Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should be. Ajax won the league last year so will have gone straight into the group stage of CL.

Yeah that's what I thought. Reason I asked is he only has the number 23 (squad numbers) and Holtby wore that against Tbilisi away. I wasn't aware that players could just randomly change their numbers for the next match in the EL but it appears Lewis has that ability which is why I wasn't sure lol.

Can't believe he only cost a 1/3 of what Lamela went for.

In the end, I think Eriksen will have a much larger impact this year for sure then Lamela

why is this?

I've read afew people state this and I don't understand the basis of the belief tbh

sure Eriksen got the start and we've only had 2 glimpses of Lamela but that's due to him traveling so far on the international break

I can see them both being huge for us this season along with Paulinho and Soldado too

why is this?

I've read afew people state this and I don't understand the basis of the belief tbh

sure Eriksen got the start and we've only had 2 glimpses of Lamela but that's due to him traveling so far on the international break

I can see them both being huge for us this season along with Paulinho and Soldado too

More than anything it's because we needed a No 10 more than anything. As you could see, all the parts came together with a decent No 10 in the middle.

why is this?

sure Eriksen got the start and we've only had 2 glimpses of Lamela but that's due to him traveling so far on the
international break

That CAM role . He will own it. The biggest outage in the first 3 games & what a difference he made on Saturday in that exact position.

Lamela might be absolutely brilliant one day. I welcome it. But he is young still and will operate on that RW where Townsend has made a bit of an impact already.

This POV is purely based on the role that Ericksen will provide and the outage prior to his arrival

I'

I understand that and agree Eriksen will be a top class player but I feel Lamela will be just as important especially in the big matches were teams pack the middle. Lamela came on against Norwich and in that little cameo played on the left the right and thru the middle. The quartet of Paulinho, Soldado, Eriksen and Lamela will take us up another level for sure. I guess Eriksen just came off a great debut so he deserves the praise, I just don't think we should let it take away from Lamelas potential impact which likewise should be huge.

Lamela could go on to be the best winger we've ever had, but it would never have happened without that CAM getting him the ball. Saying Eriksen has more impact is no slight on Lamela whatsoever, but having a good No 10 is fundamental for everything to work in a lone striker setup.

Lamela could go on to be the best winger we've ever had, but it would never have happened without that CAM getting him the ball. Saying Eriksen has more impact is no slight on Lamela whatsoever, but having a good No 10 is fundamental for everything to work in a lone striker setup.

You're missing the point that Lamela is also capable of playing in the hole and creating havoc. Like I said in his short cameo on the weekend he played on both wings and thru the middle at times. Eriksen and Lamela will link up a treat along with our other attacking players. I don't understand how someone can think Eriksen will have a "much larger impact" than Lamela when they're exhibiting signs of knowing next to nothing about the player.

You're missing the point that Lamela is also capable of playing in the hole and creating havoc. Like I said in his short cameo on the weekend he played on both wings and thru the middle at times. Eriksen and Lamela will link up a treat along with our other attacking players. I don't understand how someone can think Eriksen will have a "much larger impact" than Lamela when they're exhibiting signs of knowing next to nothing about the player.

He's gonna have to learn English before he plays CAM in the Premier League. I doubt very much he'll get much playing time in the position at all.

Who the fuck is...

Luka-Modric-008.jpg

I know, its a long way, but it was the first game since he left i didn't miss him

Christian Eriksen thanks Tottenham fans after debut
Last Updated: September 14, 2013 7:28pm

Christian Eriksen thanked Tottenham fans for the standing ovation he received on his debut after helping seal a 2-0 win.

The £11.5million summer signing from Ajax was included in the starting line-up for the Premier League game against Norwich at White Hart Lane, and claimed an assist for Gylfi Sigurdsson's 28th-minute opener.

He also had a hand in the Icelander's second goal four minutes after the restart, before being replaced by Lewis Holtby.

Eriksen was appreciative of the warm reception he was afforded by the supporters, saying afterwards: "It felt really good. I'm really happy to be here."

When asked if the fans might see their team mount a title challenge, he replied: "Hopefully this season, or maybe after. But this is an exciting season.

"They can expect great things, they're allowed! We'll try to do our best."

For the opening goal, the Denmark midfielder played a neat pass into the area for Sigurdsson to run onto and score.

"I heard him yelling!" said Eriksen. "I also knew there was the defender there - that's why I didn't give it too much. Luckily, he was there in the right moment.

"I would say maybe we should have won by more, but it was probably fair. It's easier to perform when everyone around you is really good."

Eriksen turned down several offers from elsewhere before deciding to sign for Spurs, and he insists it was more about the allure of Tottenham than the prospect of playing in the Premier League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ian-eriksen-thanks-tottenham-fans-after-debut

Roberto Soldado hails Tottenham team-mate Christian Eriksen after Norwich win
Last Updated: September 15, 2013 2:34pm

Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado has hailed the impact of summer signing Christian Eriksen following a promising Premier League debut.

The 21-year-old made the switch from Ajax last month, but the international break meant that he had to wait to make his Spurs bow, starting in the 2-0 win over Norwich City.

Eriksen assisted Gylfi Sigurdsson for the opening goal and impressed throughout, earning the praise of fellow new arrival and team-mate, Soldado.

"He is a brilliant player. It's incredible that he has got up to this level already in his first game in English football," the Spain international said.

"It's great for him, for the team. He is a player who is capable of improving all of us.

"He is a player that makes everything look easy and that's good for us. Today he made the difference; he's a player that can support us in everything we do. He can offer us a lot of passes to everyone who plays in attack for Spurs."

Soldado also recognised the significance of the victory, saying that Spurs' campaign could depend on winning these kind of games.

"We know that it's important to get three points at home, that will be clear at the end of the season," he said.

"I was close to scoring, but winning games always comes first for me."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...team-mate-christian-eriksen-after-norwich-win

Very pleased to hear that he repeatedly has said he has chosen Tottenham for what it is rather than it being in London, Premier League county.

Might be that they are only words and not something to rely on, but he does seem a very sound man, and this at 21 years of age!

Getting a bit emotional about the club this early morning. :avbshock:

You must be joking. CAM is a position in which real authority and communication is imperative to be established in order to be successful. That is fundamental knowledge of the game.

I can't help but feel you're abit of a div when it comes to football. Speaking the same language aint that important as long as the players understand the game and know how to move intelligently. Their eyes are far more important than their mouth, they have to beable see things unfold and have the vision to anticipate certain situations. Alot of people who play football still don't understand alot of aspects of the game. Communication on the footy pitch aint more than a handful of words either. The important thing is he can communicate fluently with the manager.

Back
Top Bottom