Anzhi Makhachkala (Russia) - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chiriches stood out for me. Never panics and is so collected at the back. Very heartening performance especially with Kaboul once again a doubt.

@ Dan D Dan D
Loving Chiriches' composure, never seems like he's under any noticable pressure and the way he always wants to play his way out of trubble, fills me with confidence going forward with him
imagine when he start to grow more in games at his feet,a good player ,polyvalent, play LCB,RCB,RB,or DM ...in a moment time he will play also in Premier League,when AVB consider his form would be very OK to do so...

Oh I have no doubt about his ability to score when he's on a hot run, I just wish he was a more intelligent player that trubbled the opposing CB's more
I think its too late for defoe at this point, I sure do hope we get another striker in jan, I hate pinning all our hopes on Soldado, that's a lot of pressure for him even tho his 28.

I think its too late for defoe at this point, I sure do hope we get another striker in jan, I hate pinning all our hopes on Soldado, that's a lot of pressure for him even tho his 28.
It is too late, which is why I'm being so very dismissing of him. He's done and is doing a job for us, but I feel we need an upgrade regardless. He's still a Spurs "legend" (I don't like to throw around that word so easily, for me the only Legend in my time following Spurs is King)

79.5% - Erik Lamela's passing accuracy against Anzhi, the lowest of all Tottenham's outfield players.

:lamelashock:

... I think a lot of it was cause of the pitch. Well, I hope that's the reason.
Elsewhere, like on SC, he is really getting bashed again. Imo, he just needs more time.

It is too late, which is why I'm being so very dismissing of him. He's done and is doing a job for us, but I feel we need an upgrade regardless. He's still a Spurs "legend" (I don't like to throw around that word so easily, for me the only Legend in my time following Spurs is King)
Can't argue with that, I hope he plays a big part this season to getting us champions league, even tho its most likely his last. After watching this fucking match I never wanna be in the europa league ever again, so depressing.

Other than that ... The only thing I got of of the game was ...

1. It's my first time watching Vlad play. And he impressed me the most in this game. Will be a decent signing.
2. Holtby has great vision. Plus, him and Defoe really do form a good combo.
3. Not really sure on Chadli yet. Goal apart, imo he didn't really fit in.
4. And finally, I was pretty surprised seeing Dembele play the full 90. Maybe he won't start against West Ham.

79.5% - Erik Lamela's passing accuracy against Anzhi, the lowest of all Tottenham's outfield players.

... I think a lot of it was cause of the pitch. Well, I hope that's the reason.
Elsewhere, like on SC, he is really getting bashed again. Imo, he just needs more time.

Far too soon to be knocking the lad. I am actually relishing this nice n easy approach we are giving him to blend into the side.

Jesus. Ive seen more out of him in his brief cameos than I ever did with the blessed Gio.

Lamela has something. Its as plain as the nose on Baddiels face.

As Gary would say. Just have a little...patience.

3. Not really sure on Chadli yet. Goal apart, imo he didn't really fit in.

Really? He certainly had the best touch of anyone out there with the terrible field conditions. Also his ball into Defoe on his late chance was the best piece of footballing all game. It was beautiful.

The revered Ozil has the best passing accuracy in Europe (in the final 3rd) at ~85%. If our worst outfield player is hitting 8/10 passes, we are doing great.

Just think how much our 'worst' player can improve and our prospects for this season...

:avbnaa:

Really dont understand the Lamela bashing. Great feet and always looking to make something happen. Needs time to settle in

Back
Top Bottom