Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought the NLD last May was a Sliding Doors moment...

Somewhere this weekend, in an alternate universe, City closed the gap on The Arse to 2 points, whilst Harry Kane got his 2 winning goals in the NLD to put him above Jimmy Greaves, in front of the adoring Spurs faithful!

As it is, they're 8 points clear, Kane will no doubt break the record at some point, (probably away at Preston in front of a few thousand fans) and one twat has kicked Ramsdale and given us ALL a bad name!

What a piece of shit weekend THAT was.... no wonder it's 'Blue Monday'!

I saw a copper I kind of know at Northumberland park about 8pm, I smirked and said busy day, he laughed and said nah, piece of piss, everyones gone soft these days. He's more of an old school type plod than todays chipped jobsworth's. He said fairly quiet really but one did get glassed before the game and the amount of plod and new tactics prevented anything else.

Last edited:
Unsure what was the "plan" at Northumberland Park post-match.
I left bang on the whistle and legged it for a quick getaway down Park Lane.
Got held outside the station as per (wanted a train to Liverpool Street) and when the next train came in it left at least partially empty which riled an already obviously deliriously happy crowd up so don't know what the issue was with letting more over the infinite ramps onto the platform?
They then let a very very small amount (much smaller than usual) through eventually (only just got through) onto the virtually empty platform.
Even the Spurs stewards were giving it Police style commands ("lock" - really?) When I got past the Oyster readers (which there need to be more of either on the ramps or bridge or platform to avoid the chaos of touching-in) something kicked off which necessitated Police running down to help.
Given the result that meant surely everybody there had either left early or bang on time and would be Tottenham so the very moody big bulky Police presence in the dark in front of the station was a bit of a red (ugh) rag.

I left on 79 minutes. I wasn't going to risk any bedlam at Tottenham Hale. I ran the entire way back and got on an empty train.

At least someone Spurs caught something without any problems.
:llorisunsure:
Got the 6.55 train from Victoria with 2 minutes to spare.
Not too bad at that time as the next one is 20 minutes later but some games, it's the difference between an hours wait or getting home.
I can't actually remember the last time Spurs have made me even consider missing train and having late nights

Not here to talk about what happened between 4.30pm and 6.15pm

What I'd like to discuss is the miserable policing outside the ground and the utterly moronic staff around the ground.

I arrived 15-20 minutes before kick off. My entrance number is 18 on the south end of the east stand.
I was confronted with a good few hundred fans and police completely blocking off the way through.
The police were not offering any alternative. They had apparently also blocked off the pathway at the north end of the stadium. They were literally just blocking off half the stadium without a reason or an alternative route.

The stadium staff in the meantime, were not allowing fans in the area's blocked offed from entering the stadium unless it was from their designated entrance.
Consider that this is just an initial entry point, you can, once you've had your ticket scanned, get from that entry point to your actual turn style easily. I ended up getting quite riled up and telling the staff we were coming in and that they can't just leave ticket holding fans outside the stadium for no reason. I had one woman arguing back that we couldn't go in and one man, 2 feet from her who seemed to have an actual brain. He scanned the ticket with no problems and let us in.

I've been to about 6 NLD's over the years and never once had a problem. I'd like to know why the police were acting like such idiots and why the stadium staff aren't briefed on what to do when the police do act like idiots.

Also worth noting that on the way to the ground and on the way back to the station, i saw large crowds of officers - 30+ of them, boxing small numbers of fans up against walls. I presume Woolwich fans but who knows.

It feels to me that in addition to general fan negativity, the police and stadium staff did little more than wind everyone up yesterday
Thanks for posting. Confess I was scared of the way the police were behaving yesterday. My heart only settled once the gooners scored. Been going to the NLD each season since 07 and that’s the only time I’ve been scared like that,

Thanks for posting. Confess I was scared of the way the police were behaving yesterday. My heart only settled once the gooners scored. Been going to the NLD each season since 07 and that’s the only time I’ve been scared like that,

I've found cup games against Spam and Millwal to the be the games where you look over your shoulder. They have a lot more fans than league games and it typically shows.

I wasn't scared yesterday as I didn't see any trouble bar one incident - it was just extremely poor crowd management from the policy who seemed quite happy to rile up a crowd for no reason.

The one incident I did see was hearing a man yelling "fuck off you gooner ***t" very aggressively from behind me. I turned to see the victim of his anger was a woman who happened to have a red and white scarf poking out from her jacket.
He must have felt "pwoppah 'ard" giving an otherwise completely innofensive woman that much abuse.
Cock.

Watching the Eric Dier interview, he doesn’t give a shit
He doesn’t nor does the majority of our squad, every other “big” teams squad is exactly the same you’ve some random has latched on the fact he can play football some hanger-on smarter than the footballer can see this too so the process begins get him noticed, get him to say the right things and you’ve made it……your not telling me some young boy growing up in the back of beyond had a “dream” of playing for Chelsea or Man City fuck me little under 20years ago city was in what division 2 or just about and someone had a dream! Nah football is on its way out at the elite level, kinda envious of guys who follow smaller teams you know what your getting eleven guys trying there best, maybe not the best but trying to be…….

I have now watched the second half on top of the first and noted 6 decent attempts on goal, at least 3 bringing out good saves.
Kulu certainly turned it on, Sess regressed, Hojbjerg put in a lot of work and doesn't deserve some of the vitriol he gets. I'm not seeing all the fuss over Sarr, Bissouma looked the better option. Romero was dire and Dier was solid and our best CB.

The ref didn't help us did he ?
Ramsdale laughed in Richis face which was not sportsmaĺnlike and provoked Romero at the end.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating although our set up by Conte didn't help.

My ratings will follow and if you can suffer it, try re-watching looking for the positives.

Last edited:
I've found cup games against Spam and Millwal to the be the games where you look over your shoulder. They have a lot more fans than league games and it typically shows.

I wasn't scared yesterday as I didn't see any trouble bar one incident - it was just extremely poor crowd management from the policy who seemed quite happy to rile up a crowd for no reason.

The one incident I did see was hearing a man yelling "fuck off you gooner ***t" very aggressively from behind me. I turned to see the victim of his anger was a woman who happened to have a red and white scarf poking out from her jacket.
He must have felt "pwoppah 'ard" giving an otherwise completely innofensive woman that much abuse.
Cock.
Like I say, it wasn’t the goons, it was the attitude of the old bill and their nightsticks that got me. Absolutely no need. And they tried to force us into an area that looked like it was going to turn into a crush. I don’t think I look particularly threatening as a middle aged woman but maybe I do!

And what a knob. Probably mates with the prick in the south stand.

I have now watched the second half...
Ramsdale laughed in Romero's face which was not sportsmaĺnlike and provoked Romero at the end.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating although our set up by Conte didn't help.

My ratings will follow and if you can suffer it, try re-watching looking for the positives.
I thought it was Richie Laaa he laughed at that got him all riled up....

These bloody South Americans, all look the bleedin' same!

Cock.
And agreed about them v Millwall and West Ham. Even Chelsea have turned up to give us grief more than that lot too.

I've done my ratings and I'm the only one. A rival forum has 9 ratings and I don't want to use theirs because they are biased and inaccurate. Come on guys...put them to shame.

I have now watched the second half on top of the first and noted 6 decent attempts on goal, at least 3 bringing out good saves.
Kulu certainly turned it on, Sess regressed, Hojbjerg put in a lot of work and doesn't deserve some of the vitriol he gets. I'm not seeing all the fuss over Sarr, Bissouma looked the better option. Romero was dire and Dier was solid and our best CB.

The ref didn't help us did he ?
Ramsdale laughed in Richis face which was not sportsmaĺnlike and provoked Romero at the end.

I was all set to go at HT, the first half was awful in the stadium.
I said "I'll give them 10 minutes"
Ended up staying until the 79th minute. We did come out fighting in the 2nd but it really was all over. It's hard to say whether we were significantly better or whether they knew it was over and sat back a bit more too.

I was all set to go at HT, the first half was awful in the stadium.
I said "I'll give them 10 minutes"
Ended up staying until the 79th minute. We did come out fighting in the 2nd but it really was all over. It's hard to say whether we were significantly better or whether they knew it was over and sat back a bit more too.
They sat back alright and crowded their box when we attacked. We gifted 2 goals and they saw the game out.
I'm not having it our players didn't try. We are missing Bentancur and Sons Mojo, it's not as bad as some are suggesting. Kulu is a big plus and Richi as an option.

They sat back alright and crowded their box when we attacked. We gifted 2 goals and they saw the game out.
I'm not having it our players didn't try. We are missing Bentancur and Sons Mojo, it's not as bad as some are suggesting. Kulu is a big plus and Richi as an option.
They tried in the 2nd half, we were battered in the first half and 2 nil was flattering.
For me this has summed them up all season, come out flying, score early, get all the plaudits, then sit back and see it out.
They don't play "well" for 90 minutes like the so called experts would have you believe

Woolwich are the best in a below average league. The big clubs are under performing and the bottom half of the premiere is just dross.
We have a great deal of talent in our squad , but as ever, they are mentally weak This is the malaise that pervades our club and has done for a generation.

To effect change in this set up. I would invoke my favourite solution to this scenario. Mr Levy and ENIC must realise that if you are not part of the solution, then you must, simply must, be part of the problem.

It might be a simplistic theory, but like the best of ideas, simplest is best.

Unfortunately though, should they depart the scene, it would appear that the only buyers capable of meeting the asking price would do so with dirty money.

Difficult to maintain your soul when the game has long since lost its.

Back
Top Bottom