Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would actually get Poch back now, the sooner the better. That would be our only minimal chance to get top-4 now. Because it certainly won´t happen under Conte and this defensive shit we are served up.

BUT the owners, Enic or new owners(i don´t care wich) MUST start behaving like we are the 8th most valuable club in the world, it´s not an option anymore it´s a must!

AND the club must set a direction in where we want to be as a club, do we want this defensive shit we are being served, or do we want to play a modern attacking brand of football that 90% of clubs are playing now.

And IF we decide we want to play the Tottenham way, maybe we also need to get a new Technical director? Having an Italian like Paratici who is moulded in the Italian way(defensive) may not be the best idea?

I would actually get Poch back now, the sooner the better. That would be our only minimal chance to get top-4 now. Because it certainly won´t happen under Conte and this defensive shit we are served up.

BUT the owners, Enic or new owners(i don´t care wich) MUST start behaving like we are the 8th most valuable club in the world, it´s not an option anymore it´s a must!

AND the club must set a direction in where we want to be as a club, do we want this defensive shit we are being served, or do we want to play a modern attacking brand of football that 90% of clubs are playing now.

And IF we decide we want to play the Tottenham way, maybe we also need to get a new Technical director? Having an Italian like Paratici who is moulded in the Italian way(defensive) may not be the best idea?

Im a massive Potch fan boy… but he isn’t the answer to our current issues.

I actually want Thomas Frank. But im scared he'd keep Hojberg....🫣

Conte's interview wasn't very encouraging

Basically "we go for top 4 but in England teams like Fulham Brentford and Brighton have money, they have internationals, it's not easy" etc
Did I not read Brighton had a starting 11 costing 31 million.?
Maybe it was someone being sarcastic but it cost fuck all compared to our shite

Worst attempt at never posting again, ever!
after me

Pug GIF

What is poch going to do to make us get top 4?

Play a back 4? Whose in that backline. Doherty at RB? (Spence is no RB either), persic as a lb? Would be an even bigger disaster as he's not a defender, sess is useless in lb or wb roles

Whose in the back 2 ? Romero and dier :pochshock2:
He'd certainly still play Hugo in goal

Is poch gonna work with Pat?
Is levy gonna sell all these players that don't fit a porch system and buy all new players , highly unlikely.
Just another short term fix that's keeps levy comfortable at the top

It really pains me to say this, but you could see the difference between the mentality of the two teams when they came out for the second half. spurs just stood around, lethargically, like a load of individuals waiting for their own different buses. Woolwich, on the other hand, jogged out together, got into a meaningful huddle and generally seemed to be up for it.

I suppose Conte's half time talk was, "Just make sure you take it easy, don't press, give them space, allow them to win any loose ball, pass to them as often as possible, relax, sit back and let them win. I'll do my bit, by not making any changes until it's too late. Don't worry boys, you're still getting paid. And, whatever you do, don't show any evelebty."

What is poch going to do to make us get top 4?

Play a back 4? Whose in that backline. Doherty at RB? (Spence is no RB either), persic as a lb? Would be an even bigger disaster as he's not a defender, sess is useless in lb or wb roles

Whose in the back 2 ? Romero and dier :pochshock2:
He'd certainly still play Hugo in goal

Is poch gonna work with Pat?
Is levy gonna sell all these players that don't fit a porch system and buy all new players , highly unlikely.
Just another short term fix that's keeps levy comfortable at the top

There are very obvious quality gaps in this team but we are playing worse than the sum of our parts

We haven’t played a team in this league that hasn’t been a struggle

Back
Top Bottom