Will Harry Kane Be With Us Next Season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Harry Kane Still Be At Spurs The Start Of 21/22 Season ?

• Total voters
I agree his record is fantastic, but it does and should matter to him that he has nothing to show for it.
I fully expect him to leave, if he wants to end his career with something before it's too late.
I expect Kane to run his contract down before he leaves.

I doubt he will allow Levy to sell him to anyone if Levy did renege on any verbal agreement he reached with Kane.

I would then expect Kane to listen to all the offers he receives and select the best deal for him and his family.

I believe he might stay.

I doubt he will allow Levy to sell him to anyone if Levy did renege on any verbal agreement he reached with Kane.

I would then expect Kane to listen to all the offers he receives and select the best deal for him and his family.

I believe he might stay.
Erikson ran his contract down, so yes Kane could do the same, but yes it does depend on the offers.
He might want, to leave this league and try another, especially with the abuse he will get for the penalty miss.
Not really sure, what would keep him at the club seeing as he hits 30 in the summer.

Seeing as he's not winning anything with us or England and he's not 'sexy' enough for the two Spanish giants, the smart option is Bayern.

He'll score loads, win plenty of domestic trophies (maybe even sneak in a CL as well) and probably not play against us.

I'd take anything around £80m for him next summer and reinvest under our next manager, because Conte ain't signing a new deal.

Seeing as he's not winning anything with us or England and he's not 'sexy' enough for the two Spanish giants, the smart option is Bayern.

He'll score loads, win plenty of domestic trophies (maybe even sneak in a CL as well) and probably not play against us.

I'd take anything around £80m for him next summer and reinvest under our next manager, because Conte ain't signing a new deal.
Well would you trust a reptile like our chairman, Conte can't be that stupid he knows levy is a snide.

Erikson ran his contract down, so yes Kane could do the same, but yes it does depend on the offers.
He might want, to leave this league and try another, especially with the abuse he will get for the penalty miss.
Not really sure, what would keep him at the club seeing as he hits 30 in the summer.
Staying at Spurs, at the end of his current contract, might be Kane's best option.

All players look at the money first in my opinion. The trophy and Champions League theories are for the supporters to indulge themselves with.

If the money isn't right then the player usually doesn't sign the contract. If the player can get money and medals then that is usually the preferred option.

However; Kane will put his families needs ahead of all other criteria in my opinion.

He's a solid fella.

These polls really should be closed after a meaningful period of time.......

21/22 - He stayed.

......And the following season.

Revised votes = Utterly meaningless now.

The obvious parties as ever are utterly transparent in their willing on undesirable outcomes so they can hate-wank over Levy.

[ Receives kisses from two such shit-clowns.... How very predictable.]

Last edited:
Staying at Spurs, at the end of his current contract, might be Kane's best option.

All players look at the money first in my opinion. The trophy and Champions League theories are for the supporters to indulge themselves with.

If the money isn't right then the player usually doesn't sign the contract. If the player can get money and medals then that is usually the preferred option.

However; Kane will put his families needs ahead of all other criteria in my opinion.

He's a solid fella.
I'm honestly surprised players aren't running down their contracts more, by far the most lucrative bet they can make on theirselves. Becoming more common, and I think in the next generation it will start to become commonplace.

I'm honestly surprised players aren't running down their contracts more, by far the most lucrative bet they can make on theirselves. Becoming more common, and I think in the next generation it will start to become commonplace.

It's also by far the riskiest. One ACL or really bad accident etc and they're fucked. Signing another 5 year deal might be less lucrative but it guarantees them tens of millions in income even if they suffer an injury or their career falls off a cliff.

It's also by far the riskiest. One ACL or really bad accident etc and they're fucked. Signing another 5 year deal might be less lucrative but it guarantees them tens of millions in income even if they suffer an injury or their career falls off a cliff.
While that's true, it's not a massive risk in truth. Most transfers go through with less than 18 months on a contract. There aren't many debilitating injuries footballers face, in truth. Even ACLs aren't career ending anymore.

Just saying, especially for top footballers the transfer fee often exceeds the total value of the wages. Why let a club put that money in their pocket?

Take out an injury insurance policy on yourself, then run that contract down.

While that's true, it's not a massive risk in truth. Most transfers go through with less than 18 months on a contract. There aren't many debilitating injuries footballers face, in truth. Even ACLs aren't career ending anymore.

Just saying, especially for top footballers the transfer fee often exceeds the total value of the wages. Why let a club put that money in their pocket?

Take out an injury insurance policy on yourself, then run that contract down.

It's not huge but it'll always be in players minds. And a lot of players do decline and lose value very quickly, so striking while the iron is hot and getting a juicy contract while you're doing well & fit makes sense from a stability/safety POV.

I think stability & peace of mind is the answer, really. The knowledge you have that contract and guaranteed money banked, as well as being able to plan for your family etc. Some players take the risk (more & more lately) but I see the value of either choice.

WTF is actually wrong with you

Utter dunce

You said that he wouldn't go abroad because he wants to beat Shearer's record

I believe that he would consider leaving the prem in search of trophies if he had to

I think you're just trolling tbf

Schmoods was always good at that

This- unless RM, Barca, PSG, or Bayern come calling for Kane in the summer, I would think he will simply play out the last year of his contract with us and see what happens.

While it would be a vomit-inducing ride for us Spurs fans waiting to see if he would stay or leave, I think it would put an insane amount of pressure on Levy and ENIC to either invest in the club and convince their best asset to re-sign rather than walk for nothing.

Can't see him signing any contract.
He has served us well and we have been lucky he has stayed so long , considering at one point he was arguably the best striker on the planet.
There is nothing for him at the club , ittle chance of a significant or any type of trophy and a impossibility of any sustained success.
Richy no doubt was bought as a long term replacement but once again is a downgrade to peak Kane .
It's just how the club rolls .

He has served us well and we have been lucky he has stayed so long , considering at one point he was arguably the best striker on the planet.
There is nothing for him at the club , ittle chance of a significant or any type of trophy and a impossibility of any sustained success.
Richy no doubt was bought as a long term replacement but once again is a downgrade to peak Kane .

Impossible to replace Kane though.

But the problem the club has is that Lloris, son and the whole defence also need replacing. There is no way we will do that effectively. One, we are historically shit at scouting and two, the owners.

We need to either get very lucky in the transfer market getting every transfer right or need to spend hundreds of millions for the next few summer windows. Honestly can anyone see that happening?

The big names in basketball have gone this route and I expect other sports to follow in the next couple of years.

Obviously the market works differently in the NBA. But the big names definitely are working the free agent route more these days.

There is no upgrade to peak Kane outside of Haaland and even that’a debatable. We can beat the club with a lot of sticks but replacing him is almost impossible. Ultimately it all comes down to Levy not going for it with prime Kane at 26 and realising it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom