Anzhi Makhachkala (Russia) - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really is the most worthless competition in the world, until the knockout stage.

Schlepping over there to face that mob......draining.

How the fuck is Russia Europe anyhow? Only because no other fucker wants to claim them.

imagine that Sheriff Tiraspol will be more weak team than Anzhi...i know them,not a threat also for Tottenham for the incoming their match in Europa League

They have just drawn 1-1 at Tromso....I think you may be right.

Edit: That's a 1-1 draw while playing against a 10 man Tromso for the last 20 minutes...

Last edited:
Really? He certainly had the best touch of anyone out there with the terrible field conditions. Also his ball into Defoe on his late chance was the best piece of footballing all game. It was beautiful.

For me Chadli was best player. Not many positives to take but don't care to much as everyone of these games is going to be like today, boring as shit. Which in the long run is a good thing as it allows us to gel and not over exert, so should remain competitive in league etc.
People were not wrong about Vlad's ability in the air, he will get very limited time on the pitch if he can't head the ball, on the flip side he looks good with the ball at his feet.
Looks like we've lost Kaboul i'm worried that this is it for him, after a year out he is yet to complete a full 90 mins. Sandro looked way off the pace too.

Spurs changing room was....different.
article-2442674-1880168400000578-538_634x585.jpg

Really dont understand the Lamela bashing. Great feet and always looking to make something happen. Needs time to settle in

Not understanding and not agreeing are two different things. We paid over 30m for a player, he is replacing the best player in the PL, expectations are high and the demand to compete is now. I understand where someone might question him, but I don't agree with it. I also don't see more than 2-3 people saying anything bad about Lamela those same people bash Chadli and many others.

Things to take from today's gane if you missed it;
1: Alex McLiesh is commentary coma.
2: Anzhi aren't trillionares any more
3: Russian grass is awful
4: Traore Is a handful in real life as well as FIFA
5: Holtby and Chadli were triffic in the circumstances
6: Ball at feet Lamela and Chiriches are the same player
7: Anzhis manager was alive before the inception of football
8: 5 o'clock is a stupid time for midweek football
9: Lamela wears gloves with a short sleeved shirt
10: We've topped the group
:levystare:

He's a witch. Burn him. BURN HIM!!!
i said before the match 2-0 for Tottenham,because i travel in a time machine, i knew the final result, despite brittish fans don't know this,how was that? when in UK is 5 o'clock ,exactly at the time when game just start ,here in Romania,the time was 7 o'clock,exactly when the referee whistle the final of the match ... just think about you all from UK bet some football tickets,just send me some signals....
"quod erat demonstrandum"
:D

Last edited:
Interesting thing I noticed about lamela. His head is almost always moving.. Picking out open spaces, teammates, defenders, ect. Every touch of his has a purpose it seems. Give him time. His quality will shine through eventually

Back
Top Bottom