Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps. But it's probably still unclear which CB position would best suit Phillips skillset. The CCB in Conte's system is the organiser, so they need a lot of experience & game intelligence.

I remember when we signed young CB Leigh Mills. IIRC he was captain of England U17s and a major prospect.

Sadly, it never worked out for him in terms of top flight football. Another reminder that there are no guarantees.

Leigh Mills - Wikipedia
At that age it is an educated guess I think.
When we poached John Bostock from Palace he was the future of football, look how that turned out.

At that age it is an educated guess I think.
When we poached John Bostock from Palace he was the future of football, look how that turned out.

There's infinitely more examples of young prospects going on to do absolutely nothing in the game, than the ones who do something.

It makes me cringe when fans thing every 16/17 year old player is destined for our first team.

Hope you are being sarcastic , he doesn't play with half the intensity of his younger days now. His legs are gone.

Typical ManU retirement home style signing, his mega wages is going to sink that joke of a club even deeper
Nonsense. His legs aren't gone at all, he's not Kroos. United were crying for a CDM, and they're geting one of the best in the World at that role. Fucking annoying signing.

Nonsense. His legs aren't gone at all, he's not Kroos. United were crying for a CDM, and they're geting one of the best in the World at that role. Fucking annoying signing.

It's not that deep, they're still way off.

I think he's quality but we said the same thing about Varane, a lot of their good signings end up in the gutter purely because of the kind of culture they have at the club, they have no standards and players don't really progress or maintain their high standards when they come in.

Real ambition would've been to get Declan rice or even trying to challenge spurs for Bissouma when it happened..this move shows Manu is finished, signing a bunch of former stars in decline

Real ambition would've been to get Declan rice or even trying to challenge spurs for Bissouma when it happened..this move shows Manu is finished, signing a bunch of former stars in decline
Rice is not better than Casemiro, quite frankly he might never be. Bissouma, as much as I like him, is unproven compared to Casemiro. He's not even in decline for fucks sake, he's 30! I hate when people talk about PL players like they're the best in the world. Fucking Marcos Llorente is 10x the player Rice is, and nobody talks about him.

That Casemiro signing is annoying.

He’s really good.
Sure but so was Varane at Madrid and Sancho at Dortmund.

It's a very different proposition for a player to perform well at this dysfunctional United team, with a loser for a manager, than to perform at some of the best well run clubs in the world.

There is also the adapting to PL factor.

This isn't a reason to worry about United imo. It's more an indictment of the lack of ambition on the player's side. He's going for a payday.

He's a great player & on paper a competitor for best DM in the league if he signs, alongside Rodri & Fabinho.

But people at this point are used to United signing impressive players but not having the underlying structure to get much out of them. They're also used to United being used as a last huge payday for players looking to wind their careers down a bit.

Rice is not better than Casemiro, quite frankly he might never be. Bissouma, as much as I like him, is unproven compared to Casemiro. He's not even in decline for fucks sake, he's 30! I hate when people talk about PL players like they're the best in the world. Fucking Marcos Llorente is 10x the player Rice is, and nobody talks about him.

He really isn't. Unless I've somehow missed something when watching him.

He might be good but they need a root and branch rebuild, which will take at least this and next season i would have thought. By that time he'll be 32 so would have made more sense going for someone younger. Looks to me like a pure late window panic buy of the 'shit our fans are going to lynch us' variety.

He really isn't. Unless I've somehow missed something when watching him.
Whenever I've watched Atleti, he's been a standout player, be it as a CM, RB, RW, SS or wherever he played. Runs for days, can cross and has an eye for a pass. All-round solid player.

I know there are sterotypes about English players and West Ham as well.

But let’s me clear Rice is elite, he is after Rodri the best in his position in the league. His positional awareness is absolutely outstanding on par with any DM. And when his contract runs down futher and West Ham have to sell he will have his pick of elite clubs and even with 1 year left on his deal West Ham will get a big pay day.

Whenever I've watched Atleti, he's been a standout player, be it as a CM, RB, RW, SS or wherever he played. Runs for days, can cross and has an eye for a pass. All-round solid player.

I think he's a good player, but I also think Rice is a really good player who passes both the eye test & statistical anaylsis.

But I agree with your overall point. Casemiro is a top footballer & the whole 'he's past it' shit at 30 is very silly .. the only factors that I think could lead to him failing are all Manchester United based.

Back
Top Bottom