Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walker with those tryhard 50m crosses.... Feels like the oldschool dont want to pass to the new players... Lamela, soldado ,towns had so many good opportunities but instead we pass back...

What is the point of buying Soldado if we arn't going to play to his strengths.
Thats 3 prem games played now and i don't think we have played him through once. Might as well make a cardboard cutout of soldado and send the real one back to valencia.

we are gonna get so much shit;
for spending and losing
for being a one man team
for the bad game

When anyone talks to you about us spending and losing you really owe humanity to punch the cunt in the face. The sheer inanity of this saturation-punditry bollocks is infuriating.

Passion for a derby like that from players that have never been in it is somewhat understandable the thing that worries me is where the hell Dembele fits in this team now. For all of his ability to keep the ball in a dribble he's not doing much with the ball or off it, Even if (god forbid) Capoue is out for a lengthy period I still can't see where he fits in.

I aint losing any sleep. yeah, we have played better, in the last couple of years.
Hindsight says might have been better to start sandro (understands the urgency) in this one, but that's hindsight. If both squads are the same come the window closing (and Bale gone) we will finish in front of them.

People shitting on Chadli really weren't watching the game today.

You think if a winger isn't pacey as fuck that he's shit? Open your eyes, there were far worse performances in our team today, and Chadli created plenty of chances, but nobody got on the end of them.

Absolute shocking today. We have no clue when going forward. Soldado is just Defoe without pace. Dawson is horrible. Lamela looks way too leightweight. Our goal difference will cost us in the end. Knee-jerk over. .

Im not having any of this 'wait for the players to gel' bollocks.

We created fuck all, that doesnt come with gelling, it comes with having creative players in your team.

And when we do get Eriksen in, the pressure on that boy is going to be IMMENSE, and he'll be hounded out big time if he doesnt create things instantly.

did anybody see any kind of creativity from today's game?

the only thing I remeber is walker running around and crossing like a maniac :(

hope eriksen could open things up a bit more

You think if a winger isn't pacey as fuck that he's shit? Open your eyes, there were far worse performances in our team today, and Chadli created plenty of chances, but nobody got on the end of them.

I thought Chadli was entirely forgettable, same as every other time he has played. He needs to step it up IMHO.

That isnt singling him out though, there were only a couple of players able to hold their heads up today.

Bum'oles.

That's all.

The performance didn't even warrant getting angry about!
Only bit of urgency was when the 5 minutes wept up at the end!
What happened in the previous 90 didn't even feel like a NLD, let alone how much money we've spent....

Btw, how is Capoue? That looked bad.

I have to agree with you. Chadli was hardly at fault - Rose, DAWSON, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho all had really poor games.

Was most disappointed with Dawson though

I thought Chadli was entirely forgettable, same as every other time he has played. He needs to step it up IMHO.

That isnt singling him out though, there were only a couple of players able to hold their heads up today.
Chadli was fantastic. He isn't flashy, he isn't going to wow you, but he gets the job done better than most players. I'd take him over Lennon every single day. He played solidly today and was one of our best players IMO.

Goodness me. So many in meltdown. I know its the arse but calm down. Calling all of our players crap is short sighted and negative. Think back, Bale saved us plenty last season but we still didn't create shed loads of chances. The manager isn't suddenly rubbish. Saying I'm not having this 'gel' bollocks IS bollocks. Stay behind the team ffs.

Back
Top Bottom