Chief Football Officer Scott Munn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City Football Group China CEO Scott Munn has over two decades of experience as a key administrator across Australia’s leading sporting codes and organisations. Commencing his career with the Sydney Organising Committee for the 2000 Olympic Games, Scott transitioned to a position within the commercial operations of the National Rugby League (NRL), before joining Australia’s established code, the Australia Football League (AFL). While with the AFL, Scott contributed to the expansion of a second team into the competition in Queensland, the Gold Coast Suns. Scott was installed as Melbourne City FC Chief Executive Officer in the Club’s inaugural year in 2010, and in nine years with the Club he drove substantial growth across the sporting and commercial arms of the organisation, with ever improving results of the field, including the men’s first ever silverware in 2016 and back-to-back Championships for the women’s team. In 2019, he was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of City Football Group (CFG) China, and now oversees all of CFG’s operations in China.

Taken from the reddit thread on Scott.

We are a fun fare not a football club. Blimey!
Where???

giphy.gif

I just don’t care.

It’s so tedious. I get enough of this cobblers at work; new ‘international’ appointments dropped into the most senior positions, with their impeccable CVs and vacuous sound bites.

I don’t give a flying fuck about our international football operations.

I want 2 CBs, 2 midfielders, a 10 and a new striker.

Plus a goalie.

This is the proof levy does not care about the footballing side of spurs. It's the equivalent of a slow death by utter ignorance. This man has zero understanding of this game, this league and this club. Fuck levy.

I just don’t care.

It’s so tedious. I get enough of this cobblers at work; new ‘international’ appointments dropped into the most senior positions, with their impeccable CVs and vacuous sound bites.

Plus a goalie.

What, are you not impressed by another suit who has no idea about the sport we pretend to give a shit about? Ted Lasso minus the heartwarming bit.

I'm sure he's very good at marketing & revenue and knows a bit about AFL, so that's good. We wouldn't want to go and appoint people who really love the game, as they're a bit too likely to connect with the fans and get us playing decent football. What we need is more Beyonce concerts.

This is the proof levy does not care about the footballing side of spurs. It's the equivalent of a slow death by utter ignorance. This man has zero understanding of this game, this league and this club. Fuck levy.
I figured that this means that he has realized that he has to take a step back and allow someone that knows how to run the footballing side to run the footballing side.

I figured that this means that he has realized that he has to take a step back and allow someone that knows how to run the footballing side to run the footballing side.
I can understand people not being excited about this appointment. But it’s hardly anything to be mad about either.

What footballing departments? All I’ve seen lately is NFL games, Beyoncé concerts, cheese tastings and 90 minute torture sessions.
Don't forget the indoor e-karting aspect of football, which will be crucial to our development as a world-class soccering franchise.

Good thing he's hired someone who has lots of top level experience of managing a football team then!

Australian football that is. But it's all the same.

I just don’t care.

Plus a goalie.
A manager will be good too

Levy has found Scott Mann to be the new Director of Football Operations. His first task will be to find a new Director of Football to take over from Paratici. The new Director of Football will then be tasked with finding a new manager. The new manager will then identify new players to the new Director of Football. The new Director of Football will then pass on the recommendations to the new Director of Football Operations. The new Director of Football Operations will then discuss the names of the new manager’s requested players with the members of the Spurs Board. The Spurs Board will then discuss these with the old club Chairman ( Levy) who will reject these names and choose players who he considers financially more suitable. The team will play poorly for six months and the new manager will be sacked and Mason will be appointed as interim whilst the new Director of Football will , upon the request of the new Director of Football Operations and the old Chairman of the Board search foe a new manager to replace the old interim manager.

Back
Top Bottom