Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That report is bollocks but if we actually got a good fee for him I’d sell and replace with Marcos Llorente, Ruben Neves, or maybe Koné.

Bennacer is also a monster if we were so inclined, but almost no chance Milan sell.

i still don’t think Conte would let PEH go though.

Only thing it's getting quite late to get another CM in if he was to go.

Selling PEH now would be a huge problem, I don't see an obvious replacement on the market now that Phillips has gone to City. Skipp needs time after his injury and Bissouma is new. I suppose Ruben Neves would be an option.

I don't have a problem selling "important" players but not at this stage of the window. It disrupts everything.

80m, yes please. I like PEH but if we got any offer over 50m we need to take it. Obviously I’m not taking this tweet seriously.

Honestly we have to get out of this habit where we think it’s never ok to sell a starter. We know our players better than the buying teams and should know when it’s time to take the money and reinvest.

If we’d moved dele on sooner we may have gotten anywhere from 30-50m.
I'm taking this tweet very seriously.

if we sell him, Ruben Neves is right there. But I would rather just rely on Bissouma and Skipp for defensive options and go for an attacking midfielder still.
If by attacking midfielder you mean someone like Maddison or eriksen, an attacking midfielder can’t play in our 2cm system without us getting overrun.

If you mean an all around CM that is also good attacking, there’s not too many out there. Maybe neves could, but finding a player that meets all that criteria would not be easy

Selling PEH now would be a huge problem, I don't see an obvious replacement on the market now that Phillips has gone to City. Skipp needs time after his injury and Bissouma is new. I suppose Ruben Neves would be an option.

I don't have a problem selling "important" players but not at this stage of the window. It disrupts everything.
Don’t see the point of selling PEH for 50m to be replaced by a 60m Neves (or someone like Marcos Llorente ) if we could even get them so late in the window. Would only make any kind of sense if Conté sees Sarr as an immediate stand-in on the same level which I highly doubt. Besides which, Madrid spent big on the position in the last couple of windows and don’t need him.

Of course, we do have a ‘special relationship’ with that cunty team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom