Tromsø (H) Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BUjdvniCUAAWdsv.jpg

PLAYER REACTION

Jermain Defoe, speaking to ITV4: "He's [Martin Chivers, Tottenham's leading European goalscorer] a legend so to be up there with someone like that is great.

Asked if he showed manager Andre Villas-Boas, what he can do, he adds: "I think the manager knows, It's a case of getting out there and working hard for the team. If you can score it's nice but I just want to work hard for the team. The new lads are brilliant and it was a good win.

"This is a top club with top players and when you get an opportunity you have to take it."

Christian Eriksen, speaking to ITV4: "My goal was a really nice goal and I'm really happy to score in my second game. The two goals from Jermain were good and very important."

Last edited:
Every one of Lamela's touches has purpose, he is going to be absolute class. A little passive and willing to defer tonight but not surprising considering it was his first appearance.

I think everyone did what they had to do tonight. It's great for the club, but not so good for the audience.
Absolutely no excuse for leaving early in my opinion.
Just don't fuckin get that at all. Don't people realise that the A1010 and the A10 don't metamorphosise into an infinite "Highway to where do you want to go, and how quickly do you want to get there"
It was the same in the 70s when I first started going, only diff now is, twice the demand, and at least 4x the amount of car users.
Moral of the story: STAY AND SUPPORT.
It will look really shit in the new Stadium.

See lots of people out there bitching about Europa League but injuries can happen in any game. Plus, we absolutely need these games. The squad has had so much turnover that these games are absolutely essential for our development and coming together as a team. Basically extended preseason.

Great performance. I guess the guys took it easy after the two injuries which is why we didn't see more goals/attempts. JD was MOTM, I think. Holtby would've been if it hadn't been for some mispasses and loss of possession which should've been avoided.

Rose injury worries me, but hopefully Vlad is ready soon if Jan is going to take LB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom