Will Harry Kane Be With Us Next Season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Harry Kane Still Be At Spurs The Start Of 21/22 Season ?

• Total voters
There is no upgrade to peak Kane outside of Haaland and even that’a debatable. We can beat the club with a lot of sticks but replacing him is almost impossible. Ultimately it all comes down to Levy not going for it with prime Kane at 26 and realising it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

That’s not how Levy works, he is all about stability and doing enough to make a top four challenge. We have never gone for it when we had the chance with Redknapp or Poch. He won’t risk to win things, that’s not his frame of mind.

All we can do when Kane leaves is buy a top draw striker like Toney and then upgrade a few other positions so the whole collective team is stronger. Your right individually we won’t replace Kane just like we never replaced Bale or Modric.

That’s not how Levy works, he is all about stability and doing enough to make a top four challenge. We have never gone for it when we had the chance with Redknapp or Poch. He won’t risk to win things, that’s not his frame of mind.

All we can do when Kane leaves is buy a top draw striker like Toney and then upgrade a few other positions so the whole collective team is stronger. Your right individually we won’t replace Kane just like we never replaced Bale or Modric.
We may as well buy a shit striker for two seasons after Kane leaves.

Whoever follows Kane will not be as good and will become universally unpopular very quickly.

Whoever follows Kane will not be as good and will become universally unpopular very quickly.
Richy can be a good No 9 for us. He’s only played the position a few years really, and can step up I think. He’s not gonna be creating goals for himself though so we would need the right supporting cast around him.

Richy can be a good No 9 for us. He’s only played the position a few years really, and can step up I think. He’s not gonna be creating goals for himself though so we would need the right supporting cast around him.
Richarlison is Son's replacement.

Richarlison's goals to games, before he came to Spurs, were very similar to Son's before his goal glut season in 20 /21.

I expect Son to leave Spurs in the summer.

Or Carrick

for kane to go bayern munich just to win a trophy would be fucking pathetic, they win that league without him he makes no difference to their domestic dominance. it would actually be a sign of him caving into the stick he gets, its weak. to do it at the expense of getting the all time prem goal scoring record too hahaha beyond dumb.

the reason maradona is revered as much as he is is because he took on the italian giants with fucking napoli....
And also because he did amazing things on the international stage as well taking on whole teams and scoring goals.

Exaclty. We became a much better team after Bale and Modric left reaching heights we didnt in their days. But we do need to upgrade a lot of weak positions. Cant cheap out anymore.

And also because he did amazing things on the international stage as well taking on whole teams and scoring goals.

That is rare though. At World Cups you have two players who did it Maradona and Messi. Gerrard drove Liverpool to FA Cup and CL glory in his pomp but for one player to do that is very rare and doesn’t happen often. Kane is great but he isn’t good enough to drive us to glory, neither is Mbappe or Haaland, we would need prime Messi to do that with the holes we have and the luck we have.

That is rare though. At World Cups you have two players who did it Maradona and Messi. Gerrard drove Liverpool to FA Cup and CL glory in his pomp but for one player to do that is very rare and doesn’t happen often. Kane is great but he isn’t good enough to drive us to glory, neither is Mbappe or Haaland, we would need prime Messi to do that the holes we have and the luck we have.
Yea i just meant those bits are also a big reason why Maradona is revered.

Yea i just meant those bits are also a big reason why Maradona is revered.

Yep. Also like Messi he was an all court player. He was a midfielder, winger and striker. He could do Modric’s job, De Bruyne’s job and Ronaldo’s job. Modric can’t do Ronaldo’s job but Maradona and Messi can do both of them. It’s the rounded game that allows them to be so so incredible.

There are only two players in football history that are rounded across all elements of the game. Stick Messi or Maradona deep in midfield and they are still world class, you can’t take Haaland and play him in Modric’s role. Born with it I guess.

Exaclty. We became a much better team after Bale and Modric left reaching heights we didnt in their days. But we do need to upgrade a lot of weak positions. Cant cheap out anymore.
Neither of those two were as central to the whole fabric of the club as Kane is. Bale was on the pitch in his last season but the whole club has been built around Kane for years. It’s very optimistic to think it’ll be smooth sailing if he goes this summer or the next. At the same time, some good planning and inspired signings can mean life goes on.

I do not know what Kane will decide anymore than anyone else but if he is going abroad, he will have many aspects to think about including will anyone be impressed when he retires having just won German titles or would he be better trying to win an English title? Will his England career be cut short if in Germany? Is he still on any of the other top clubs in this Country's radar anyway? He will not have the influence to play pretty much every match he is fit and do what he wants if he leaves us.
I doubt even Harry does not know yet what will happen. Revisit at end of season when he sees how we have fared this season and if Conte staying.

Been thinking similar (in theory) for a long while.....

It's Fergie-syndrome.

Richarlison is Son's replacement.

Richarlison's goals to games, before he came to Spurs, were very similar to Son's before his goal glut season in 20 /21.

I expect Son to leave Spurs in the summer.
I agree with Son leaving, but can't really say Richie will be a good replacement for Son. I think he plays way better as a striker than a winger (Watching the Brazil team). It will be a big downgrade from Son if he does keep starting on the left..

I think would be best if we find another winger to go along with Richie as the main striker (IF Kane leaves, which I think he will) along with Kulu on the right.

Not a bad way to start fresh.

Impossible to replace Kane though.

But the problem the club has is that Lloris, son and the whole defence also need replacing. There is no way we will do that effectively. One, we are historically shit at scouting and two, the owners.

We need to either get very lucky in the transfer market getting every transfer right or need to spend hundreds of millions for the next few summer windows. Honestly can anyone see that happening?
Or we need to develop talent already in the youth set up

My juxtaposition of Hoddle with Kane is because for me he is the only other candidate when it comes to Spurs best ever player in my lifetime.

I was born in 1969 and Glenn Hoddle was my hero.

Kane has gone beyond what Hod achieved for club and country.

It pisses me off the level of stick that Kane has directed at him for perceived shortcomings. The stats about Hoddle's record in the NLD were to put some perspective on this.

The Woolwich team that Hod played against were not even that good.

They won fuck all.

Kane has done it against everyone; home and away.

It matters nothing that he hasn't got a winners medal playing for Spurs.

He's the best.
Yeah but you shouldn't play this game. Not everything is binary. Hoddel won trophies for Spurs so how has Kane actually bettered him for us? The volume of goals is amazing but has he ever scored a goal as important as Hoddel in the cup semi or even Lucas Moura or Klinsmann against Wimbledon. The answers actually no.

Adding the "Glenda" bit came across as snide when there is no need to compare goal records of a Centerforward and attacking midfielder. They are both Spurs legends the rest is noise.

I found it difficult to cast a vote. Part of me deep down thinks he should, for his own good, leave to experience life in different country and win a big trophy. (I’d hate to see him play in the Prem for anyone else)
The rest of me selfishly wants him to stay with us because it will be near impossible to replace what he offers ie great goal scorer, brilliant in derbies, major assist merchant, boyhood fan etc.

Back
Top Bottom