Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the train back from Nottingham. Quite enjoyed going back to the City Ground. Last goal I saw there was Steffen Iversen in 1999! It’s a decent stadium with a bit of old school character and a pretty good atmosphere… albeit shocking sight lines in the away end.

Not the best game but we stuck it out. Sharpness lacking but that will improve. I’d say the same off the pitch too as we were a bit flat at times but finished well.

Forest threw absolutely everything at us. I haven’t seen a club as up for this game in some time. Quite funny that we killed off their initial euphoria so early. But they put the pressure on at times throughout so a good test of resilience overall.

My pleasure at returning to the ground is not reflected in my feeling towards their fans. Muggy comments from almost every one who passed by. Not so much chips on their shoulders as whole bloody rainforests.

Midlands fans… as pointless and bitter as their god awful region.

:contefacepalm:

What they say? Jealous wankers

This though...

The more I watch it the more amazed I am by the attitude of some of our fans. He's not facing anyone, he's not mocking a specific opponent, he's not in a dangerous position, and he doesn't hold on to the ball and do it for ages until someone takes him out - he does what, 3 keepy-uppies, then lays it off? And yet some of our fans, actual Spurs fans (allegedly), think he is wrong to do that and deserved to get taken out. :(

Struggling to understand why Cross stayed on with that handball
Pity, basically. I'd bet VAR were thinking Kane was going to tuck the penalty away, make it 2-0, and the game would be dead without needing to be 'harsh' to Forest and put them down to ten men.

As it happened, Henderson saved the penalty and the match remained tight. I'd say the VAR team were very very fortunate that we did score a second and win because if Forest had gotten anything from it, everyone would be asking why they had eleven men on the pitch.

The more I watch it the more amazed I am by the attitude of some of our fans. He's not facing anyone, he's not mocking a specific opponent, he's not in a dangerous position, and he doesn't hold on to the ball and do it for ages until someone takes him out - he does what, 3 keepy-uppies, then lays it off? And yet some of our fans, actual Spurs fans (allegedly), think he is wrong to do that and deserved to get taken out. :(
Spurs fans are a joke. I hate my fellow fans almost as much as I do opposition fans.

Managed to get a ticket to the game. Atmosphere in the away end was patchy at times. Their lot were pretty vocal in periods. They attempted to sign ‘Champions of Europa, you’ll never sing that’ to which our lot quickly responded with ‘Champions of Europe, you weren’t even born’ which shut them up!!
An enjoyable day in the end.

It's not exactly showboating.

Nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't even register with me if an opponent did that.

Will you stop replying to me you twat

You've said your piece..... You support the use of physical force when someone upsets your feelings - I get it.

Stop replying ffs though as

a) we disagree with each other and I'm never going to agree with your stance on advocating "a bit of afters" for Richarlison being a bit of a twat

And

b) What else is their to debate?

You think the Forest player was justified in being out of control in his challenge because Richarlison show boated him and I don't.

That's the end....... There's no winners...... Your feelings do count....... I value you as a human being.....

And all that bullshit.

'Stop replying' says man who literally tagged me.

'Physical violence' he got kicked by someone on a fucking football pitch while he did keepy uppies. Some of you actually are fucking embarrassing. As if players like Richarlison or Romero for a fucking Antonio Conte team would never do something like that.

Acting like he got fucking two footed and then stamped on. Go pearl clutch somewhere else, melt.

100 percent ^^

Dont understand the commentator and pundit wankfest over Forest today - yeah, they played some tidy stuff but were completely toothless.

Kept getting caught out on the counter.
If we put away pen, would have been 3-0 and also missed a host of chances.
We had 18 shots, 7 on target. Forest had 1 on target.

This is what good teams do, grind out results
Forest could have played for 10 hours and not scored, job done
Totally agree. From the first few minutes saying how well they started and then we score and then they say spurs started well. Commentary during the game was also strange. Yes forest had a lot of the ball and possession, because we let them and we had them every time on the break. On another day kane has a hat trick, son gets a Goal..so does Richi. Only frustration is we didn't put them away earlier in the game and it's still on a knife edge.

'Stop replying' says man who literally tagged me.

'Physical violence' he got kicked by someone on a fucking football pitch while he did keepy uppies. Some of you actually are fucking embarrassing. As if players like Richarlison or Romero for a fucking Antonio Conte team would never do something like that.

Acting like he got fucking two footed and then stamped on. Go pearl clutch somewhere else, melt.
You still replying?

Hurt feelings and all that?

Don't worry........ No one cares and you'll feel better in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom