Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, very pleased & Richarlison taking the piss made my day even more fun. Love that shithouse type behaviour ( from our player )

Funny to watch each sub for Forest make them worse while we seemed to just carry on as normal. Squad depth. Not sure about Royle, but we didn’t concede so would be harsh to criticise him too much.

Where was Lucas today ?
injured

Whilst Shearer is unfortunate that some of his goals aren’t included as they were in the old division one, he’s also very fortunate for the change in format as he is lauded as the top goal scorer of all time. If they counted top division goals then he wouldn’t get the plaudits he receives now.
What change in format? Other that 4 game a season more it was still too flight football. Kane is only 23rd on the list of top flight goal scorers.

Why was that twat jamie carragher blaming Richarlison for getting taken out lmfao. Nob

Forest gave a good account of themselves. Well played. Perfect start for Spurs. We just need to keep this momentum and strength. Coasting atm
Yeah.. the whole commentary team got on Ricky's case for going over earlier.. the replay, which they all looked at CLEARLY showed he caught a forest players heel directly into his nuts... The arseholes just chose to completely ignore it and just carried on with the macho ' not in my day' he's diving bullshit ..

Our midfield is pony. Just invite pressure. We used to dominate teams under poch. Just think we will get picked off against elite teams. Thought subs sessegnon and Richardson made a difference. Son needs to chill a bit. Get the vibe he feels under pressure richarlison being on bench waiting to replace him.

There was absolutely nothing 'career ending' about the tackle whatsoever. It was so not career ending that the referee gave a yellow instead of a red.

He took him out in a non dangerous but painful way. There's no need to wet yourself over it.
There's no need to defend it either, or expect that to be the response from our own players to a bit of flair.

Your remark is dubious at best Bruv, so don't be surprised at the reaction it gets.

The more I watch it the more amazed I am by the attitude of some of our fans. He's not facing anyone, he's not mocking a specific opponent, he's not in a dangerous position, and he doesn't hold on to the ball and do it for ages until someone takes him out - he does what, 3 keepy-uppies, then lays it off? And yet some of our fans, actual Spurs fans (allegedly), think he is wrong to do that and deserved to get taken out. :(

I loved it

FbRSdgxWIAAINuA

Our midfield is pony. Just invite pressure. We used to dominate teams under poch. Just think we will get picked off against elite teams. Thought subs sessegnon and Richardson made a difference. Son needs to chill a bit. Get the vibe he feels under pressure richarlison being on bench waiting to replace him.
Skipp's coming back soon.

So I wrote this on Twitter;

But it’s okay if Richarlison had suffered a serious injury, because he was doing a few keepy uppy’s and was asking for it 🙄

The responses?

He was taking the piss. You know that so stop trying to defend him.”

Richarlison regularly tries to injure people so he'll get what's coming to him

No it’s not ok if he got injured, it would be fantastic and well deserved!”

“oh wed have loved for that😤

“Yep you’re damn right it’s okay”

“Yep. You said it, he was asking for it.”

“Shame he didn’t”
Twitter is full of cunts - I hear some of them don't even support Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom