

Thats my feeling on this that Real and the player have been very quick to accept everything. £60m for Real for someone that was being replaced in the first team and £300k a week for him tells me Man Utd are getting a good player but the other parties are getting the better deal by a long way.
Real Madrid are known to squeeze "everything" out of their players and when Real M. sense that it is about to happen to a player ....they are quick to sell the concerning player.
It happened to players like Casillas, Marcelo, and CR...

No idea on Tanganga. Have to say i found those AC Milan stories a bit fanciful and likely the work of his Italian agent. I think he might go but more likely to a lower prem team. Think Milenkovic signed a new deal at Fiorentina and you also have the home grown issue. I think if Reggie, Gil and Sarr go we can register 1 more foreign trained player for Europe. Doesnt stop us buying 2 i suppose but someone will miss out on CL, probably Doc or Emerson.
Unless Spurs buy another RWB I can't see them omitting Emerson (or Doc) from the CL squad and entering the CL with Spence (who's yet to even play for Spurs) as their only RWB.

I mean people thought the same of Varane going there and he has played like complete shit. I’m not to worried about Casemiro. That team is below average with an even worse mentality and an overrated coach.

My mate played for Southampton with Hurlock in the 90’s. Absolute loon
Saw him against us. Spent most of the match fighting with Gascogne . Yes he was loopy but I think Romero is even more bonkers. Something in his eyes. If he carries on he will become a marked man for the refs and we will lose him for 3 games.

I mean people thought the same of Varane going there and he has played like complete shit. I’m not to worried about Casemiro. That team is below average with an even worse mentality and an overrated coach.
Good point.

It occurs to me that 'the club is bigger than the player' really applies with Real. With Manure... not so much anymore. The bigger the ego, the bigger the club to constrain/motivate it. I don't see any of the ex-Real players putting in a shift for multiple years.

I did have a sneaky chuckle yesterday when it occurred to me that Real might be trolling Manure for pulling out of the ESL. I mean, if they wanted to fuck over the mancs, they could sell them their retirees at crazy prices (with suitable amount of 'just go there and run around a bit' pointers).

80m, yes please. I like PEH but if we got any offer over 50m we need to take it. Obviously I’m not taking this tweet seriously.

Honestly we have to get out of this habit where we think it’s never ok to sell a starter. We know our players better than the buying teams and should know when it’s time to take the money and reinvest.

If we’d moved dele on sooner we may have gotten anywhere from 30-50m.

Only thing it's getting quite late to get another CM in if he was to go.
True but we have Bissouma Bentancur Skipp and Sarr… Skipp is an injury worry and Sarr is untested, so yes we’d need to get 1 more in.

But these are good players we have at CM and all of them I think are at PEHs level or can get to it.

True but we have Bissouma Bentancur Skipp and Sarr… Skipp is an injury worry and Sarr is untested, so yes we’d need to get 1 more in.

But these are good players.
Yeah rate Skipp but needs to prove he's over the injury's and Sarr is going out on loan so definitely would need someone to come in.

Back
Top Bottom