Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most criminally underrated player in the last 10 years at Spurs? He has to be up there. My opinion he has been immense this season, a vital cog in Conte’s machine.

His excellent pass led to our goal. He has a weird combination of poor technique but good vision. So he ends up playing some great passes but is inconsistent and also plays some terrible ones.

Anyway, a midfield 3 suits him.
i wouldnt say his technique is poor,i think hes technically fine. but i know what you mean, he can sometimes be sloppy. think its either sometimes due to fatigue or just a lack of concentration.

Not bad for a cement mixer.

Højbjerg and Dier 5-yard passes to each other for 90 minutes, 24/7/365.

A huge away win against an over-performing Brighton, but they had nearly 60% possession FFS.

hsDcV9C.png

Last edited:
Højbjerg and Dier 5-yard passes to each other for 90 minutes, 24/7/365.

A huge away win against an over-performing Brighton, but they had nearly 60% possession FFS.

hsDcV9C.png
Did you read what you quoted?

9 passes into final third
4 passes into box

In the big 5 leagues he’s in the 91st percentile for progressive passes for all midfielders. 77th percentile for dribbles completed.

He’s giving us what brozovic would give us. Stats are very similar. Both had 3 goals and 4 assists last season. Hojbjerg better in a midfield two though.

His excellent pass led to our goal. He has a weird combination of poor technique but good vision. So he ends up playing some great passes but is inconsistent and also plays some terrible ones.

Anyway, a midfield 3 suits him.
He’s a good middle third player. One of the worst DM’s I’ve ever seen but he can play a bit

Did you read what you quoted?

9 passes into final third
4 passes into box

In the big 5 leagues he’s in the 91st percentile for progressive passes for all midfielders. 77th percentile for dribbles completed.

He’s giving us what brozovic would give us. Stats are very similar. Both had 3 goals and 4 assists last season. Hojbjerg better in a midfield two though.
I read. He's the king of the 'hockey assist'.

Højbjerg: Elite-level progressive passer/dribbler.

Well... fuck me. Any word from Madrid?

Not my cuppa, but inshallah the Cløgger makes all of our dreams come true.

Played very well today.

I think people underestimate him. I really do get the impression that he is doing *exactly* what Conte asks of him.
Bayern developed him as a CAM. You can still see bits of it in his play when he gets forward. Its true he doesn't quite seem to have the finesse of DeBruyne/Maddison types, but he has the potential to lay on a great defence-splitting pass or crack a nice shot.

Very underappreciated and underestimated player, I agree.

He’s a good middle third player. One of the worst DM’s I’ve ever seen but he can play a bit
Bro I go to USL games here in the states. Trust me- PEH is realms away from being one of the worst DMs you've ever seen.

I don't know though- you might have been born yesterday.

Last edited:
Him or Bentancur have probably been our best players this season.

Not bad for a pair that get "overrun" and lose that supposed battle each week.

Him or Bentancur have probably been our best players this season.

Not bad for a pair that get "overrun" and lose that supposed battle each week.
They’ve both played wel but they’ve also been overrun at times. Hopefully a tweak to the system (or return of Kulu from injury / bench) changes that

PEH had a great game on Saturday, in fact he has been a bit of a shining light this season.
With the extra body in midfield perhaps he can get forward slightly and intercept the ball further up the pitch which would be handy.

PEH had a great game on Saturday, in fact he has been a bit of a shining light this season.
With the extra body in midfield perhaps he can get forward slightly and intercept the ball further up the pitch which would be handy.
Agree. I really think that’s his sweet spot - hustling and bustling to win the ball back and driving fwd

i wouldnt say his technique is poor,i think hes technically fine. but i know what you mean, he can sometimes be sloppy. think its either sometimes due to fatigue or just a lack of concentration.

His close control is poor. Not his overall technique.

Look how even Bissouma takes the first touch and brings ball to his feet. PEH does not have that.
And when he is in possession and opposition players come to close him down, he cannot cope with this pressure.
This also lead to him losing possession quite dangerously like 3x in first half.
That means whenever he receives the pass, he has to pass it on right away, unless he has lot of room around.

We really would need prime Dembele to use as 3rd CM... someone who could really influence the tempo. Receive the ball. Control it, keep opposing players off it, maybe dribble past one or two, and then pass it to player with excellent vision.

All of that is not saying that PEH would be shit. Far from it. He has been useful and he is very much needed.
He is also almost ever-present. Sick to think that with 2,25 seasons he has already played 9400 minutes for us.

His close control is poor. Not his overall technique.

Look how even Bissouma takes the first touch and brings ball to his feet. PEH does not have that.
And when he is in possession and opposition players come to close him down, he cannot cope with this pressure.
This also lead to him losing possession quite dangerously like 3x in first half.
That means whenever he receives the pass, he has to pass it on right away, unless he has lot of room around.

We really would need prime Dembele to use as 3rd CM... someone who could really influence the tempo. Receive the ball. Control it, keep opposing players off it, maybe dribble past one or two, and then pass it to player with excellent vision.

All of that is not saying that PEH would be shit. Far from it. He has been useful and he is very much needed.
He is also almost ever-present. Sick to think that with 2,25 seasons he has already played 9400 minutes for us.
100% agree but that’s less of an issue when he’s not in front of our back 4.

Back
Top Bottom