Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope you are being sarcastic , he doesn't play with half the intensity of his younger days now. His legs are gone.

Typical ManU retirement home style signing, his mega wages is going to sink that joke of a club even deeper

60.75 mil with 5.75mil add on's for a thirty year old.

Call me old fashioned but that is fucking daylight robbery, and a retirement plan like no other. At United they talk about wanting new owners to put money into the club and player recruitment, but spending money isn't the issue it's the shite transfer policy that is a failed culture.

That club since Fergie left, is strewn with five year contracts at 300-440 grand a week, players purchased who just don't fit in a side, have the skill or attitude.

I remember when Sanchez joined for 500k a week, the true start of the madness that we now see.

Agree, too many leaving early on. As yet i'd say only Madueke coming back to haunt us. Walker-Peters was a cock up on Pochs part not loaning him in 2017.
Walker peters was a curious case…. You could spot quite easily there was a decent footballer in there …. You could as easily see he was an extremely late developer. He was still seeming as an adolescent only until I’d suggest very recently. Now he’s got a bit of muscle structure, allowing for some extra pace and power, the player he endlessly threatened to be has arrived.

Should we have utilised the loan system successfully, we’d have a club trained homegrown player in a position we continually struggle to fill.

How a leading professional club is fucking up the basics like this is a worry. I think there was a huge void from the manager to the youth setup which manifest in young players being offered minimal direction to develop. The few good ones we did have were mismanaged or lacking in faith enough that they went elsewhere.

I’ve said it prior but that Hitchen gets worse and worse the longer you see what a genuine director of football implements. That void is being filled and hopefully paratici is achieving this with genuine talent

Last edited:
If Gil is going to Valencia, and he's currently the 6th forward (after Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison and Moura) I can't see him leaving Spurs without another forward coming in - mainly to back up Kulusevski who provides a lot of creativity/assists.

Can only assume the incoming is not in public domain atm, unless its the Ukraine guy who seems to be joining Marseile?

If Gil is going to Valencia, and he's currently the 6th forward (after Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison and Moura) I can't see him leaving Spurs without another forward coming in - mainly to back up Kulusevski who provides a lot of creativity/assists.

Can only assume the incoming is not in public domain atm, unless its the Ukraine guy who seems to be joining Marseile?

Maddison if we sell/ move on 2 or 3

Since we signed Romero he has missed a grand total of 123 days due to injury/quarantine etc. A season is aprox 9 months typically. 9 x 30 days = 270 days. 270 / 123 is almost half a season.

Add in the likelihood he's gonna pick up suspensions as well.

As for cost - £42 for a player who plays a lot is a bargain.
£42 for a player who misses half a season at a time requiring us to spend another vast sum of money is £42m + vast sum of money.,
Could cut to the fucking chase and just spend the vast of money and cut the £42 free if he's always gonna be injured.

At the very least we need bide our time before making this deal permanent. We should asses whether this is isolated or is going to be a regular occurrence going forward.
I see what you are saying but the covid quarantine skews this as it’s not likely that will be a regular occurrence moving forward

Ancelotti isn't stupid.
He's still the starter. It's just that RM are under 0 pressure to keep him. They've won everything, the offer is too good to refuse, they've already gotten the replacement and whatever happens, Ancelotti is a legend there.

He didn’t start the first la liga game. Tchouameni did.
That doesn't mean that he's not the starter. If Camavinga starts ahead of Kroos next game, it doesn't meant that Camavinga is the starter (as much as I think that Kroos falls into the Firminho category, a.k.a players whose legs are completely gone).

I think its all on Gil and Tanganga, those 2 go we'll be signing 2 more.
Yep it's not like Gio or Ndom needed replacing.

Rodon out > < Lenglet in

We already signed Winks and Reg's replacements in Biss and Perisic.

Could finish up with:
- Gil out > < Malinkovsky in
- Tanganga out > < Milenkovic in

Have I missed something on Tanganga? The rumours seemed to have died down post Milan's involvement.

Walker peters was a curious case…. You could spot quite easily there was a decent footballer in there …. You could as easily see he was an extremely late developer. He was still seeming as an adolescent only until I’d suggest very recently. Now he’s got a bit of muscle structure, allowing for some extra pace and power, the player he endlessly threatened to be has arrived.

Should we have utilised the loan system successfully, we’d have a club trained homegrown player in a position we continually struggle to fill.

How a leading professional club is fucking up the basics like this is a worry. I think there was a huge void from the manager to the youth setup which manifest in young players being offered minimal direction to develop. The few good ones we did have were mismanaged or lacking in faith enough that they went elsewhere.

I’ve said it prior but that hitchen gets worse and worse the longer you see what a genuine director of football is implementing. That void is being filled and hopefully paratici is achieving this with genuine talent
Hitchen looks worse and worse over time sure, but I'm not sure he shares any of the blame for the mismanagement of our academy.

Back
Top Bottom