Tromsø (H) Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Rose did more damage playing on, especially doing that last sprint. When you get an ankle ligament injury for the first time you think you can play on as it is the same as a normal twist you do a lot of the time. I think he may be out as long as Verts was in pre season, but maybe could have been just a week at most if he came off straight away.

I think one positive from the game is that we got a chance to work out our tactics and team work against a side that parked the bus. I know Tromso aren't that much in terms of quality, but the last few years we have struggled against lower sides in Europe that did the same thing. We had difficulty unlocking the box, so to speak, and ended up with pretty unsatisfying results. Not so tonight.

When we face sides in the league that try the same thing we will have that much more experience and cohesiveness to make them pay.

How's that AVB?
:avbdamn:

Yeah, you know.:llorishuh:

article-2425621-1BEBBB8F000005DC-22_634x413.jpg

Passing game: There were 22 passes in the build up to Defoe's second goal

Right lads, I'm on my way home from Waterloo to leafy Surrey!
Enjoyed my game but and their is a big but, I was in the west upper stand, not my choice of seats I may add! I have seen more of an atmosphere at a graveyard. 50 something old men and their sons sitting their analysing the game as if they were Gary Neville and moaning at every opportunity given if something doesn't go our way. I did my very best to sing and shout and to get others to join in to no avail!
It was an embarrassment to witness such a lack of support for the team I support that I am angry as fuck right now!
Honestly what would you lot do to fix this problem?
:parker::avbwtf::defoe::avbmad:

Back from the game.
Thought we played well without ever really getting out of 2nd gear.
Lamely looke good on the ball and worked hard but you could tell he'd not had much experience playing in The team as the ball rarely found him in dangerous positions.
Very disappointed with holtby tonight. Expected him to boss the game but his over eagerness to impress seems to get the better of him and he played a lot of loose passes and lost possession a fair few times. Think he'd actually perform better against a stronger side

Back from the game.
Thought we played well without ever really getting out of 2nd gear.
Lamely looke good on the ball and worked hard but you could tell he'd not had much experience playing in The team as the ball rarely found him in dangerous positions.
Very disappointed with holtby tonight. Expected him to boss the game but his over eagerness to impress seems to get the better of him and he played a lot of loose passes and lost possession a fair few times. Think he'd actually perform better against a stronger side

Lamely? Controversial

Enjoyed my game but and their is a big but, I was in the west upper stand, not my choice of seats I may add! I have seen more of an atmosphere at a graveyard. 50 something old men and their sons sitting their analysing the game as if they were Gary Neville and moaning at every opportunity given if something doesn't go our way. I did my very best to sing and shout and to get others to join in to no avail!
It was an embarrassment to witness such a lack of support for the team I support that I am angry as fuck right now!
I was in West Upper at the weekend. It was exactly the same. You could literally hear a pin drop. It was so bad that when the first goal when in I was in a minority of people cheering. A fucking minority!

Never sit in the West stand? I've been going to spurs over 20 years and I can count on my Fingers how many times the west have been up for it.

Never sit in the West stand? I've been going to spurs over 20 years and I can count on my Fingers how many times the west have been up for it.
I don't want to go back to the west stand at all but then their is still the issue of no atmosphere! What I'm suggesting is what can be done about it? I mean it's right by the away fans ffs and to not make any noise around them I feel is fucking dreadful!

Pretty boring game but was nice to see Kaboul and Sandro start as well as Lewis and Lamela. I thought Holtby was pretty poor first half but had a much bigger impact in the second; he just needs to compose himself more.

Also, as I walked back to my car after the game this woman started talking to me, I didn't hear her properly the first time, this is how the conversation went:

Her: La la la business
Me: (I thought she had asked if I wanted any business which made me think she was a prozza, so I politely said...) Sorry?
Her: You look the business darling
Me: Ha ha

I didn't know what to say, so I just laughed and carried on walking, I think she was attracted because I had my hood up :llorishuh: #totnuminit

Back
Top Bottom