Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The goofy looking overrated manager has something to say

Food This Is Fine GIF by Sherchle

On the train back from Nottingham. Quite enjoyed going back to the City Ground. Last goal I saw there was Steffen Iversen in 1999! It’s a decent stadium with a bit of old school character and a pretty good atmosphere… albeit shocking sight lines in the away end.

Not the best game but we stuck it out. Sharpness lacking but that will improve. I’d say the same off the pitch too as we were a bit flat at times but finished well.

Forest threw absolutely everything at us. I haven’t seen a club as up for this game in some time. Quite funny that we killed off their initial euphoria so early. But they put the pressure on at times throughout so a good test of resilience overall.

My pleasure at returning to the ground is not reflected in my feeling towards their fans. Muggy comments from almost every one who passed by. Not so much chips on their shoulders as whole bloody rainforests.

Midlands fans… as pointless and bitter as their god awful region.

:contefacepalm:

Why was that twat jamie carragher blaming Richarlison for getting taken out lmfao. Nob

Forest gave a good account of themselves. Well played. Perfect start for Spurs. We just need to keep this momentum and strength. Coasting atm

With loads of games coming up, we could not have asked for a better game.
Watch the opponent run around like headless chickens and win whilst in 2nd gear and training mode.

They were like one of them silly yappy little dogs, Desperate to be big but eveyone can stand back and laugh at their pathetic attempts at trying to be scary.

We won without breaking a sweat and kept plenty in the tank for midweek.

The crowd were exactly as i'd expect for a lower league club. Whinging and moaning at everything and getting excited when they won a throw-in
They are not premier league and just another club to make up the 20.
Thanks for a training session and easy three points.

Am I missing the joke or watched a different game? We ran ourselves into the ground / that was a hard slog - just had to see the players as they came over to the fans at the final whistle - they gave everything- great effort and a well earned 3 points

I didn't say there was anything inherently wrong with it. He's a footballer having fun with a football. But when you're against hot blooded competitors who want to win the game and assert themselves, expect them to react to showboating.

Again, you will get this reaction vs a vast majority of defenders. They don't enjoy being made to look silly.
And that's fine, you get them booked as intended.

No issues with the showboating or the reaction tbh. Ignore the Sky commentators clutching their pearls.

It just wasn't a red card challenge and you only make yourself sound silly when you try to pretend it was.
Will you stop replying to me you twat

You've said your piece..... You support the use of physical force when someone upsets your feelings - I get it.

Stop replying ffs though as

a) we disagree with each other and I'm never going to agree with your stance on advocating "a bit of afters" for Richarlison being a bit of a twat

And

b) What else is their to debate?

You think the Forest player was justified in being out of control in his challenge because Richarlison show boated him and I don't.

That's the end....... There's no winners...... Your feelings do count....... I value you as a human being.....

And all that bullshit.

You know that you aren't allowed to do that, you are supposed to shit on Kane not throw comparative arguments. Like how many goals did Shearer score against league fodder? How many penalties? How many England goals? And how many England goals that aren't San Marino?

These people hate us and they specifically hate Kane.

Personally I probably would have quit England after the FA Chris Smalling joke.

We are antagonists. Remember that.

Back
Top Bottom